Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I nw weight 13 stone, any ways to help me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    pepsi max is essentially calorie free drink as much as you want
    No. I am sure it is eroding my organs and teeth. As well as giving me moobs and love handles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Ooh alright. I'm similarly addicted to diet coke .

I would have thought 13 stone is fine?
    Not for me it's not. I want a body like Tom Daley.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I wouldn't have thought he was an aesthetic ideal.

ReputationRep:
    I drink 2L Pepsi per day and eat a lot of white bread. They are things I can try to cut out, but I am only going down to 1.5 of Pepsi because I am addicted to it. I cannot abandon it altogether.
    Wow, do you realise how bad that is for you? If it's not Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max, you will have consumed so much sugar. You might get diabetes from it.

Even if it is Pepsi Max or Diet Pepsi, the sweeteners added into them are very bad for you. 2 litres everyday? And sweeteners can make you crave sugar.

Try drinking water instead. It's much better for you.

ReputationRep:
    I would listen to lots of weight loss hypnosis mp3s on iPhone when you relax and when you are out and about or sat at home and change your mindset about food and then slowly cut out crappy food from diet. For example, ditch the cakes biscuits, sweets and then dump the pasta, rice, bread anything white and disgusting.

If it helps think of cake a piece of lard and imagine it making you fat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slimming World!

(Original post by Greg Jackson)
    pepsi max is essentially calorie free drink as much as you want
    Nooo have water instead, yeah it's calorie free but it's brown water...you must think there's something gross in that? So many additives and rubbish in it

ReputationRep:
    Become vegan, trust.

ReputationRep:
    drink lots of water to keep full

ReputationRep:
    5:2 diet. Did it last summer, lost a stone within a few weeks and managed to keep it off without particularly watching what I eat. Highly recommended.

ReputationRep:
    I only want to be 10st 6lbs!

I am thinking of 4 24hr famines each week? Safe?
    3 square meals a day with an hours training each day

Simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toriar)
    5:2 diet. Did it last summer, lost a stone within a few weeks and managed to keep it off without particularly watching what I eat. Highly recommended.
    What is the 5:2 diet?

ReputationRep:
    What is the 5:2 diet?
    Basically eat as you would normally 5 days of the week and then pick 2 days of the week where you will eat only 500 calories (I think it may be 600 calories for men but 100 isn't gonna make much of a difference).

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by dropping to 10st or whatever, you won't have a body like Tom Daley

He is an elite athlete who trains everyday to maintain very high standards.

The right exercise programme is needed if you want a good physique

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Oh and by dropping to 10st or whatever, you won't have a body like Tom Daley

He is an elite athlete who trains everyday to maintain very high standards.

The right exercise programme is needed if you want a good physique
    All my Medium shirts and tees are now soooo tight it's embarrassing for me to leave the house. I have always had slight moobs, but now the love handles wobble as I walk. I notice people stare.

I need to get back to what I used to be before bullying at work took its toll and I began suffering depression.

ReputationRep:
    All my Medium shirts and tees are now soooo tight it's embarrassing for me to leave the house. I have always had slight moobs, but now the love handles wobble as I walk. I notice people stare.

I need to get back to what I used to be before bullying at work took its toll and I began suffering depression.
    u get bullied for put on weight?

strong colleagues

ReputationRep:

I think a lot of this goes beyond your weight tbh mate

I can't advise on any of this I've never experienced any of it.

As far as your weight goes, if you are really motivated to do something about it, you will.

I don't recommend any fad diets, they will not last. Be sensible with your eating and exercise at least 5 times a week to a point where you are sweating and out of breath.

ReputationRep:
    Try what works for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I already do 30 minutes walking each day. I cant run because I get out of breath too easily. Walking is the limit.
    Well I have asthma and I still run so that is not an excuse...and if walking IS the limit then do a session lasting an hour followed by a minute of sprinting or in your case walking at a faster pace.

ReputationRep:
    How can you live in Uxbridge if you're Brunel?

BRISTOL, BRO.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I already do 30 minutes walking each day. I cant run because I get out of breath too easily. Walking is the limit.
    Are you pacing yourself properly when you run? If you're getting out of breath really quickly, slow down a little.

Have you tried cycling?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.