Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you look down on smokers? If so, why? watch

ReputationRep:
    Not really it can be good fun, and in moderation there are some positive health effects; its a good way of making friends. Plus lady smokers generally take it up the chuffer.

ReputationRep:
    You have to look down on smokers, it stunts your growth.

ReputationRep:
    I do.

ReputationRep:
    Taking the initial step to try it is not a good thing and I'd be a little disappointed to hear a friend had started but they know the risks and eventually it is an addiction so I wouldn't judge or look down on anyone for it.

Would anyone turn down someone - in a dating sense - because they smoked? (I personally wouldn't, but a smoker asked me where I stood on that issue and was wondering about what the popular opinion is on that one.)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nah I don't. I've had a cigarette before.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, smoker myself. I don't look down on people who drink (drinkers can also suffer from negative health issues, can get violent, stink of beer etc.) or take drugs. Its their life, their choices.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I really don't get why more stigma is associated to smoking than alcohol. I'll never figure it out. I'm teetotal, though, so maybe that's why.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If they're smoking cheap cigarettes that smell bad then yes. But recently I've found some cigarettes smell quite nice so if they smoke these I don't mind as much.

ReputationRep:
    No, I admire them, they don't live long enough to claim a pension and they pay more in taxed than their NHS care will cost, so if anything, I'd like a lot more people to take it up (unless I like you)

Get smoking 99.999999% of TSR, no time to lose!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.