Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone completely happy with their life?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could be much better but I'm not massively annoyed with it, fingers crossed uni upsets the balance of the daily routine, sick of doing the same thing everyday

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely satisfied with my life ,knowing that there is quite literally no door closed to me in this world, provided I do the work for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% happy until I own my luxury home, car and outdoor pool

Presently, I'm content with my life

ReputationRep:
    Not until I unite with my love! Simran1996.

ReputationRep:
    I will never be completely happy until every single human being other than myself is completely happy.

ReputationRep:
    overall i'm pretty happy there's aspects of my life which i think need improving but i think that's just human nature to want to strive for better things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Also this paper on the subjective well being shows how positive or negative events did not have a lasting effect on the happiness levels of the test subjects for any longer than 6 months. Basically providing there isn't something that makes you feel miserable on a daily basis your psychological well being is actually very stable and will always bounce back to a base state after either a very positive or negative event occurs in your life.

http://web.yonsei.ac.kr/suh/file/Eve...%20matter..pdf

So no amount of academia or career success or even money will make you happy in the long term. What does make you happy is if you enjoy the day to day processes of your daily routines. The above things can help with that or they could make it worse.
    this is soo true, i always hear family and friends saying things like if only i could win the lottery, if only i had a boyfriend/girlfriend i'd be happy but it won't, the novelty wears off and you feel empty afterwards. it's better to do things you enjoy throughout the day and take a moment to think 'ahh this is nice'

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LongLazyDays)
    I'm content and have realised that everything will get better eventually.
    You do realize you're not getting out of this alive right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    Could be much better but I'm not massively annoyed with it, fingers crossed uni upsets the balance of the daily routine, sick of doing the same thing everyday
    What is it you do everyday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    What is it you do everyday?
    Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    If you're completely happy you've done something wrong. You've lost all drive to achieve more.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was once, just over two years ago. The only issue you get then is the worry that it might end, and I knew it would for me. But I made the most of it and it was amazing whilst it lasted.

I'm not unhappy now though either, I'm content with what I have whilst also looking forward to what the future will bring, so I'm happy enough with how things are.

ReputationRep:
    What spurs me on (srs) is waking up after being drunk having assumed the apocalypse was near to find that really my life isn't that bad; I've got a lot of good friends and family around me, I've got hobbies I can pursue, on a uni course in which I can succeed if I put the effort in, places to go, people to see rah rah rah.

I definitely need my own independence in my own house again though, I can't be doing with my mum's squawkings when I walk in at 7 in the morning!

And some money as well. Money would be good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty happy with my life. I could alway do with losing some weight or having the perfect girlfriend, but you've always gotta have something to complain about!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  about_dan.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  103.1 KB

/thread

ReputationRep:
    At times, it's difficult having deafness and autism but I try to see the positives of it, like being given a unique insight into life and being able to understand other people's pain more. But if it wasn't for my deafness, I wouldn't be going off to a wonderful boarding school next month and met other fantastic deaf people during my trial there.

I'd probably be happier without the autism because I wouldn't have the frustration of repetitive behaviour and obsessive routines, and not being able to understand other people, but it means that I get to spend more time with my family as they have to help me more. But right now, I'm happy with my life.

ReputationRep:
    This too shall pass.

That applies to both positive and negative experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    If you're completely happy you've done something wrong. You've lost all drive to achieve more.
    I disagree. If you're completely happy you have archived Nirvana

ReputationRep:
    im relatively content.

I find if youre happy for a while, eventually you get brought back down. But then a few days later you can just pick yourself up.

Getting through the bad times and making the most of the good times... That's life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.