Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatyization)
    Thats a relief!!!! Thanks for the help and it was great to hear

I guess its just a case of apply smartly...
    No problem!

Yes most definitely, apply to your strengths!

ReputationRep:
    Thats a relief!!!! Thanks for the help and it was great to hear

I guess its just a case of apply smartly...
    I got a B in chemistry due to the practical being a D. Was able to apply to everywhere I wanted really. I think it's cancels out like Oxbridge and Birmingham... But yeah don't worry about get AAAB /AABB that's very good for AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    I got a B in chemistry due to the practical being a D. Was able to apply to everywhere I wanted really. I think it's cancels out like Oxbridge and Birmingham... But yeah don't worry about get AAAB /AABB that's very good for AS
    Thank you so much for your help! Would you agree that more people will get higher grades at A2 than AS?

ReputationRep:
    How important is the grade in the fourth AS which i will be dropping? It is physics btw....

ReputationRep:
    would a B in chemistry be a complete disaster at AS? I made some horrible mistakes in AQA unit 1 chemistry, I might not get an A because to that.
    I'm expecting a B in chem too!! Already decided i was resitting before i did the exam haha

ReputationRep:
    How important is the grade in the fourth AS which i will be dropping? It is physics btw....
    Depends per uni, some may want an A in the dropped subject (eg Southampton), others might want a B (eg Sheffield), or some may not care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    I'm expecting a B in chem too!! Already decided i was resitting before i did the exam haha
    Depends per uni, some may want an A in the dropped subject (eg Southampton), others might want a B (eg Sheffield), or some may not care!
    I am on the verge of getting a low A or high B in chemistry, however with my luck it will probably be the latter! I also doubt i will get a B in physics as well, i blame this on our rubbish teacher!

How were your other subjects? What other AS's did you take? You going to drop any?

ReputationRep:
    I am on the verge of getting a low A or high B in chemistry, however with my luck it will probably be the latter! I also doubt i will get a B in physics as well, i blame this on our rubbish teacher!

How were your other subjects? What other AS's did you take? You going to drop any?
    I took chem, bio, maths and geography! and yes i am dropping maths.. soo boring, plus I only need 3 A2s for uni

Also everyone in my year hated the physics, so you're probably not alone with that :P

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for AAAA in bio, chem, phys and maths. Not sure if that's what I will achieve though.

ReputationRep:
    Predicting AABB in biology, English literature, chemistry and maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    would a B in chemistry be a complete disaster at AS? I made some horrible mistakes in AQA unit 1 chemistry, I might not get an A because to that.
    I have a friend who got a B at AS Chemistry and is going into her second year at Cardiff

Just make sure that you get an A prediction and then get that A; also apply tactically - so avoid Oxbridge but other than that you're probably fine Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    I haven't got the money to take the BMAT haha :/
    I'm "preparing" for the UKCAT tomorrow and my exam's in 26 days lol but I'm going on holiday for 10 days so yep that's not looking so great... :/ I've gotten like 34% in mocks. ://

For my GCSEs I did quite well I got 11A*s and 1A but then again they won't matter if my AS levels go reaaaally badly. ://

And idk I just think PBL I wouldn't have that much motivation for it haha I mean I like to be spoon-fed a little bit. I would love a traditional course but I don't see how I'd get one if I'm not going to take the BMAT. Oh well!
    There are plenty of non-PBL, non-traditional courses that don't ask for the BMAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    There are plenty of non-PBL, non-traditional courses that don't ask for the BMAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
    St andrews is traditional and non bmat. Leicester isn't pbl I dont think and Nottingham only has a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppet Science)
    I have a friend who got a B at AS Chemistry and is going into her second year at Cardiff

Just make sure that you get an A prediction and then get that A; also apply tactically - so avoid Oxbridge but other than that you're probably fine Good luck
    Thank you for the advice! Do you know what medical schools your applying to yet?

ReputationRep:
    I took chem, bio, maths and geography! and yes i am dropping maths.. soo boring, plus I only need 3 A2s for uni

Also everyone in my year hated the physics, so you're probably not alone with that :P
    Yep! I am not surprised, lack of good qualified physics teachers and a boring specification, I am not surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    St andrews is traditional and non bmat. Leicester isn't pbl I dont think and Nottingham only has a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Birmingham is also traditional and non-BMAT (although they require stellar AS results, which in the context of this thread isn't a great thing). Most integrated courses contain a bit of PBL, but I gather lectures, tutorials and seminars are still the main form of teaching

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice! Do you know what medical schools your applying to yet?
    I've just passed my first year at Cardiff you're welcome, PM me if you have any queries.

[Especially if it's for Cardiff (as I'm there), or Cambridge, Southampton and Brighton (as I applied to those schools]

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppet Science)
    I've just passed my first year at Cardiff you're welcome, PM me if you have any queries.

[Especially if it's for Cardiff (as I'm there), or Cambridge, Southampton and Brighton (as I applied to those schools]

Good Luck
    Oh wow! Thanks a lot for your help and i will definitely be PM'ing you if i have any questions. Again thanks for the help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.