Turn on thread page Beta

Need to lose weight !! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    op the only way to lose weight is throught a caloric deficit, i.e. burn more calories than you consume, use this to find out your caloric maintenance then eat 500 less to lose 1lb a week, 1000 to lose 2 lb etc, don't do any stupid "detox" fad diet bullcrap, eat proper food but be at a deficit

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
    Thank you very much, I will give it a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanC611)
    You should never just go without food, very unhealthy! Why not invest in some weights or a running/bike machine? Eating right is half the battle but you'll see vast improvements if you mix it in with exercise! You don't even need to buy a running machine really, just go for an early morning light jog for about 20 minutes every other day and you'll not only start to lose weight but feel great for doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you !! I dont really go without food well i have tried but failed but i do skip breakfast but it dont seem to help

ReputationRep:
    Just go on a calorific deficit...

For **** sake there isn't a ****ting secret diet/magic pill it's all about calories. Get off your arse and exercise too.

Think that wraps this thread up.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barbara95)
    I intend on starting this diet by a KPOP group called the Secret diet a friend of mine is on it and she's lost quite a lot like 7kg a month.
    Monday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, 1 sweet potato
    Lunch: chicken breast salad
    Dinner: 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Tuesday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, low-fat milk
    Lunch: 1 sweet potato
    Dinner: 8 strawberries, 5 cherry tomatoes

Wednesday
    Lunch: 1 sweet potato, 5 cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: 5 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Thursday
    Lunch: chicken breast, 8 strawberries
    Dinner: 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Friday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple
    Lunch: 3 eggs, 1 cucumber, 5 cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: 10 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Saturday
    Dinner: 1 tofu, 3 cherry tomatoes

Sunday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, low-fat milk
    Dinner: 1 cucumber

I intend on starting this when I go to uni as my mum will not allow me to diet. Good Luck
    WTF kind of retarded diet is this?

OP - stick to around 1,200 calories a day, and briskly walk for around 60-90 mins a day 5-7 times a week.
    That's what I do, and it works perfectly well. There really is nothing magic about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Just go on a calorific deficit...

For **** sake there isn't a ****ting secret diet/magic pill it's all about calories. Get off your arse and exercise too.

Think that wraps this thread up.
    Seriously why the ***k are you being so rude !! If this is a way for you helping other people then don't even bother !! Not everyone knows what the calorific deficit is and no it doesn't wrap the thread up !!! Seriously why are you even here wasting your time, just don't even bother from now on !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    WTF kind of retarded diet is this?

OP - stick to around 1,200 calories a day, and briskly walk for around 60-90 mins a day 5-7 times a week.
    That's what I do, and it works perfectly well. There really is nothing magic about it.
    Ok thanks but the diet that you called retarded infact does really work and many people do recommend it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mobinalimbu)
    Seriously why the ***k are you being so rude !! If this is a way for you helping other people then don't even bother !! Not everyone knows what the calorific deficit is and no it doesn't wrap the thread up !!! Seriously why are you even here wasting your time, just don't even bother from now on !!!
    lol chill, no need to go all 2+ exclamation marks on me, just tryna help

Regarding a calorific deficit, there is a thing called 'independence' and 'google'
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Ok thanks but the diet that you called retarded infact does really work and many people do recommend it
    Of course it works, it's starvation. Doesn't mean it's a good idea though.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Of course it works, if you have practically no food every day you will lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    lol chill, no need to go all 2+ exclamation marks on me, just tryna help

Regarding a calorific deficit, there is a thing called 'independence' and 'google'
    Well sorry for the exclamation marks it doesn't mean anything, i just like putting it and yah the way you put your information out didn't sounded like you wanted to help.

And i know 'independence' and 'google' but how am i gunna know what calorific deficit is when i havent heard it before ? Its not like i am gunna go to google and type calorific deficit when i haven't heard it before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Of course it works, it's starvation. Doesn't mean it's a good idea though.
    Yah thats true though

ReputationRep:
    Please listen. Don't do that diet. It's stupid and dangerous. That's a fact.

You won't get enough of many vital things for your body. Don't try it 'just for one week' because you'll lose weight and it will encourage you.

Weight is not everything, you won't be losing fast, your body will be starving and losing muscle which will make it harder for you to lose fat in future.

If you want to lose weight then eat less, move more. If you can't avoid treats completely then try limiting them to just twice a week instead of every day. Maybe walk sometimes instead of taking the bus short distances. Those things will make the serious lifelong lifestyle change you need.

Any diet is stupid and people that do them will put weight back on afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would never recommend any kind of diet nor I would try one, but I did lose +20 kg two years ago and I have stayed in my target weight. Some tips:

1. Dieting won't work if you change nothing in your daily habits! After you stop the diet, you will gain all the weight back and be in the square one - or even weigh more than before!

2. Make small changes, the kind you can imagine keeping up for weeks, years and decades to come! Try and find the veggies you can stand (and learn to love) and learn about benefits of whole wheat!

3. Exercise everyday and change your routines - take stairs as often as you can, park your car in the far corner of a car park or leave bus a stop before you are used to and walk!

4. This is boring but it's the one that keeps my weight balanced: weight yourself regularly, write it down and also count your calories. I do this everyday and I've been doing it for two years. I know when I can have a snack - and when to keep it stirct and walk past sweets isle.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said the diet posted earlier looks dangerous. It will work in the short run however unless you can maintain that sort of diet the weight is going to pile back on.

Simple things I've done is cut out junk food, added more fruit and veg to my diet and drank more water instead of snacking all the time. I go to the gym every other day and do about an hour of cardio. I've been doing this for a bit over a month and have lost over half a stone.

I think maybe the main issue is that you're wanting to lose weight too quickly. Try making simple changes to your lifestyle and lose weight gradually instead of skipping food and essentially starving yourself to lose weight. It would suck to lose a lot of weight and then seemingly undo all of your work as soon as you go back to eating normally. Losing weight gradually is more sustainable in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Please listen. Don't do that diet. It's stupid and dangerous. That's a fact.

You won't get enough of many vital things for your body. Don't try it 'just for one week' because you'll lose weight and it will encourage you.

Weight is not everything, you won't be losing fast, your body will be starving and losing muscle which will make it harder for you to lose fat in future.

If you want to lose weight then eat less, move more. If you can't avoid treats completely then try limiting them to just twice a week instead of every day. Maybe walk sometimes instead of taking the bus short distances. Those things will make the serious lifelong lifestyle change you need.

Any diet is stupid and people that do them will put weight back on afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much ! I do understand your concerns about that diet plan but i might still give it a go but i am gunna add more healthy foods to the diet so that i get things that i need to get for my body.

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

That would be a good place to start if you intend to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinirastas)
    I would never recommend any kind of diet nor I would try one, but I did lose +20 kg two years ago and I have stayed in my target weight. Some tips:

1. Dieting won't work if you change nothing in your daily habits! After you stop the diet, you will gain all the weight back and be in the square one - or even weigh more than before!

2. Make small changes, the kind you can imagine keeping up for weeks, years and decades to come! Try and find the veggies you can stand (and learn to love) and learn about benefits of whole wheat!

3. Exercise everyday and change your routines - take stairs as often as you can, park your car in the far corner of a car park or leave bus a stop before you are used to and walk!

4. This is boring but it's the one that keeps my weight balanced: weight yourself regularly, write it down and also count your calories. I do this everyday and I've been doing it for two years. I know when I can have a snack - and when to keep it stirct and walk past sweets isle.

Hope this helps!
    Hey there, thank you and the last one doesn't sound boring at all it sounds fine to me

ReputationRep:
    Please don't torture yourself with fad diets.

Weight loss is a game of counting or approximating your calories. Everyone needs to consume a certain amount of calories to maintain their body weight. If you consume more calories than required, you will get fat and vice versa.

If your caloric maintenance is 2500 calories, you could eat Mcdonalds, while sitting on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle all day, and not get fat. As long as you don't surpass maintenance.

I would recommend using a caloric maintenance calculator online to workout your maintenance and then lower your intake by 200 - 500 calories. Use the Myfitnesspal phone app to track your calories and you'll be well on your way.

If you notice that your weight loss has halted and you're not particularly happy with the way you look, lower your calories even further.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Find out your TDEE using an online calculator and make sure you eat less than that number every day.

Recalculate as your weight starts to drop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claros)
    Like others have said the diet posted earlier looks dangerous. It will work in the short run however unless you can maintain that sort of diet the weight is going to pile back on.

Simple things I've done is cut out junk food, added more fruit and veg to my diet and drank more water instead of snacking all the time. I go to the gym every other day and do about an hour of cardio. I've been doing this for a bit over a month and have lost over half a stone.

I think maybe the main issue is that you're wanting to lose weight too quickly. Try making simple changes to your lifestyle and lose weight gradually instead of skipping food and essentially starving yourself to lose weight. It would suck to lose a lot of weight and then seemingly undo all of your work as soon as you go back to eating normally. Losing weight gradually is more sustainable in the long run.
    Thank you for your suggestion and yh i do want to lose weight quickly (before my birthday).

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.