The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Bsc Mathematical sciences (all combinations) 2014 QMUL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MatureIsGood:))
So sciences:smile: I tried Physics as well but dropped it just before exam. It wasn't the best shot, especially that electricity took half of the As program. I like science but not this kind, although I enjoyed waves and some bits of mechanics

Yup, I was completely set on doing something science related at uni, but I changed my mind last minute and decided I really wanted to do Maths :biggrin: It's interesting that you did German though.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I did Maths, Furthermaths, Physics and Computing for A level. :wink:
OK I did a list on the beginning of the thread of people that will do BSc Mathematics or Mathematics and... Maybe someone will want to know what A levels are important to do Mathematics or maybe just for us. If you can tell me what A levels you did I can update the list. I am just counting days to first day of school. I don't remember when I was so excited to go to school. This year is crazy: First waiting for results: will I get the grades or no. Counting days to the day. Ok then I had to wait on student finance, so counting days to SF. I've got it :smile: Now counting days to Uni. Oh men!
I am really excited about fresher week. I willn't go on every possible party, but I will definitely go on the boat party as I've never been on a boat before (except Ferry to France where you are locked on the Deck), I will go on Krispy Kreme party as I like doughnuts :smile:) and I will go on trip to Markets as I love shopping. Sorry but I am a girl and I will always do :smile:) What do you plan to do on fresher week??

I did Maths, Further Maths and Physics
OK I did a list on the beginning of the thread of people that will do BSc Mathematics or Mathematics and... Maybe someone will want to know what A levels are important to do Mathematics or maybe just for us. If you can tell me what A levels you did I can update the list. I am just counting days to first day of school. I don't remember when I was so excited to go to school. This year is crazy: First waiting for results: will I get the grades or no. Counting days to the day. Ok then I had to wait on student finance, so counting days to SF. I've got it :smile: Now counting days to Uni. Oh men!
I am really excited about fresher week. I willn't go on every possible party, but I will definitely go on the boat party as I've never been on a boat before (except Ferry to France where you are locked on the Deck), I will go on Krispy Kreme party as I like doughnuts :smile:) and I will go on trip to Markets as I love shopping. Sorry but I am a girl and I will always do :smile:) What do you plan to do on fresher week??

And I honestly can't wait either :excited:, been bored not being able to do any proper work over the summer :smile:
Original post by amina15
Yup, I was completely set on doing something science related at uni, but I changed my mind last minute and decided I really wanted to do Maths :biggrin: It's interesting that you did German though.

You know I am a little bit older than you so I had to combine my A levels together :smile: First I did A level Mathematics, German and Drama. I though that I will famous one day hihihihi. Then I woke up that actually world is not like that and I finished accounting courses gone to work as an accounting technician when I realized that all my life was in some way related with mathematics and I've decided go back to study. I did again A level in this year: Mathematics and Business and combining all of that QM accepted me on a place.

Original post by Kamakazi619
And I honestly can't wait either :excited:, been bored not being able to do any proper work over the summer :smile:

I don't know what about you but I am already 8 years in a small town where the only attractions are 2 cinemas, one small museum and bowling. London is for me as going back to normal life. Even for me this is boring and I'm counting days to day 0. I cannot imagine even how frustrating it must be when you are teenager and looking for fun. Starting Uni will like starting a new life in a big city with awesome fun but also opportunity to find a proper part time job.

I don't know what about you but I am already 8 years in a small town where the only attractions are 2 cinemas, one small museum and bowling. London is for me as going back to normal life. Even for me this is boring and I'm counting days to day 0. I cannot imagine even how frustrating it must be when you are teenager and looking for fun. Starting Uni will like starting a new life in a big city with awesome fun but also opportunity to find a proper part time job.

Even though I've lived in London all my life, I wasn't able to do much due to my background and parents tbh and Uni going to be a fresh start for myself so I can live life a little and experience things that I never was able to when I was a kid, this sounds so weird but yeah. Anyway I hope to meet you at freshers some time or during the maths induction day/lectures :smile:
Reply 26
Could someone tell me what G-100 maths it?
Original post by Venatal
Could someone tell me what G-100 maths it?

I don't quite understand what you are saying, do you mean whether g100 Maths is a masters or a bachelors degree ?
If that isn't what your after the Queen Mary website might be able to help

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/80110.html
Reply 28
Hi,
I'm going to study Mathematics with Business Management (G1N1). I am excited but equally nervous, especially because I'm not from the UK and will be moving to a whole new country.

And I was also wondering, what made you choose QMUL out of all the other unis?
Original post by t.s.r.
Hi,
I'm going to study Mathematics with Business Management (G1N1). I am excited but equally nervous, especially because I'm not from the UK and will be moving to a whole new country.

And I was also wondering, what made you choose QMUL out of all the other unis?

I cannot tell you that I've decided about QM. No, honestly, QM decided to take me. They offered me a place when I contacted with them that it is possible that I will have B in A level fast track mathematics ( actually I had 520/600, to get A you need just 480/600) and when I told them my story that I repeat A levels that I already have they offered me a place:smile:) But I can tell you why I though that maybe go there. Firstly it's in London, which is important if you want to get part-time job and is awesome regard social life and secondly as much as I've seen it people working there try to be really helpful. It's not the nicest campus but it's not so bad, I've seen worse.
Reply 30
I cannot tell you that I've decided about QM. No, honestly, QM decided to take me. They offered me a place when I contacted with them that it is possible that I will have B in A level fast track mathematics ( actually I had 520/600, to get A you need just 480/600) and when I told them my story that I repeat A levels that I already have they offered me a place:smile:) But I can tell you why I though that maybe go there. Firstly it's in London, which is important if you want to get part-time job and is awesome regard social life and secondly as much as I've seen it people working there try to be really helpful. It's not the nicest campus but it's not so bad, I've seen worse.

Yes, they have been really helpful, as much as I can see. Whenever I contact them, they answer promptly.
Good to know that the campus is not so bad, it makes me really excited to start in September :smile:
Reply 31
I did Maths, Further Maths and Economics at A Level
Reply 32
Mathematics, Business Management and finance :smile:
Reply 33
Is anyone going to early enrolment?
Reply 34
Original post by amina15
Is anyone going to early enrolment?

Yes, I am going. Probably on Friday :smile:
Reply 35
I'm going on Friday too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by amina15
I'm going on Friday too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Syeda123
Me too :smile:

Ooh awesome! :smile: what time slot did you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by amina15
Ooh awesome! :smile: what time slot did you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1-2, how about you?
Reply 39
Original post by Syeda123
1-2, how about you?

4-5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending