Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's no one to open up to anymore Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know right? See if I was to say that to someone else they'd think I'm chatting a load of crap to them. I honestly do feel like out of every single friendship, non of them have worked out.

It's not even as though I have high expectations.. I just require simplicity. Just the simple things in a relationship - no judgement, allowing the other person to speak and to actually care, ask how they are, not only speak to them when something's needed.. but I feel like that's too much to ask for.

I don't fit in with society, I can't do all of this fbk, twitter, insta, and whatever else there is out there. I cant be fake with people, and speak to people who I don't want to speak to. I just want and need simplicity and that seems like too much to ask for =\

And that's ok
    Simplicity. I like that and I wholly agree. Friendship should be about the connection and respect two individuals have for one another. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can't keep up with the youth of today and I'm only 19.

All this Twitter, SnapChat and Facebook nonsense is just too much! How can people communicate via these mediums?! To hell with that I say! Call me old-fashioned but I much prefer face-to-face or phone calls as opposed to " Oh my God, X is such a **** #User" and whatnot. I feel as though even now I can't get along with the youth of today because of these superficial ideals they worship (not all but the vast majority) I am quite a down-to-earth person who values basic things like trust, honesty and being genuine. I'm not saying others don't but they don't tend to prioritise that instead they value social status etc..

Ahhh I am so done with life and yet it's only just begun. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Simplicity. I like that and I wholly agree. Friendship should be about the connection and respect two individuals have for one another. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can't keep up with the youth of today and I'm only 19.

All this Twitter, SnapChat and Facebook nonsense is just too much! How can people communicate via these mediums?! To hell with that I say! Call me old-fashioned but I much prefer face-to-face or phone calls as opposed to " Oh my God, X is such a **** #User" and whatnot. I feel as though even now I can't get along with the youth of today because of these superficial ideals they worship (not all but the vast majority) I am quite a down-to-earth person who values basic things like trust, honesty and being genuine. I'm not saying others don't but they don't tend to prioritise that instead they value social status etc..

Ahhh I am so done with life and yet it's only just begun. :rolleyes:
    I know right, it should be a simple relationship, where you find peace. Not where you feel like "will they even be here?" or "do they actually care" and loads of more questions. Throughout secondary school, I knew that this "friend" of mine would not last, and every night I used to pray he did. Sad really because I should have concentrated on other things rather than making broken relationships last. Same could be said about my actual relationship with a girl too =\

Yeah I know! I just recently found out what the hell the '#' means. Social media has really taken over peoples social lives, and to an extent where not being on them makes you look weird. I remember this girl telling me she didn't trust me because I don't have facebook, and that apparently I have something to hide =\ Do you know how frigging bizarre that sounds?!

Me too, I just don't bond in because I'm not one of them. I don't enjoy the whole "Oh my God, X is such a **** #User" :rolleyes:

Why has human kind drifted away from humanity, and are now spiritual prisoners of this stupid social networking society? :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.