Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If the people who go on Jeremy Kylse can get a partner why can't I? Watch

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    Rubbish, as if someone with no teeth automatically prefers a partner with no teeth, they've just lowered their standards.

You've got to remember these people largely come from impoverished areas, which I'm assuming you don't, OP. They're the poorest and most vulnerable people out there, so we stick them on tv so we can laugh at them and have a go at them. I'm not a fan of these shows.

But yeah, mainly area. Also confidence, they might have a lot of negatives in their lives and appearances, but they still may have charm. You don't strike me as a confident person, and that's usually the difference.
    I wouldn't sayI'm a fan of those types of show either, I just watch it occassionally because it puts my life into perspective and makes me feel a bit more positive about myself. I guess you could call it a guilty pleasure.

Anyway you're right, I'm not from an impoverished area and I definitely don't have any confidence. Whatever the opposite of confidence is though, I have plenty of that.

(Original post by Zenomorph)
    Do you really want a J Kyle type partner ???
    I it's a straight choice between that or continuing to be alone, then yes, I can honestly say that I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I it's a straight choice between that or continuing to be alone, then yes, I can honestly say that I do.
    Don't ever say that...

ReputationRep:
    Because your standards are too damn high

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Rikudou_Sennin)
    I mean finding someone who plays to your strengths. A friend before all else like the sex. And don't say you ain't got no strengths... Don't bring that weakness here lol. You have to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to love you. Feel me?

Btw girl or boy? It will help me to understand you more
    I'm a boy.

ReputationRep:
    Well, there's your issue. You're after the benefits a relationship can give you and nothing else. If I were to come across someone like you I'd assume I'd be very easily interchangeable with the next girl who came along and showed some sort of interest, and that I as an individual has very little bearing on whether you'd date me or not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a boy.
    Ahh sweet then I can give you some personal advice. All you need is CONFIDENCE and a good sense of humour. I'm a dude too and I cannot stress enough how important confidence is and how you carry yourself. Confidence is a force that speaks for itself, unparalleled in power bruh. It doesn't matter if you're ugly or broke

(Original post by Another)
    Well, there's your issue. You're after the benefits a relationship can give you and nothing else. If I were to come across someone like you I'd assume I'd be very easily interchangeable with the next girl who came along and showed some sort of interest, and that I as an individual has very little bearing on whether you'd date me or not.
    I can understand what you mean, but just because I fall in love easily, it doesn't mean that I wouldn't appreciate you as a individual, it just means that I can see the good in most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeniB)
    How do any of the people on Jeremy Kyle possibly have any 'charm'?
    and actually I'm from a very low income background in a working class area?[/QUOTE]

Well I don't watch it, but charm can take many forms. There was that Mick Philpott who killed a load of his children in a fire, was well known for being on benefits and fathering a lot of children, he had a wife and mistress in the same house, he clearly had an ability to charm and manipulate women, despite appearing undesireable.

Ok, I clearly addressed that to the OP though.

I wouldn't sayI'm a fan of those types of show either, I just watch it occassionally because it puts my life into perspective and makes me feel a bit more positive about myself. I guess you could call it a guilty pleasure.

Anyway you're right, I'm not from an impoverished area and I definitely don't have any confidence. Whatever the opposite of confidence is though, I have plenty of that.
    I can see why people find it entertaining, I just find it a bit too much to take that we've adopted this fairly brutal system, and I'm not saying I radially oppose it, but it clearly leaves little for the bottom rung of society. And what do we do? Offer help? Even pity? Nope, most of the time we mock and ridicule them on shows like this, call them chav scum, etc.

Well that's what it's all about, confidence. Plenty of guys struggle with it, especially when they're younger. You've just got to make yourself talk to girls, show humour, and you will draw them in.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably boring

Honestly, those people might look disgusting to you, but I can imagine their lives being kind of engaging in a strange way

ReputationRep:
    Because the type of people on the Jeremy Kyle Show attract one another, they are like rats.

Throw money at them, this will gain their interest. It will allow them to fund their drug habits.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Whatever flaws the people who appear on Jeremy Kyle have they are never lacking in self confidence. For a guy at least, that's the most appealing quality you can have. When I think of some of my friends boyfriends, they aren't much different to me in terms of looks or personality. However they have a good level of self confidence and I don't, which is why they have a nice girlfriend and i'm in quite a lengthy dry spell.

(Original post by sr90)
    Whatever flaws the people who appear on Jeremy Kyle have they are never lacking in self confidence. For a guy at least, that's the most appealing quality you can have. When I think of some of my friends boyfriends, they aren't much different to me in terms of looks or personality. However they have a good level of self confidence and I don't, which is why they have a nice girlfriend and i'm in quite a lengthy dry spell.
    But what i you've got nothing to be confident about? Don't people with unjustifiably high levels of conidence just get laughed at?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    But what i you've got nothing to be confident about? Don't people with unjustifiably high levels of conidence just get laughed at?
    There's a big difference between being self confident and being cocky/narcissistic.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs to know the great love spell caster robinsonbuckler I can’t tell how long it took me to find a trust worthy caster like Mr Robinson online, I am a very satisfied and happy person today. i have used many spell caster but none of them could bring my man back but Mr Robinson did. after his spell was done, My lover moved in with me. I want anyone who want his or her lover back to choose Mr Robinson for help cuz he is the right choice to go with. his love spell was excellent. call him (+)1 9 7 1 5 1 2 6 7 4 5

ReputationRep:
    The people on Jeremy Kyle may be low class and poor some even jobless but all you need as a guy to grab a woman's attention is some confidence and a bit of humour, girls also like the bad boy type which appears a lot in Jeremy Kyle and does it really matter if a guy in Jeremy Kyle has no job the women he associates with and date live in the same conditions they probably will not look down on him. Most women just enjoy a guys attention if there is a spark or some attraction they will give you a chance at a relationship just don't be boring that will get you no where with women.

Lots of girls here will probably tell you they would not go for a bad boy don't listen to them when it comes to it that's who they go for because a bad boy touches the right buttons shows them attention and provides them a source of adventure but you don't have to change your whole persona to get someone just being a bit more confident and interesting will help you when it comes to seeking a partner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.