Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Either 148 or 158. Can't actually remember :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    IQ tests aren't a good indicator of intelligence

ReputationRep:
    Its just a stupid **** comparing competition and a money making scam for mostly insecure suckers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    Its just a stupid **** comparing competition and a money making scam for mostly insecure suckers.
    Do some guys really compare how stupid their dicks are? :teehee: That's just silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    Do some guys really compare how stupid their dicks are? :teehee: That's just silly.
    I bet my **** is more stupid than yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I bet my **** is more stupid than yours
    :eek: What?
    :gasp: You really think so?
    Well, I bet... I bet that your... shoes wouldn't... fit me. Maybe.
    :getmecoat: You've won this round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXTREMEninja)
    170, although sometimes I'm not so sure XD As someone else said, it was tested a while ago.
    Neither of the tests used currently (or as far as I've ever known) by Mensa go as high as 170.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synthesize)
    Neither of the tests used currently (or as far as I've ever known) by Mensa go as high as 170.
    It wasn't done by Mensa, rather a professor. As far as I can remember, it was called the Stanford-Binet test.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't done by Mensa, rather a professor. As far as I can remember, it was called the Stanford-Binet test.
    Yeah I think it would be. I don't know how to compare Stanford-Binet to IQ tests more commonly used in the UK, did you get told a percentile rating? That is far more relevant than any IQ figure anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it would be. I don't know how to compare Stanford-Binet to IQ tests more commonly used in the UK, did you get told a percentile rating? That is far more relevant than any IQ figure anyway.
    As in, what percentage of the population? For example, the top 5% of the population.

ReputationRep:
    No genuinely intelligent person would be remotely interested in what their IQ is, unless it was for research purposes.

ReputationRep:
    As in, what percentage of the population? For example, the top 5% of the population.
    Yeah, exactly that, but world population of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    No genuinely intelligent person would be remotely interested in what their IQ is, unless it was for research purposes.
    Does a person really need to be doing research to have an interest in intelligence theory in your mind? Does that logic not apply to everything? They must be performing research to be interested in something?

Certainly anyone stating IQ as a value without stating the test involved doesn't grasp the concept of IQ though, and would easily mislead people who don't know how IQ tests work. A 150 score in a Stanford Binet test is a lot lower than a 150 score in a Cattell test but I am intrigued where 170 lies in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Does a person really need to be doing research to have an interest in intelligence theory in your mind? Does that logic not apply to everything? They must be performing research to be interested in something?

Certainly anyone stating IQ as a value without stating the test involved doesn't grasp the concept of IQ though, and would easily mislead people who don't know how IQ tests work. A 150 score in a Stanford Binet test is a lot lower than a 150 score in a Cattell test but I am intrigued where 170 lies in comparison.
    What I meant was that bragging about having a high IQ is not a sign of intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    What I meant was that bragging about having a high IQ is not a sign of intelligence.
    Oh yeah, I concur. I take it you are interested in intelligence/IQ because you read/post in this thread though?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I concur. I take it you are interested in intelligence/IQ because you read/post in this thread though?
    No, not particularly, I'm just a compulsive poster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    Want to rep, out of reps.
    Done for you

ReputationRep:
    I would take an IQ test if there was a free one about. I'm not about to pay for it though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Done for you
    Sir... I am in your debt

ReputationRep:
    over 9000!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.