Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexKay99)
    You should definitely do that, I hope you get it!
    I will
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm having to do the same with OCR, should have got an A in history but an a in one exam and a d in the other? Makes no sense, and it's even more stressful because I'm being told I should drop history cause I got an A in chemistry, even though it was a fluke and i know i'm better at history...the only board I haven't had a problem with is AQA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maiisiie08)
    I'm having to do the same with OCR, should have got an A in history but an a in one exam and a d in the other? Makes no sense, and it's even more stressful because I'm being told I should drop history cause I got an A in chemistry, even though it was a fluke and i know i'm better at history...the only board I haven't had a problem with is AQA!
    Make your own decisions! I did english lit with OCR and I STILL haven't gotten back my result because my center promised to email it to me but hasn't so I contacted them and they don't pick up! What the **** is going on!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, M1 was disgusting. Apart from that, I thought they were okay for maths. I sat the following Edexcel exams this summer:

C3
    C4
    S2
    S3
    M1
    FP1

ReputationRep:
    Make your own decisions! I did english lit with OCR and I STILL haven't gotten back my result because my center promised to email it to me but hasn't so I contacted them and they don't pick up! What the **** is going on!!
    That's shocking! I'd be so annoyed if that was me, is there any other way of contacting them? How come you didn't receive it yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    That's shocking! I'd be so annoyed if that was me, is there any other way of contacting them? How come you didn't receive it yesterday?
    I'm on holiday so they promised to email it to me but they haven't (
    I've emailed & called and that's the only way of contacting them..ugh I don't know what to do, I expect they won't get in touch over the weekend...hopefully monday ugh what did I do to deserve this!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I got an A in units 1 and 4, B in unit 2 and an E in unit 5. An E... WTF.

Overall I got a C, 1 UMS off a B. I would be very happy with the B.

I barely scraped the time in unit 4 and just about finished. But finished unit 5 quite early. Although I wasn't very happy with unit 5, a C or at the least a high D is what I was expecting.

I have read TSR info on remarking but they mention 'scripts', what are these? Also should I buy the script and then after looking at it request a remark or do both at once?

Thank you all very much.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on holiday so they promised to email it to me but they haven't (
    I've emailed & called and that's the only way of contacting them..ugh I don't know what to do, I expect they won't get in touch over the weekend...hopefully monday ugh what did I do to deserve this!
    Oh I see, yeah they should do because it's so unfair to leave you waiting like this. Results are really strange this year, I hope all the remarks and resits work out for everyone...

Best of luck anyway, I hope they contact you soon!

ReputationRep:
    everyone should request their scripts back

ReputationRep:
    This is very true. Edexcel actually give a bonus if examiners mark all the exam papers they are allocated in quick time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    This is very true. Edexcel actually give a bonus if examiners mark all the exam papers they are allocated in quick time
    Really? If that's the case I might request both of mine back then, if there was rushed marking!

ReputationRep:
    Ill be getting a paper marked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naby08)
    Hey all,

I barely scraped the time in unit 4 and just about finished. But finished unit 5 quite early. Although I wasn't very happy with unit 5, a C or at the least a high D is what I was expecting.

I have read TSR info on remarking but they mention 'scripts', what are these? Also should I buy the script and then after looking at it request a remark or do both at once?

Thank you all very much.
    Hi, you can request to view a photocopy of the 'script' (make sure this this is the photocopy you request not the original otherwise you will not be able to request a remark) then from viewing the 'scripts' or the exam papers you sat, you can decide whether to ask for a remark or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naby08)
    Hey all,

Thank you all very much.
    I think scripts are basically copies of your exam paper, so you can look through them with a teacher and see if you were marked fairly. I've been told to request my scripts back so they can be checked and then remarked if necessary, though I'm probably gonna get them remarked regardless just because I was so shocked with the results, though maybe speak to your teacher about what they recommend.

What subject is this for?

ReputationRep:
    One maths paper I got all right except a 3 marker. I was expecting 88 minimum but around 92 and I got a 81. Wtf???? It didn't make a difference to my grade but I totally agree they messed up something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden tribe)
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden tribe)
    Hi
    My son has requested photocopies of the maths papers that he wants to look into, with the hope that if he/ maths teacher can see something worth extra marks then he will be in time for requesting a re mark (Deadline is 20th September -a Saturday!) of the unit with edexcel (and also in time to put unit grades on his UCAS which school submit in October). School have said the deadline for students to do this is 21st of August (board deadline is 22nd I think), so he took the form / payment in today (approx £10 per photocopy).
    If you are an AS student this may be an option that helps.
    If you are an A level student then you have the priority services which say they aim to get back to you within 18 days (!). It is likely they will be quicker than this as they can send electronically.
    Good luck with this difficult time.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. with my Biology, i got an E. i got a B in the course work, a C in one unit and U in another. surely these together would be a D??

ReputationRep:
    Really? If that's the case I might request both of mine back then, if there was rushed marking!
    My Economics teacher told me yesterday during results day. I was genuinely shocked when he told me as these examiners were/are in control of a persons life and future and they get rewarded for rushed marking :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyWilliams)
    The one I thought I did horrendous in with Edexcel I got 90/100 and the one I thought I was sure to get 90-100UMS, practised much more and was my favourite topic (Mechanics) I got a very low 35 UMS, I checked with the result paper in the maths section on this forums forgot his name, there was no way I could've got 35UMS as I got the same answers, Edexcel screwed up a lot.
    Similar thing happened to me - thought I'd done poorly on a paper and got high UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.