Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow - when I was applying for university, I never even got the necessary information to get onto UCAS at my college until around mid-October!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingKitsune)
    Wow - when I was applying for university, I never even got the necessary information to get onto UCAS at my college until around mid-October!
    I'm not at college, I've done everything myself Thought I might as well get it all out of the way haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    I'm not at college, I've done everything myself Thought I might as well get it all out of the way haha
    That's not too bad, at least you were able to do it independently. I had no choice, sadly, and I had to wait for the members of staff to sort out everything for us.

Yep, that college is too unorganised.

ReputationRep:
    I've pay/sent. But my school still has it and hasn't submitted it to UCAS, which is very VERY annoying...

ReputationRep:
    I've sent my application off, and I've gotten an interview at Manchester, and 2 acknowledgements from Leeds and Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hameedarabo)
    I've sent my application off, and I've gotten an interview at Manchester, and 2 acknowledgements from Leeds and Newcastle.
    Which course?

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone
    I've sent off my applications to Cambridge (PhysNatSci), Manchester (Maths & Phys), Glasgow (Maths & Phys with direct entry to 2nd year), Edinburgh (Maths & Phys with direct entry to 2nd year) and Bristol (Maths & Phys)

Got an offer from Glasgow yesterday AAA
    still waiting for the others, bear in mind my SAQ isnt complete yet so cambridge don't actually have my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afterallthistime)
    I've pay/sent. But my school still has it and hasn't submitted it to UCAS, which is very VERY annoying...
    I submitted to my application a week ago but it wasn't until I had told my guidance teacher/referee that she actually sent it off! She'd written everything and got my predicted grades, she just didn't seem to know I'd submitted it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hameedarabo)
    how long did manchester take to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted mine to the college more than two weeks ago and they still haven't sent it off! I think they're planning to gather all the oxbridge/medicine applications and send them off one shot. No one's has been submitted yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenladybird)
    I submitted to my application a week ago but it wasn't until I had told my guidance teacher/referee that she actually sent it off! She'd written everything and got my predicted grades, she just didn't seem to know I'd submitted it...
    Ooh yeah maybe I should try that.. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afterallthistime)
    Ooh yeah maybe I should try that.. thanks!
    No problem, it will at least give you the chance to actually see why it hasn't been sent.
    I didn't actually go and find my guidance teacher in person [she's one of the ones who is never actually around when you need help] so emailing them could be another possibility as they are more likely to do it when they see it.

ReputationRep:
    My school sent my application off on the 1st and on the same day I got an offer from York, received an acknowledgement from Queen Mary the other day but nothing from my other unis.

I have heard that Durham take ages to get back to you and I haven't taken my admissions test for Oxford yet so it's so be expected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenladybird)
    No problem, it will at least give you the chance to actually see why it hasn't been sent.
    I didn't actually go and find my guidance teacher in person [she's one of the ones who is never actually around when you need help] so emailing them could be another possibility as they are more likely to do it when they see it.
    Yeah haha I get you. Good plan! Thank you again Good luck with offers etc btw!

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to hold on the submission until mid October initially, but after having lots of people trying to convince me NOT to submit it that early, I've decided to just send it off, without a care in the world. After sending it on 30 September, I received acknowledgements from King's and UCL, only left 3 to wait.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on the 12th of September, simply because I'm into my 2nd gap year, so I'd been working on my personal statement for awhile, and didn't really have any reason to wait any longer than that.

I only applied to Northumbria, and haven't heard anything yet -- not that I'm surprised though, it's early days, I'm not expecting to hear back at all for a good while.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine yesterday! It's the weekend so I'm obviously not expecting anything yet, but hoping for some acknowledgements next week!

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off on the 30th September (so Tuesday) to MMath at Warwick, Uni of Sheffield, Uni of Leicester and Uni of York and Bsc Maths at Coventry. I got an offer back from Warwick yesterday and I've had confirmation emails from Coventry, York and Leicester, I've not heard anything back from Sheffield yet though, but I'm optimistic, it's only early days
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nope, because I'm old and full of shame.

When I did apply I had received offers by now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte Taylor)
    I sent my application off on the 30th September (so Tuesday) to MMath at Warwick, Uni of Sheffield, Uni of Leicester and Uni of York and Bsc Maths at Coventry. I got an offer back from Warwick yesterday and I've had confirmation emails from Coventry, York and Leicester, I've not heard anything back from Sheffield yet though, but I'm optimistic, it's only early days
    I've heard of several people hearing from Warwick already. Fingers crossed I hear back soon too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.