Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FALSE rape accusations are the new epidemic. Lives are being destroyed everyday. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    They found out that it was a false accusation and the university still didn't take them back? Really?

And this is all hearsay too, I'm sure you're not aware of the circumstances surrounding every false accusation so you can't know the extent that the falsely accused and the liar has to go through. I would assume that if I ever knew someone or my friends knew someone who'd falsely accused someone of rape, they're definitely going to be ostracised from our circles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no I meant in the cases I've heard about the accused person got kicked off the course and when it was found out the girl was lying she didn't have any punishment and the dude still wasn't let back onto the course anyway.

(Original post by tengentoppa)
    I wasn't blaming the female gender for anything.

I'm saying that there is no way of knowing, your guess is as good as mine. But you can't assume that most accused rapists are indeed rapists because, as you said, it is incredibly difficult to prove.

Ye a lot of rapists are convicted with there not actually being any solid evidence. Wasn't there pretty much no evidence in the Rolph Harris case apart from testimonies? (didn't follow it that closely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    I think that any woman that's found to have made a false accusation of rape in a vindictive and malicious manner should be sentenced to a prison sentence that's twice as long as the potential sentence for the accused.

I agree with this a 100%

On a night out, a guy and girl slightly merry, they hook up do the deed all consentual of course. Day after girl is full of remorse and then decides to cry it was rape.

NOT all but a very common scenario.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying that there is no way of knowing, your guess is as good as mine. But you can't assume that most accused rapists are indeed rapists because, as you said, it is incredibly difficult to prove.
    But it's not possible. As a woman, I can't even imagine what a rape victim has to go through reporting the rape to the police, getting family involved, standing up in court to testify. This is why a lot of rape victims never even bother pursuing it, it just relives the experience over and over again. Theres a shame that comes with being identified as a rape victim and I know that most women wouldn't want to be identified as such, I know I wouldn't. How much more difficult would it be for someone who essential has no real proof of anything? She'd be found out to be lying as soon as it gets to court.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    no I meant in the cases I've heard about the accused person got kicked off the course and when it was found out the girl was lying she didn't have any punishment and the dude still wasn't let back onto the course anyway.

Ye a lot of rapists are convicted with there not actually being any solid evidence. Wasn't there pretty much no evidence in the Rolph Harris case apart from testimonies? (didn't follow it that closely).
    That sounds pretty unfair. Which incident was this and how many such incidences have you heard like that?

Trials involving celebrities are a little different because they are put in the limelight therefore making it incredibly easy for random women to come and testify against them. I actually feel sorry for male celebrities for that reason. Although for the vast majority of the male population, that simply wouldn't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Well I'm not saying men deserve it but the way some men behave they are inviting accusations of rape.

There are ways that you can protect yourself from being accused of rape: ie, don't act creepy, don't be persistent with women that are obviously not interested in you, don't go round making loud rape banter jokes as though its a theme you think its funny because then other people will become suspicious.

Sometimes men that get accused have to accept at least some of the blame for the way they behave.
    Excellent satire

ReputationRep:
    That sounds pretty unfair. Which incident was this and how many such incidences have you heard like that?

Trials involving celebrities are a little different because they are put in the limelight therefore making it incredibly easy for random women to come and testify against them. I actually feel sorry for male celebrities for that reason. Although for the vast majority of the male population, that simply wouldn't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 or 5 of them. They were on forums where the posters were asking for legal advise about what to do.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfairness like that is the order of the day when you're a man. Imagine also that a girl in a club throws her drink over you and you do the same back. Guess who would get kicked out. Nobody is prepared to cut men any slack while women have always been protected from the consequences of their own actions.

ReputationRep:
    4 or 5 of them. They were on forums where the posters were asking for legal advise about what to do.
    Well thats pretty unfortunate, I'd have thought the universities would take them back.

(Original post by scrotgrot)
    Unfairness like that is the order of the day when you're a man. Imagine also that a girl in a club throws her drink over you and you do the same back. Guess who would get kicked out. Nobody is prepared to cut men any slack while women have always been protected from the consequences of their own actions.
    I can't guess because I wasn't there? Both of them would get kicked out I would assume.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not saying men deserve it but the way some men behave they are inviting accusations of rape.

There are ways that you can protect yourself from being accused of rape: ie, don't act creepy, don't be persistent with women that are obviously not interested in you, don't go round making loud rape banter jokes as though its a theme you think its funny because then other people will become suspicious.

Sometimes men that get accused have to accept at least some of the blame for the way they behave.

Avoid being in that situation in the first place?

Don't have sex with her there's a helpful start.

Problem with too many men is they can't keep their dicks in their pants, as soon as there's the slightest offer of sex on the table they go rushing for it regardless of teh consequences or risks to themselves.

And don't get wasted on alcohol so you are unable to make clear decisions about the situation that you are in.

How many of these 'false rapes' were situations where the man had been ****ging it up desperate for sex and was smashed off his face and so easy to take advantage of.
    10/10 satire
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    people have been kicked off uni courses because of false rape accusations though. been beaten up etc.
    Perjury carries a max of 7 years, that's quite a long sentence.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...anual/perjury/

ReputationRep:
    Avoid being in that situation in the first place?

Don't have sex with her there's a helpful start.

Problem with too many men is they can't keep their dicks in their pants, as soon as there's the slightest offer of sex on the table they go rushing for it regardless of teh consequences or risks to themselves.

And don't get wasted on alcohol so you are unable to make clear decisions about the situation that you are in.

How many of these 'false rapes' were situations where the man had been ****ging it up desperate for sex and was smashed off his face and so easy to take advantage of.
    It's obvious you're trying to do some "reverse victim blaming" mocking post, but even then, it still makes barely any sense.

ReputationRep:
    [/FONT]
    A ridiculous amount of evidence is required for a jury to find someone guilty of rape... Seriously, I've sat in on enough trials to know. Just look at the conviction rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    I think that any woman that's found to have made a false accusation of rape in a vindictive and malicious manner should be sentenced to a prison sentence that's twice as long as the potential sentence for the accused.
    So you're saying that perjury is twice as bad as rape :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    So you're saying that perjury is twice as bad as rape :rolleyes:
    Don't be racist.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. They asked for advice on forums? Must be true then. Irrefutable evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    A ridiculous amount of evidence is required for a jury to find someone guilty of rape... Seriously, I've sat in on enough trials to know. Just look at the conviction rate
    This!

ReputationRep:

I see what you're trying to do here, but I don't think it works quite so well when reversed...

ReputationRep:
    You've obviously trawled the internet to find 8 instances of false accusations of rape. Well done. This is obvious proof of an epidemic!:clap2:

ReputationRep:
    But it's not possible. As a woman, I can't even imagine what a rape victim has to go through reporting the rape to the police, getting family involved, standing up in court to testify. This is why a lot of rape victims never even bother pursuing it, it just relives the experience over and over again. Theres a shame that comes with being identified as a rape victim and I know that most women wouldn't want to be identified as such, I know I wouldn't. How much more difficult would it be for someone who essential has no real proof of anything? She'd be found out to be lying as soon as it gets to court.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's never that cut and dry with these cases. That Oxford Union chap had his name dragged through mud for an age and a half even though the woman who accused him had absolutely no evidence at all - literally, she'd apparently cheated on her boyfriend with him and turned up crying in front of her friends, and when asked why went straight into victim mode. If cases can stretch that long with that nonsense, it's entirely possible that some men get convicted when they shouldn't be.

Every crime carries the potential for miscarriages of justice, of course, but false rape accusers seem to get off tremendously lightly. In the case above the woman admitted herself she made up the story and police found Facebook messages showing she knew it was a lie; but she appears to have escaped punishment altogether. Moreover the social stigma is clearly asymmetrical: even though she's a proven perjurer and near enough ruined an innocent person's life (not to mention attempted to get him put in jail), how much media coverage do you see of her? Has there even been any condemnation of her actions from a prominent media source or student organization?

This asymmetry is a result of a desire to not 'discourage rape victims from coming forward' but it distorts the landscape in favour of false accusers hugely.

There's also no point in trying to rationalise their actions in the face of a low chance of conviction. These people are twisted criminals and are not going to think in the same way you do - just as I can't enter into the mindset of a rapist.

ReputationRep:
    False rape accusations almost never result in a jail sentence and they're always found out. But most rapists walk free because of the same reason, lack of evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the USA, many students are expelled from university because of a rape claim that has never even ended up in court. Several of these will be false.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.