Leeds Dentistry 2015 Applications Watch

karrar247
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope everyone found it ok! I felt like it was all a blur. I honestly don't know if I've done good or bad lol :P
karrar247
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yo guys I'm going to call Leeds today to find out how many dentistry applicants there are this year. I'll inform everyone when I get a response.
EDIT:
I was told there was no one from admission there, so she couldn't find out the information. She also told me to call back next week perhaps......awkward.....
ijc1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by karrar247)
Yo guys I'm going to call Leeds today to find out how many dentistry applicants there are this year. I'll inform everyone when I get a response.
EDIT:
I was told there was no one from admission there, so she couldn't find out the information. She also told me to call back next week perhaps......awkward.....
Hey have you heard back yet??

Lol I hope fewer people applied cause of the BMAT thing, but more people may have applied due to the lower UKCAT scores :
haha I'm so nervous for the BMAT results though, I know they don't use it for selection but still, don't want to get a really low score. haha
karrar247
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IqraJRC)
Hey have you heard back yet??

Lol I hope fewer people applied cause of the BMAT thing, but more people may have applied due to the lower UKCAT scores :
haha I'm so nervous for the BMAT results though, I know they don't use it for selection but still, don't want to get a really low score. haha
I'm going to call tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a reply this time lol :P
Asfoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I phoned leeds admission earlier and this year they recieved about 600 applicants. I think the BMAT has deterred applicants from applying then, which I don't understand why seeing as it technically has no weighting due to it being a trial year. Not complaining though . We should hear from them near the end of November.
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Asfoi)
I phoned leeds admission earlier and this year they recieved about 600 applicants. I think the BMAT has deterred applicants from applying then, which I don't understand why seeing as it technically has no weighting due to it being a trial year. Not complaining though . We should hear from them near the end of November.
omg I hope this is true haha :P looool

yeh but some people didn't know it had no weighing and I know some people who didn't apply cause they were like, why would leeds make us do the BMAT and not use it, lol leeds only use the BMAT after selection for interview then they look at BMAT scores, if you got a low BMAT is doesn't matter, if you got a high BMAT but didn't get an interview, they will look at your application again and give you an interview.

but that has made me a happy person!!
amar96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
omg I hope this is true haha :P looool

yeh but some people didn't know it had no weighing and I know some people who didn't apply cause they were like, why would leeds make us do the BMAT and not use it, lol leeds only use the BMAT after selection for interview then they look at BMAT scores, if you got a low BMAT is doesn't matter, if you got a high BMAT but didn't get an interview, they will look at your application again and give you an interview.

but that has made me a happy person!!
Do you know how many applicant they had last year? also how many offers they give?
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amar96)
Do you know how many applicant they had last year? also how many offers they give?
im sure it was 3000+ and that they interviewed fewer people around 250 and gave around 140 offers. Apparently they gave fewer interviews than the year before (gave fewer interviews for 2014 entry than 2013 entry) because too many people firmed them or something in 2013 so they reduced it.

hope I helped,
amar96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
im sure it was 3000+ and that they interviewed fewer people around 250 and gave around 140 offers. Apparently they gave fewer interviews than the year before (gave fewer interviews for 2014 entry than 2013 entry) because too many people firmed them or something in 2013 so they reduced it.

hope I helped,
Whoh that is a massive decrease 😵...hopefully give us a better chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im sure it was 2500+ and that they interviewed fewer people around 250 and gave around 140 offers. Apparently they gave fewer interviews than the year before (gave fewer interviews for 2014 entry than 2013 entry) because too many people firmed them or something in 2013 so they reduced it.

hope I helped,
in an e-mail they sent out to those rejected, they said the applicant to offer ratio was 20:1
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amar96)
Whoh that is a massive decrease ������...hopefully give us a better chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
just had a look on the threat last year, applicant number was 2500+ and applicant to offer ration was 20:1
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll ring them up tomorrow as well, just to make sure
karrar247
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At the open day I was informed Leeds received 1300-1400 applications in 2013. 600 is a massive drop for this year wow.
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At the open day I was informed Leeds received 1300-1400 applications in 2013. 600 is a massive drop for this year wow.
yeh whatever it was last year, it is still a massive drop, even from 1000 it is a huge drop, so just hope we stand a better chance now
farmy93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have any graduates applied for Leeds Dentistry this year? Felt so old at the Open Day!
Asfoi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll ring them up tomorrow as well, just to make sure
Yeah she said about 600 so from like 1300 thats a huge drop. Yeah just ask to speak to the admissions officer and she will tell you.
karrar247
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeh whatever it was last year, it is still a massive drop, even from 1000 it is a huge drop, so just hope we stand a better chance now
yeah exactly. Good luck with your application, I'm sure we can do it
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Asfoi)
Yeah she said about 600 so from like 1300 thats a huge drop. Yeah just ask to speak to the admissions officer and she will tell you.
ok ill do that thanks!
ijc1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes we can , good luck to you too! yh thinking positive!!
Peanut247
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where did you get 600 from?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.44%
No - but I will (63)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise