I'm lacking behind on revision *sigh* Watch

TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cherx)
Hahaha.. Lemme join the party too

I guess it's cause we have our mocks coming up. Did you revise properly for your mocks?
Nope, saw no reason to. Apart from english lang which I was unsure about what to expect in twrms of grades. I was fairly confident about the other subjects and we didn't have mocks for most subjects. Save all that revision energy fpr y12/13 you might need it.
Cherx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
Nope, saw no reason to. Apart from english lang which I was unsure about what to expect in twrms of grades. I was fairly confident about the other subjects and we didn't have mocks for most subjects. Save all that revision energy fpr y12/13 you might need it.
Wow.. I'm quite surprised. I didn't revise for my Year 10 midcourse's but I'm planning on revising thoroughly for my mocks coming up so it'll be a good indication for what I'll get for my results. Isn't the mocks important for the 6-forms as well?
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cherx)
Wow.. I'm quite surprised. I didn't revise for my Year 10 midcourse's but I'm planning on revising thoroughly for my mocks coming up so it'll be a good indication for what I'll get for my results. Isn't the mocks important for the 6-forms as well?
I don't know about you, but my sixth form had pretty low entry requirements for entry (5 a-c and Bs on subject you want to take) so that was never a problem. Also, I was waaay above this and one stray mock wouldn't have changed my predictions significantly. I did revise very weirdly for GCSEs though, just made a note of anything in the revision guide I didn't know/was likely to forget and memorised it the day before the exam in a few hours. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're certain your memory works like this though
turn-to-page394
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Larissa14)
Why do you take vitamin c pills,can't you eat more fruit?

This.
Larissa14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by turn-to-page394)
This.
I don't get what you are saying. Sarcasm
Strom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
I planned this holiday to be full of revision, notes, vigorous reading, books and exam practice. And yes, I have a work ethic.
But I have revised so little this week! It's irritating and annoying.
I'm just not the one who procrastinate, I'm the one - out of my whole class and friends- who studies and works the most.
My concentration levels and motivation levels are extremely poor and I feel so... foolish? Yes, foolish.
I have not been waking up at the correct time for me to begin my revision, have been extremely distracted by technology, and disregards work!
This is not me!
This never happens to me, especially in the holidays, I would work rigorously.
It makes no sense to me.
I'd take vitamin c and energy pills but I do not want to waste them, I'd need them later on during the year.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Especially on concentration levels (it is usually very high).
And yes, I have no examinations after the holidays, all have been complete; they will be due prior to the December holidays, 2 weeks really.
It's great that you're motivated, but I've only started light revision so I can't really relate. All I can say is that most people with lots of A*s started around the usual time of Easter, so don't panic
CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What really works for me, is rewarding myself with little treats!

So, if I get a certain amount of work done, I have a few chocolate buttons etc.

I know the feeling, but revision won't just go away!

Skips

Posted from TSR Mobile
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted on TheStudentRoom
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
I planned this holiday to be full of revision, notes, vigorous reading, books and exam practice. And yes, I have a work ethic.
But I have revised so little this week! It's irritating and annoying.
I'm just not the one who procrastinate, I'm the one - out of my whole class and friends- who studies and works the most.
My concentration levels and motivation levels are extremely poor and I feel so... foolish? Yes, foolish.
I have not been waking up at the correct time for me to begin my revision, have been extremely distracted by technology, and disregards work!
This is not me!
This never happens to me, especially in the holidays, I would work rigorously.
It makes no sense to me.
I'd take vitamin c and energy pills but I do not want to waste them, I'd need them later on during the year.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Especially on concentration levels (it is usually very high).
And yes, I have no examinations after the holidays, all have been complete; they will be due prior to the December holidays, 2 weeks really.
Get off the internet, remove all distractions, sit somewhere quiet and get stuck in.
Grade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hate it when people say, guys relax it's too early to revise now.

Who says were revising for the real exams?
Err Mocks?
CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
True^^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads