Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dual carriageway merging into 1 lane after lights Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live_a_life)
    Ford Fiesta, Vauxhall Astra, Vauxhall Vectra, Ford Galaxy, BMW 520i (a 1990 model), Mercedes-Benz Vaneo.

330d vs 530d is an incredibly hard choice! I think I'd end up going for the 530d. 5 series just feels so luxurious when you're inside!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A good history there !

So how does your current BMW compare to the Vectra, in terms of grip, cornering and general handling?

I'm leaning towards the 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeamanStaines)
    A good history there !

So how does your current BMW compare to the Vectra, in terms of grip, cornering and general handling?

I'm leaning towards the 5
    In all fairness, I've only 'owned' the Fiesta and the 320d. But I've had a huge amount of experience with the others I listed due to close family members having them.

In terms of grip, you feel much more planted to the road in the BMW.

Coming out of corners in the BMW is fantastic which I think is due to it being RWD. It flies out of corners. This is also the attribute that I think will give your FWD Passat a run for it's money

General handling is brilliant. BMWs usually have 'stiffer' steering than their competitors. It's this 'stiffer' steering that makes the driver feel so in control. The Vectra doesn't demonstrate any where near the same level of comfort and control.

Take the 5 mate. If I wasn't at university and was on £28k, the choice I'd be making is 530d or 535d

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live_a_life)
    In all fairness, I've only 'owned' the Fiesta and the 320d. But I've had a huge amount of experience with the others I listed due to close family members having them.

In terms of grip, you feel much more planted to the road in the BMW.

Coming out of corners in the BMW is fantastic which I think is due to it being RWD. It flies out of corners. This is also the attribute that I think will give your FWD Passat a run for it's money

General handling is brilliant. BMWs usually have 'stiffer' steering than their competitors. It's this 'stiffer' steering that makes the driver feel so in control. The Vectra doesn't demonstrate any where near the same level of comfort and control.

Take the 5 mate. If I wasn't at university and was on £28k, the choice I'd be making is 530d or 535d

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome.

535d + remap and I'd be the king of the traffic light grand prix whilst simultaneously wafting along in comfort

ReputationRep:
    I'd just drive normally. Im happy with the length and girth of my penis and so is every girl who has had it between their legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeamanStaines)
    Interesting. If you were to eco drive it. That is feather the throttle and change up at 2.5k, do you think it would outpace a ragged 100 bhp Golf ?

Very good car that. #saloonswag
    Who the **** eco drives a performance car?

But no, probably not. It would keep pace though.

ReputationRep:
    As per normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    As per normal.
    Haha that's because you drive an electric car, they're always first off at traffic lights :P a BMW i3 gave me grief in one of these situations!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.