Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannaht_)
    I feel exactly the same! Clubs scare me, but when I do go out (which isn't that often) I prefer bars and pubs what are you studying?
    Hi! I'll be studying I&FRM at Cass and I'm staying at Pure City!

ReputationRep:
    What's the Freshers FB group link? Does anyone think we should make an fb group too?

and @hannaht_, I haven't thought of joining any freshers event just because they're all club parties and yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c5k)
    What's the Freshers FB group link? Does anyone think we should make an fb group too?

and @hannaht_, I haven't thought of joining any freshers event just because they're all club parties and yeah
    The FB group is called City University London Freshers 2014 - 2015, there's nothing really in there though

Haha, looks like we're gonna have to create our own event guys! I just don't see the point of going to somewhere like a club to make friends when the music is too loud to even talk

ReputationRep:
    I'm also worried about this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disorientedpanda)
    I'm doing Psychology and haven't got a place to live yet haha, should be sorting that in the next week though.
    I'm up for a meet up if anyone wants to once September starts.
    Join the club... still havnt found a place and im psychology to :')

ReputationRep:
    So is anyone going to any freshers events? Which ones?
    I wanna go but I dont know where to go and who to go with sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ks_2905)
    Im doing psychology aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyc_Girl)
    Im doing psychology aswell
    SO what events are you going to..do you know anyone coming uni with u?

ReputationRep:
    SO what events are you going to..do you know anyone coming uni with u?
    I don't know yet. Yeah I do, through fb

ReputationRep:
    If anyone knows any non-clubbing events please inform us? But there's actually an International Students Welcome Reception on the 23rd, anyone going to that?

ReputationRep:
    The only fresher's event I've heard of is the Masquerade Boat party :confused: Does anyone actually know the 'official' start date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c5k)
    If anyone knows any non-clubbing events please inform us? But there's actually an International Students Welcome Reception on the 23rd, anyone going to that?
    sounds interesting but not sure? im real stressed coz I havnt got accomodation yet -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayena)
    The only fresher's event I've heard of is the Masquerade Boat party :confused: Does anyone actually know the 'official' start date?

Freshers is the last week of September although there will be some events the week before for those who start/arrive early

The official Facebook group "The OFFICIAL 2014/15 CITY UNIVERSITY Freshers and Events Group" and the City University London Student's Union Facebook page with give you updates on everything

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm going to be studying BA Journalism. Not too fond of the clubbing either Tbh. All I've seen is the boat ball and that's about it. Hopefully more events come out soon. I'm from London so I wouldn't mind meeting a few of you before uni starts. Everyone registered okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahDG)
    I'm staying in Liberty Court too ahahaaa

Do you happen to be in the liberty court group on FB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safx41)
    Hey guys. I'm going to be studying BA Journalism. Not too fond of the clubbing either Tbh. All I've seen is the boat ball and that's about it. Hopefully more events come out soon. I'm from London so I wouldn't mind meeting a few of you before uni starts. Everyone registered okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi so you know anything about the boat ball? Is it a formal event?

ReputationRep:
    Hi so you know anything about the boat ball? Is it a formal event?
    Yep. The masquerade boat ball is a formal black tie event. It'll be held on the 27th. Tickets cost £20.

Sent from my iPhone

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it kinda weird & awkward to go to the boat ball alone though I mean if you go without knowing anyone yet :/

ReputationRep:
    We could meet up before we go

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the psychology BSc and have no where to live either! Pretty big club we're forming!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.