Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casper266)
    I can't answer about Taly Gate as it wasn't open when I was a first year but I can answer about Taly South

Taly South can be loud at times (especially freshers!) but as soon as it came to exam season everybody was a lot quieter as everyone had exams. The security guards are really good and usually tell people to be quiet during the exam period so don't worry about that

I would agree in saying that Taly South is the best socially, followed by Taly North. I loved every minute of living there and one piece of advice..enjoy first year!! It gets a lot harder after than haha

Haha, thank you for your help!
    Do you know anything about Liberty Cambrian Point's social side?
    I am going to put down Taly south, but I'm worried I wont be able to handle partying every night. I will need some sleep. lol. But I don't know in what order I'm going to put the talys and liberty C yet. :/
    Also, do you know if people who have an unconditional offer are more likely to get their top choices and/or find out earlier where they have gotten into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Still-Thinking)
    Haha, thank you for your help!
    Do you know anything about Liberty Cambrian Point's social side?
    I am going to put down Taly south, but I'm worried I wont be able to handle partying every night. I will need some sleep. lol. But I don't know in what order I'm going to put the talys and liberty C yet. :/
    Also, do you know if people who have an unconditional offer are more likely to get their top choices and/or find out earlier where they have gotten into?
    I don't know about Liberty Cambrian Point sorry and I don't know anybody who stayed there so I'm not much help with that!

Don't worry it isn't partying every night, Yes there's a few people who will go out quite a lot but you also get people who won't go out at all so you don't feel pressured in going out all the time In my experience people tend to go hard the first couple of weeks (freshers etc) and then it goes down very rapidly haha!

I don't think it makes much difference if you have an unconditional offer or not and everybody finds out about accommodation at the same time I took a gap year and even though I applied for my accommodation a year earlier than everyone else I still found out what I had gotten the same day as everyone else! 95% of people get their first choice in accommodation unless you apply at the last minute (from my experience anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casper266)
    I don't know about Liberty Cambrian Point sorry and I don't know anybody who stayed there so I'm not much help with that!

Don't worry it isn't partying every night, Yes there's a few people who will go out quite a lot but you also get people who won't go out at all so you don't feel pressured in going out all the time In my experience people tend to go hard the first couple of weeks (freshers etc) and then it goes down very rapidly haha!

I don't think it makes much difference if you have an unconditional offer or not and everybody finds out about accommodation at the same time I took a gap year and even though I applied for my accommodation a year earlier than everyone else I still found out what I had gotten the same day as everyone else! 95% of people get their first choice in accommodation unless you apply at the last minute (from my experience anyway!)
    Here are the halls posted up..just find yours and message your new housemates when allocations have been given.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardi...275313?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Can the residential period be extended in any of the Taly halls (Taly Gate at least), coz the website says it sonly upto June. But I have my course till Sept...Or can I occupy another hall after my residential period is over?? Need help ppl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish3d24)
    Can the residential period be extended in any of the Taly halls (Taly Gate at least), coz the website says it sonly upto June. But I have my course till Sept...Or can I occupy another hall after my residential period is over?? Need help ppl
    Hi. You can not extend residential periods but if you go onto accommodation and then compare residences, a table should come up. At the top of the table it says undergraduates and then undergraduates with non-standard residential periods. Click on that and the residences that come up are the ones you can live in. Or alternatively look at each of the residences, because there are some you can live in for the whole year (these might be the ones that have non-standard residential periods though, I'm not sure). But if you are not in Cardiff from September to September, you would be wasting money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.