Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiev19)
    Hmm yeah you're not alone there! Although I'm sure when we get there we'll realise we had nothing to worry about
    Yea i'm sure! Once we've all settled in it'll be good. Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankieBritton)
    Yea i'm sure! Once we've all settled in it'll be good. Where are you from?
    Yep I'm from Essex, how about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm from Essex, how about yourself?
    No way! Me too in Colchester

ReputationRep:
    Oooh nice! Been there quite a few times although admittedly just for the zoo Have you bought your freshers wrist band yet?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh nice! Been there quite a few times although admittedly just for the zoo Have you bought your freshers wrist band yet?
    Yea the zoo is great! So where abouts in Essex are you then? yea i have and i've done all the jcr fees as well so i think i'm all sorted

ReputationRep:
    Yea the zoo is great! So where abouts in Essex are you then? yea i have and i've done all the jcr fees as well so i think i'm all sorted
    A bit further out in Wickford if you've heard of it? Yeah same here, feeling quite apprehensive about freshers if i'm honest!

ReputationRep:
    A bit further out in Wickford if you've heard of it? Yeah same here, feeling quite apprehensive about freshers if i'm honest!
    Oh right yea i've heard of it but have no idea where it is haha! Me too! Going to be weird partying/going out with loads of strangers!! SCARY!

ReputationRep:
    Its near Basildon, not the most exciting place... Yes! That's my worry too, I can't even imagine doing it. But then again I suppose every one makes friends very quickly in this kind of environment

ReputationRep:
    Its near Basildon, not the most exciting place... Yes! That's my worry too, I can't even imagine doing it. But then again I suppose every one makes friends very quickly in this kind of environment
    Oh right yea don't worry neither is Colchester! No i can't either. It's going to be really strange but everyone's in the same boat i guess so yea we will hopefully find friends soon enough Do you have anyone you know going to Reading? I literally have like no one i know at all!

ReputationRep:
    Oh right yea don't worry neither is Colchester! No i can't either. It's going to be really strange but everyone's in the same boat i guess so yea we will hopefully find friends soon enough Do you have anyone you know going to Reading? I literally have like no one i know at all!
    I know one girl in the second year but that's it, I imagine lots of people will be in the same position as you though

ReputationRep:
    I know one girl in the second year but that's it, I imagine lots of people will be in the same position as you though
    Well yea i reckon! Can't wait to get room numbers now really!

ReputationRep:
    Well yea i reckon! Can't wait to get room numbers now really!
    Me too, will feel so much better when I know who my flat mates are!

ReputationRep:
    Me too, will feel so much better when I know who my flat mates are!
    Yea same i think we get given them too late though. We should get them earlier so we can get chatting with everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I agree would make things a little less scary. Less than a month to go now!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I agree would make things a little less scary. Less than a month to go now!
    Yea i know! They released the first two themes for freshers today on Facebook on the Childs Hall page are you on that? The t-shirt idea seems good

ReputationRep:
    Yea i know! They released the first two themes for freshers today on Facebook on the Childs Hall page are you on that? The t-shirt idea seems good
    I am yeah I really liked that idea too!

ReputationRep:
    I am yeah I really liked that idea too!
    Yea it's good. I hope that the fancy dress days are good themes too. but i also hope that i'm not going to have to buy new outfits for each night though!! That's gonna be expensive!

ReputationRep:
    Yea it's good. I hope that the fancy dress days are good themes too. but i also hope that i'm not going to have to buy new outfits for each night though!! That's gonna be expensive!
    Nah I doubt it'll be that bad as I'm sure the unis will try and make the fancy dress nights somewhat affordable... hopefully anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Nah I doubt it'll be that bad as I'm sure the unis will try and make the fancy dress nights somewhat affordable... hopefully anyway!
    well i hope so! If they did like a black and white night or something that would be good hmm i wonder what they'll choose. So excitingg!

ReputationRep:
    well i hope so! If they did like a black and white night or something that would be good hmm i wonder what they'll choose. So excitingg!
    They'll probably do something like that so we don't have to spend any extra money on outfits. I know it really is! I've bought so much stuff for uni it's crazy, definitely gonna come over prepared.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.