Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To those that need eye-sight corrections, do you wear glasses or contacts? Watch

• View Poll Results: Contact or glasses?
    Contact
    23.40%
    Glasses
    76.60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    No mistake. You can get monthly contacts which you sleep in
    Ohh wow, I never knew. I'm going to look them up

ReputationRep:
    Glasses. As I'm long sighted I'm not sure how contacts would work for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    They're awesome

ReputationRep:
    No mistake. You can get monthly contacts which you sleep in
    Do u sleep with yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Do u sleep with yours?
    Only when my gf's not home :awesome:

.... But seriously... Yes I do

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses. Can't really handle the whole poking in the eye thing!

ReputationRep:
    Only need them to read so glasses I fear this is a slippery slope though, my parents both have terrible eyesight so I'm probs gonna get blinder as I get older...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    They're awesome
    I have similar contacts, I can use them when swimming (no diving though), shower, sauna.. you name it. I've even gone through several medical procedures (with anaesthesia) while wearing them - I asked doctors about it and there were just - "Why not?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinirastas)
    I have similar contacts, I can use them when swimming (no diving though), shower, sauna.. you name it. I've even gone through several medical procedures (with anaesthesia) while wearing them - I asked doctors about it and there were just - "Why not?"
    They're great aren't they?

I pretty much forget I'm wearing them until it comes to near the end of the month - can be a bit irritating after a while, but then you just put fresh ones in & all good for the next month!

ReputationRep:
    Used to use contacts, but then I had LASEK.

ReputationRep:
    Glasses. I have a part-time job in an optician's and it's absolutely horrendous when someone comes in terrified and begging for an appointment because their contact has rolled to the back of their eye or they've slept with it in. I have no patience so I wouldn't be asked to take them out every night etc etc, hate the thought of sticking something in my eye and glasses are cheaper!

ReputationRep:
    Glasses- the idea of having to poke around my eyes to get contacts in freaks me out, even playing sports I just take my glasses off and go without

ReputationRep:

I pretty much forget I'm wearing them until it comes to near the end of the month - can be a bit irritating after a while, but then you just put fresh ones in & all good for the next month!
    Excactly! I've tried day contacts and I could all the time feel them on my eyes like hard rings. But these are soft and totally forgettable!

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Sinirastas)
    Excactly! I've tried day contacts and I could all the time feel them on my eyes like hard rings. But these are soft and totally forgettable!
    How can i get these type of lenses and how much are they??

don't you have to put them in solution for atleast 6 hours a day?

ReputationRep:

I'm not quite sure about advertisement rules of this board but here's one link to the brand I use: http://coopervision.com/contact-lenses/biofinity-family

I've got my subscription just from local optician, he recommended these for me and I've been using these or similar lenses for several years now. I don't remember where my glasses are No, no solutions. I wear them 24/7.

ReputationRep:

Just ask at your opticians. I'm with specsavers, was no problem at all. Nope, you literally wear them for the whole month. I sometimes take mine out every couple of weeks for a day just to give my eyes a rest though.

Edit - Oh and I pay £15 per month

ReputationRep:
    Glasses.

ReputationRep:
    Contacts, glasses make me feel super self conscious and mine are a funny shaped lens which makes me feel crazy dizzy. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Glasses.

I have a bad short term memory so I'd forget that I have contact lenses in and leave them in all day, and might even forget to take them out at night. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Always glasses. Never lenses.

I like the look of glasses. They're more convenient because I can take them on or off whenever I want. I can't be bothered with lenses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.