700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshinebeem)
    Anyone know the absolute minimum UKCAT score you should be applying to St Georges with?
    The UKCAT cut off will only be released in in November after you have applied. But you need to get at least 500 in each section.
    The cutoff last year was 647.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Really interested in this uni, I've heard you can transfer to manchester. Is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Really interested in this uni, I've heard you can transfer to manchester. Is that correct?
    Eerm im not sure what you mean by transfer to Manchester. To do medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannywhite)
    The UKCAT cut off will only be released in in November after you have applied. But you need to get at least 500 in each section.
    The cutoff last year was 647.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh cool! Let's hope I get above that then haha😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool! Let's hope I get above that then haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's also likely (but not guaranteed as it depends on who applies) to be a little lower compared to last year because of last year's UKCAT scores being inflated compared to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    It's also likely (but not guaranteed as it depends on who applies) to be a little lower compared to last year because of last year's UKCAT scores being inflated compared to normal.
    Yeah i agree with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    I don't think so... If you are a biomed however there is a medicine transfer

ReputationRep:
    Btw, do you know if you get an automatic interview if you pass the cutoff or is it taken into consideration along with academics?

ReputationRep:
    Btw, do you know if you get an automatic interview if you pass the cutoff or is it taken into consideration along with academics?
    If you meet the min academic requirements and the ukcat cut off, you will be called for an interview.
    That's what their website says

ReputationRep:
    If you meet the min academic requirements and the ukcat cut off, you will be called for an interview.
    That's what their website says
    You are very helpful - thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    You are very helpful - thanks again!
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JackC96)
    I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!
    Did you score really high in your UKCAT, A-levels & GCSEs. I really want to go St Georges lol sorry if it personal :/ I recently got my GCSE grades and I wanted to know whether I stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elhamm)
    Did you score really high in your UKCAT, A-levels & GCSEs. I really want to go St Georges lol sorry if it personal :/ I recently got my GCSE grades and I wanted to know whether I stand a chance
    According to their website, you need to get at least 416 tariff points from your top 8 subjects at GCSE. I suggest you check out their entry requirements to see how they score GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    According to their website, you need to get at least 416 tariff points from your top 8 subjects at GCSE. I suggest you check out their entry requirements to see how they score GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I did I scored 432 tariff points, just a few point more than 416 that is because I only did 9 GCSEs. Do you think that they will consider GCSEs when applying or they mainly are in favour of A-levels & UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I did I scored 432 tariff points, just a few point more than 416 that is because I only did 9 GCSEs. Do you think that they will consider GCSEs when applying or they mainly are in favour of A-levels & UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For now, they do consider GCSEs, AS/ A Levels and UKCAT. You would have to meet all the min requirements to get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    For now, they do consider GCSEs, AS/ A Levels and UKCAT. You would have to meet all the min requirements to get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do they look at the tariff point for GCSE and the grades or just the tariff point? have they accepted someone recently with Majority of their GCSEs as Bs but their A-level was AAAB?
    sorry for so much questions I'm just really curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do they look at the tariff point for GCSE and the grades or just the tariff point? have they accepted someone recently with Majority of their GCSEs as Bs but their A-level was AAAB?
    sorry for so much questions I'm just really curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As far as I know, the tariff points are what they look at. Doesn't matter what grades u get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackC96)
    Hi, do sgul accept maths and further maths at A level? Also, if you were to take maths, f maths, biology and chemistry would the offer be for any of the subjects or would it have to include bio and chem even though they don't require them both to A level? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobisswaggy)
    Hi, do sgul accept maths and further maths at A level? Also, if you were to take maths, f maths, biology and chemistry would the offer be for any of the subjects or would it have to include bio and chem even though they don't require them both to A level? Thank you
    Hey

I applied last year with As in Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and I got an interview. You don't have to get As in both Biology and Chemistry if u did both at A Level. However, I would strongly advice that if you're thinking abt dropping any subject, it should be F Maths because if u do get a B in either Bio or Chem (hopefully not) not all unis will take Maths and F.Maths as 2 separate subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.