Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    when do grads generally hear from bham about interviews? seems like loads of undergrads have interviews already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kh1912)
    when do grads generally hear from bham about interviews? seems like loads of undergrads have interviews already!
    Wondering this too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaNeuro)
    Wondering this too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i suppose no news is good news :/ where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    i suppose no news is good news :/ where else have you applied?
    Bham and Imperial (grad) Leeds, and Keele. Yourself?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when are interviews held and when do they send out invites?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email direct from Bham letting me know they are still reviewing my application - got me all worked up thinking it was the rejection/interview email, wonder why it's taking them longer to select interview candidates than it did for the undergrads :-s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickyVee)
    Just got an email direct from Bham letting me know they are still reviewing my application - got me all worked up thinking it was the rejection/interview email, wonder why it's taking them longer to select interview candidates than it did for the undergrads :-s
    Ditto! Scared the life outta me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaNeuro)
    Ditto! Scared the life outta me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ditto - I thought that I had received a rejection email! I think that it's taking longer for us because they're probably going over our applications in detail.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This is all.

ReputationRep:
    Was it the one that said this '

We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website'?

ReputationRep:
    Was it the one that said this '

We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website'?
    It was indeed :-)

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what are your stats? Just wanted to know how realistic my chances are in getting an interview. Competition is so high!

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs 11A* 2A
    3 A levels (AAA) 2AS (AA) (A* didn't exist when I did them)

1st class (just) undergraduate MSci in Narural Sciences (biology with pharmacology)

Not sure what other 'stats' are looked at, currently working as a healthcare assistant in hospital

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs 11A* 2A
    3 A levels (AAA) 2AS (AA) (A* didn't exist when I did them)

1st class (just) undergraduate MSci in Narural Sciences (biology with pharmacology)

Not sure what other 'stats' are looked at, currently working as a healthcare assistant in hospital
    Oh god, I think I should give up now haha!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I think I should give up now haha!
    But my personal statement was rubbish and UKCAT was average (didn't do BMAT or GAMSAT) so this is pretty much my only hope - and also happens to be my favourite so literally everything is crossed :-p

ReputationRep:
    But my personal statement was rubbish and UKCAT was average (didn't do BMAT or GAMSAT) so this is pretty much my only hope - and also happens to be my favourite so literally everything is crossed :-p
    Same about ukcat/bmat/gamsat!
    You never know about personal statements though t could be great! Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I've mentioned my stats in an earlier post. I'm currently working as an imaging assistant and I'm worried that I might be at a disadvantage compared to applicants who work as HCAs. This is because I don't get as much patient contact besides helping patients get ready for scans and acting as a chaperone for anxious patients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hawflo)
    I've mentioned my stats in an earlier post. I'm currently working as an imaging assistant and I'm worried that I might be at a disadvantage compared to applicants who work as HCAs. This is because I don't get as much patient contact besides helping patients get ready for scans and acting as a chaperone for anxious patients.
    I'm not working in a patient contact role at all which worries me too. I am fortunate to be able to assist with personal care in my volunteering though and am waiting for a start date for a job in the nhs which is still
    Relevant experience I think, even if we are working in the background!

ReputationRep:
    Same about ukcat/bmat/gamsat!
    You never know about personal statements though t could be great! Where else did you apply?
    Bristol (rejected), Warwick and Barts - unfortunately there were very few GEM courses that actually focused on exams/degree so I had to go with 2 UKCAT ones

ReputationRep:
    Bristol (rejected), Warwick and Barts - unfortunately there were very few GEM courses that actually focused on exams/degree so I had to go with 2 UKCAT ones
    Birmingham was my only GEM choice so got my fingers crossed for it as my UKCAT was rubbish so wouldn't have been any good for the UKCAT unis

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.