Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

France wiped off map - Watch

ReputationRep:
    Taiwan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    To much amusement, LA Times have accidentally wiped France off a map and replaced the area with sea.

Talking more ecologically - which country would you genuinely wipe off the map?

It'd have to make a difference to the surrounding area. I'd wipe out the Republic of Congo as I think it would provide a great lake which would provide an essential water resource to starving Africans.

If I had a second choice, I'd wipe out Russia - the climate is far too cold and the territory too large and densely populated.

By 'wipe out', I simply mean the space disappearing and turning into sea, as the LA Times did with France
    Some of the most likely to disappear under the waves is the Maldives and the Dominican republic. Would have a pretty low ecological impact on the surrounding area though, relativley anyway.

One of the areas which would have the greatest ecological impact would be the Indo-Pacific region of Asia - Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua, Phillipenes etc. These areas contina a large number of the world's biodiversity hotspots and the removal of human activities would provide a great opportunity for the reestablishment of coral reefs and all of their residents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    If the entire Middle East could disappear that would be nice for political reasons, though not necessarily ecological ones.
    Wow. Ignorance at it's finest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    y u do dis?
    Overrated cuisine (imo) & their football teams + fans are the worst in the sport, violent cowards, corrupt and racist to the core.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    Wow. Ignorance at it's finest!
    If I had a penny for every time I got called ignorant when criticising Muslim or middle eastern countries I'd have enough to buy Manchester City.

There are few parts of the world right now that are more war-torn, divided and backwards than the Middle East. If I was to make any part of the world disappear, it would be that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    how dare u :mad:
    I dare you :sexface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.