Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sex has become a fantasy to me! help needed. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its not that easy lol...The way people treat sex so casually makes me go insane!!! because for me its a huge, huge deal and then theres the rest of the world for who its just a bit of fun, like having a drink. i remember sitting in lectures at uni and overhearing people taking about their sexlife like its nothing! anyway thanks for the support
    I was older than usual when I lost my virginity so can relate a little with what you're saying. It can make you feel left out when people are talking about it. Could you get your friends to introduce you to girls you know? Maybe try a dating site. Are you looking for a relationship before you have sex for the first time or doesn't it matter?

(Original post by l.broadhurst)
    Yo pal,

really think you need a bit of self belief/esteem. Think youve just got yourself into like a spiral of sadness hoping someone will pity you.

I was just like this during the end of my exams and after my girlfriend cheated on me. Just live your life exactly how you want too. soon as you become confident and believe in yourself you will eventually gain female friends which could possibly lead to a relationship or just general sexual interaction.

At the end of the day males and females are both human. Live life! follow up hobbies, go to bars, go to the gym etc. There are billions of people on the earth.

just think to yourself, you WILL enjoy yourself, you WILL be a sociable person and you WILL do whatever you want to.

Basically, as long as you enjoy and live your life to the full, everything else will closely follow.
    sorry for the late reply. But its just shocking for me to think that the average person in this country looses their virginity at around 16 and so most people my age have been having sex for almost a decade now and im still like this. Even straight girls have more sexual experiences with women than i do
    I just cant get my head around the concept of sex and relationship and hooking up, etc.. as in, wow as if that girl let that guy put his **** inside her!! wow how does that happen. As if she let that guy kiss her on the lips... it must be good knowing that a girl would allow you to do sexual stuff to her by choice without paying for it...how must that feel?
    I mean the WHOLE concept of sex and everything even merely associated feels so alien and foreign to me. I find it hard to explain because theres so much going on and i just cant comprehend it all..

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to avoid making sex the goal. Just learn to appreciate yourself, then focus on making some real life connections with people, girls, guys whatever. As you get more comfortable speaking with girls, you mind find yourself joking around which isn't a million miles from flirting. The main thing is to find confidence in yourself. People can spot someone who's overcome with insecurity and that's usually not an attractive quality.

Step One: Be happy in yourself
    Step Two: F*ck step two, you're happy in yourself, the rest will follow.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    I once saw a guy on his own, in a coat (da ****?!) grinding on my fit as friend. She turned round asked him why he was doing it and what he thought the outcome would be. Then he started crying. Comedy gold.
    That's sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sorry for the late reply. But its just shocking for me to think that the average person in this country looses their virginity at around 16 and so most people my age have been having sex for almost a decade now and im still like this. Even straight girls have more sexual experiences with women than i do
    Not necessarily. My sex life has been a bit like Macaulay Culkin's career. Got off to a flying start but now really non-existent.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.