The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingStannis
wow, fantastic argument, i am convinced.

Yeah man in Libertopia the vast majority of women would be permanently unemployed, because that sounds beneficial to... Oh, absolutely ****ing nobody. Use your brain.
Reply 21
Having a big pain in your womb must be distracting. If it isn't even that then women a just moaners who moan about anything.

I do deny until good evidence can be brought up. Also evidence for your slur against men?

Yeah I'd say having what are essentially minor contractions and bleeding consistently for days is pretty uncomfortable. But we do this really amazing unheard of thing called 'getting on with it'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
Urgh, he is such a, mysogynist, patriarchal, hate-spreading, female-hating, rape-culture enfrorcing, cat-calling, rapist!

Having a big pain in your womb must be distracting. If it isn't even that then women a just moaners who moan about anything.

I do deny until good evidence can be brought up. Also evidence for your slur against men?

It is distracting but pills can be taken to relieve that and they affect women in different ways. Many manage to execute tasks to a good standard whilts on their period.

It is common knowledge. Many men admit it and to be honest, rates of employment for men:women in STEM careers prove it. Many men would get jobs over women even if the woman was more qualified. It's an obvious point that doesn't really need evidencing. You can't pluck evidence for some things, they're just obvious.
Original post by skoav
Yeah I'd say having what are essentially minor contractions and bleeding consistently for days is pretty uncomfortable. But we do this really amazing unheard of thing called 'getting on with it'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.

Men are the ones who complain about everything. Women complain about thinks that have a genuine affect.
Original post by Rosasaurr

But it's true.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Yeah man in Libertopia the vast majority of women would be permanently unemployed, because that sounds beneficial to... Oh, absolutely ****ing nobody. Use your brain.

Assuming I am correct in stating that women get pregnant, it would be beneficial to private economic agents assuming there is no great demand for labour. No it would not be beneficial to society. Oh wait, I said "purely capitalistic" Not a utopia, or a "libertopia" or whatever.

Maybe barely any was an exaggeration though, as there could be a demand for labour. But the male to female ratio would be no where near equitable.
Assuming I am correct in stating that women get pregnant, it would be beneficial to private economic agents assuming there is no great demand for labour. No it would not be beneficial to society. Oh wait, I said "purely capitalistic" Not a utopia, or a "libertopia" or whatever.

Maybe barely any was an exaggeration though, as there could be a demand for labour. But the male to female ratio would be no where near equitable.

Your statement is laughable. Even if we take it as given that women are less able workers than men, that would simply cause them to be employed for less money, rather than not being employed at all.
I can't see one reason to believe this. Ignoring any silly discussion of gender superiority, women have statistically more time off work. Furthermore, once a month women have bodily functions which interfere with their ability to work. They're physically inferior. These all make men a more effective worker. in a purely capitalistic world, very few women would be hired. Not because men are better at what we do (your points about numbers= better is correct. The evidence merely suggests more men excel at STEM subjects, not that men who do are better than women who do) but because they have a higher risk of not producing as much output of work, so according to rational choice theory, more men would be hired.

It's true that men have a biological advantage in doing work. However, you're assuming that all men and women have equal aptitude for any given job. Is that what you mean by purely capitalistic? The truth is that we as individuals perform very differently, and both genders have the potential to do equally well in whatever job they're proficient in.

While statistically, men would be more likely to excel at STEM subjects in your argument, its still very disproportionate in reality. There are plenty of women who'd make skilled contributors to technical fields, but are held back by social barriers. These includes the belief that women are naturally inclined to find less success in going into STEM, and thus they should opt for a different path.

The truth is we need to focus more on individual potential and less on gender barriers, most of which are superficial and obsolete in practice
Original post by JayJay-C19
It is distracting but pills can be taken to relieve that and they affect women in different ways. Many manage to execute tasks to a good standard whilts on their period.

It is common knowledge. Many men admit it and to be honest, rates of employment for men:women in STEM careers prove it. Many men would get jobs over women even if the woman was more qualified. It's an obvious point that doesn't really need evidencing. You can't pluck evidence for some things, they're just obvious.

So periods can't be felt with these pills? Bull****, I know several women who go through a fair amount of pain during that time, and it does affect them.

It is not common knowledge at all. Maybe many white knights "admit" it for personal reasons. general opinion is that men a the more logical gender, while women are more intuitive and emotionally intelligent. This is backed up by the accepted ways that men and women think. So, somehow, affirming the consequent (the formal logical fallacy that means when you take a conclusion which could suggest one thing but also something else, to prove one such thing) somehow "proves" your point. Lol. Just obvious indeed.
Original post by bittr n swt
But it's true.

Don't give me that face, please.
So periods can't be felt with these pills? Bull****, I know several women who go through a fair amount of pain during that time, and it does affect them.

It is not common knowledge at all. Maybe many white knights "admit" it for personal reasons. general opinion is that men a the more logical gender, while women are more intuitive and emotionally intelligent. This is backed up by the accepted ways that men and women think. So, somehow, affirming the consequent (the formal logical fallacy that means when you take a conclusion which could suggest one thing but also something else, to prove one such thing) somehow "proves" your point. Lol. Just obvious indeed.

I did not say it cannot be felt.

What is it with little keyboard warriors like you? Using a tonne of big words you probably don't even understand. You warp the points people make to suit your own arguments.

:rofl:

Yeah, men are totally more logical. No. Men think with their penises and do whatever is in THEIR best interest.

Use your brain and type instead of relying on stupid gifs

Feminists...
Yes.

Men are the ones who complain about everything. Women complain about thinks that have a genuine affect.

k.
I did not say it cannot be felt.

What is it with little keyboard warriors like you? Using a tonne of big words you probably don't even understand. You warp the points people make to suit your own arguments.

:rofl:

Yeah, men are totally more logical. No. Men think with their penises and do whatever is in THEIR best interest.

Your last paragraph is pretty stupid.
And your a male yourself ugh
Use your brain and type instead of relying on stupid gifs

Feminists...

sorry not sorry

How would it be economically beneficial to leave half the adult population without any income with which to buy goods or services and how would it be beneficial for a company to cut it's potential talent pool in half because some of them might have babies at some point? And if you live in a purely capitalist society where the demand for labour is so low that your workforce consists of half the working-age population your economy is in the ****ter anyway. You're basically talking about 50% unemployment. Does that sound like a good state of affairs for a capitalist economy?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume
Your statement is laughable. Even if we take it as given that women are less able workers than men, that would simply cause them to be employed for less money, rather than not being employed at all.

See my concession.
Your last paragraph is pretty stupid.
And your a male yourself ugh

And ashamed to be so because of modern male culture. I value and respect everyone no matter who they are but most men are only interested in the number of people they can sleep with and lad culture. It's quite frankly, embarrassing.

Latest