Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IS IT JUST ME or are women getting bigger these days? Watch

ReputationRep:
    as a 6ft1 girl living in london i have to say:
    where are you finding these tall people!?

as it is i barely see guys around the same height as me, let alone girls.
    i have to think that you're exaggerating a bit OP, because the majority of girls are no more than 5'7 max.

and outside of london women are even shorter on average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saibhandari)

i have to think that you're exaggerating a bit OP, because the majority of girls are no more than 5'7 max.

You're one of them!!

*runs*

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same shape and don't. Where are you looking?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You must be mad the majority are midgets.

ReputationRep:
    I've only met a handful of 6ft plus women. I could probably count them on one hand. So it's probably just you! I don't think I'll ever see a girl taller than me except on the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    Just you

ReputationRep:
    Open your eyes people. 6'2 girls are everywhere you just have to look carefully. One 6'1 girl even replied to this thread... they exist and they're populating FAST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saibhandari)

I agree!

I'm over 6ft, and like you I barely see guys around my height (isn't the average man in the UK 5ft 9?), let alone other women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DropkickSmurfy)
    I agree!

I'm over 6ft, and like you I barely see guys around my height (isn't the average man in the UK 5ft 9?), let alone other women.
    How tall are you? If you're like 6'4 then obviously you're not going to see many girls your height

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatsaapppp)
    How tall are you? If you're like 6'4 then obviously you're not going to see many girls your height
    6ft 1 - but as I said - I barely see GUYS my height, I'm not just talking about other women.

ReputationRep:
    6ft 1 - but as I said - I barely see GUYS my height, I'm not just talking about other women.
    I know SO many 6'-6'5 guys... most of them are just hiding from you because you give them an inferiority complex

ReputationRep:
    I know SO many 6'-6'5 guys... most of them are just hiding from you because you give them an inferiority complex

I find the opposite, when I do see a tall guy, I'm usually approached by them.

My ex-boyfriend (6ft 3) was happy to have a girlfriend who he didn't have to swoop down and kiss. He said it did wonder for his back!

ReputationRep:

I find the opposite, when I do see a tall guy, I'm usually approached by them.

My ex-boyfriend (6ft 3) was happy to have a girlfriend who he didn't have to swoop down and kiss. He said it did wonder for his back!
    lol. Do you like short guys or even guys the same height as you??

One day I saw a 6'3 monster woman full of muscles who made her bf look like a midget, but they didn't seem to care lol

ReputationRep:
    Women eat so much they are going to be the dominant gender soon.

ReputationRep:
    lol. Do you like short guys or even guys the same height as you??

One day I saw a 6'3 monster woman full of muscles who made her bf look like a midget, but they didn't seem to care lol
    I would have no worries about dating a guy shorter/the same height, but I think a lot of guys would have a problem with it.

Look at how Jamie Cullum gets mocked sometimes, in the media, because he is dwarfed by his wife, Sophie Dahl. It's no wonder why guys are reluctant to date women who are taller.

As a society, we're fine with same-sex couples (as we should be), but God forbid a woman be the taller person in a male-female couple!!

ReputationRep:
    As a 5'1 girl, I (sadly) wouldn't say girls are getting taller...

ReputationRep:
    I would have no worries about dating a guy shorter/the same height, but I think a lot of guys would have a problem with it.

Look at how Jamie Cullum gets mocked sometimes, in the media, because he is dwarfed by his wife, Sophie Dahl. It's no wonder why guys are reluctant to date women who are taller.

As a society, we're fine with same-sex couples (as we should be), but God forbid a woman be the taller person in a male-female couple!!
    I doubt guys would have a problem with it unless you're fitter and broader than the guy... And are we really fine with same sex couples?? Homophobic lad culture DOMINATES youth society. Even most old people aren't fine with it afaik. It's just the media and politicians who are scared to death of being politically incorrect.

Sophie Dahl is hot!! I wonder why she's with that short loser :confused:

jk

ReputationRep:
    Everything is getting bigger...waistlines,backsides,lo ve handles,breasts,gobs,tattoos,mor tgages,cars...look at the size of even a small car like a mini,fiesta or panda now..its because peoples arses are getting bigger..

ReputationRep:
    I doubt guys would have a problem with it unless you're fitter and broader than the guy... And are we really fine with same sex couples?? Homophobic lad culture DOMINATES youth society. Even most old people aren't fine with it afaik. It's just the media and politicians who are scared to death of being politically incorrect.

Sophie Dahl is hot!! I wonder why she's with that short loser :confused:

jk
    I know not everyone is OK with same sex couples, but I really think the majority are, it's only idiots who aren't.

And no, while I do like to keep fit, I'm not broad.

ReputationRep:
    I know not everyone is OK with same sex couples, but I really think the majority are, it's only idiots who aren't.

And no, while I do like to keep fit, I'm not broad.
    There are two kinds of fit - slim and muscly. Most guys would go for you if you are the first and if you are the second..... then my dear.... I am sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.