Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a half-Japanese, half-Anglo-Canadian girl. Ask me anything. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Hi Akane! Can you write kanji by hand?
    Hi! Yes I can handwrite kanji. But not as many as japanese people my age can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any more questions before I go to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    Sometimes. I occassionally get told that i look too asian but behave too white.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah, is it annoying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazebi)
    ah, is it annoying?
    Sometimes. I laugh at it mostly. My Japanese family always joke that I'm too white, they purposely do things like give me knives and forks at meals - instead of chopsticks, or instruct me how to use their toilet - the house toilets there are funky and have tonnes of settings!

My Anglo-Canadian side just keep telling me that I'm too short because of my Asian side, but that's because they're 6ft+ giants and I'm 5ft 6. I'm actually quite tall for a Japanese girl, but they don't realise that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes. I laugh at it mostly. My Japanese family always joke that I'm too white, they purposely do things like give me knives and forks at meals - instead of chopsticks, or instruct me how to use their toilet - the house toilets there are funky and have tonnes of settings!

My Anglo-Canadian side just keep telling me that I'm too short because of my Asian side, but that's because they're 6ft+ giants and I'm 5ft 6. I'm actually quite tall for a Japanese girl, but they don't realise that. :rolleyes:
    Would you just identify as a mixed person or do you feel more strongly connected to one side?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazebi)
    Would you just identify as a mixed person or do you feel more strongly connected to one side?
    I don't know the answer to that one. I officially view myself as mixed, although I do appreciate my Japanese heritage and I was born there, I probably consider myself British. I don't consider myself a Canadian much either.

ReputationRep:
    have you encountered much racism?

ReputationRep:
    Do you like/listen to jpop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    have you encountered much racism?
    Not much, most people are really respectful. I had one really bad spell of it with this one girl. She used to call me 'chinky eyed sushi breath', which annoyed me because I'm not Chinese and I don't like sushi... But I resolved that issue when I smacked her head into a wall. :cool:

I also wasn't allowed on the girls football team originally, because I wasn't the 'right physique' according to my PE teacher. He kept saying table tennis or martial arts would be my talent. But my head of year found out and replaced him, and I've now climbed my way up to being the captain of the U19 team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    Do you like/listen to jpop?
    Yes, I like to listen to a bit of J-Pop every now and then. I also enjoy K-Pop, especially the girl groups. I still prefer western music in general though.

ReputationRep:
    Not much, most people are really respectful. I had one really bad spell of it with this one girl. She used to call me 'chinky eyed sushi breath', which annoyed me because I'm not Chinese and I don't like sushi... But I resolved that issue when I smacked her head into a wall. :cool:

I also wasn't allowed on the girls football team originally, because I wasn't the 'right physique' according to my PE teacher. He kept saying table tennis or martial arts would be my talent. But my head of year found out and replaced him, and I've now climbed my way up to being the captain of the U19 team.
    lmao violence is the only thing they understand tbh

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite Japanese film?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    What's your favourite Japanese film?
    Battle Royale. Much better than the Hunger Games.

ReputationRep:
    Battle Royale. Much better than the Hunger Games.
    Yay my favourite Japanese film too! Hunger Games is good too, I can't keep the book down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Do you watch Anime?
    This is as gauche as asking a black person if they like chicken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Yay my favourite Japanese film too! Hunger Games is good too, I can't keep the book down
    Yeah, I think the Hunger Games books are really good, the film however, just doesn't match up to Battle Royale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armin.)
    This is as gauche as asking a black person if they like chicken.
    Armin's a ****boy.

fite me irl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterodactyl)
    Armin's a ****boy.

fite me irl

Armin x Eren so kawai

ReputationRep:
    Armin x Eren so kawai
    (´・ω・`)

ReputationRep:
    Armin x Eren so kawai
    Armin is so irritating

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.