Tories are considering reducing ESA disability benefit by 30% Watch

Poll: Should disabled people bare more austerity?
Yes (13)
30.23%
No (30)
69.77%
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
ESA is primarily a benefit for incapacity or sickness, not for disability.Calling it a "disability benefit" is just inaccurate.
Well people with serious disabilities are on it. I suppose we should rename disabled people to people who don't exist because the Tories are pretending no one is disabled. Ta Dah!
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
Oh your so right mature student. Those people who have real conditions. They have the audacity to claim benefits which they are entitled too! Disgusting!
I don't mind the state supporting those that really need it. But there's quite a few playing the system that need weeding out
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
If someone criticizes the Tory government, good for them, there is a lot to criticize, and that is a basic right. However, the alarming regularity and, dare I say, obsession, shown by OP suggests that he has gone one step beyond just criticism, and whilst I was joking slightly when suggesting he was being paid, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.
I am paid dividends in morality when I fight for the disadvantaged. The spiritual reward is great.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If someone criticizes the Tory their government, good for them, there is a lot to criticize, and that is a basic right. However, the alarming regularity and, dare I say, obsession, shown by OP suggests that he has gone one step beyond just criticism, and whilst I was joking slightly when suggesting he was being paid, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrotgrot)
Yes he does. Every pound he earns in profits is something you earned for him thanks to the leverage he has over you in the market and the coercion inherent in needing a job to afford to live.

Unless you're in management, in which case your inflow from the owner would be countered by an outflow to the workers. But even though you are liable to the people under you, such is the concentration of wealth at the top that you would probably end up with more money from this redistribution.

And that's the tragedy, the middle classes actually believe the delusion that they're just a whisker away from breaking into the big leagues. They'd gain a lot more by standing with the working classes, whom they in fact most resemble. We are spiralling towards a two-tier society and the middle classes are going to have to wake up pretty soon.

Working in such exploitative low-skilled jobs as you just mentioned is the most common working experience of the people of this country, so don't you dare disparage it like it doesn't matter.

If basic living costs were covered by a citizen's income, as prescribed by such rabid left-wingers as Friedman and Hayek, the element of coercion would be removed, and employees would be paid the true value of their labour. The difference is what is currently being stolen from you.
Shame you didn't get a reply. I think you made him use his brain. He maybe ran off back to Tory head office for more Parrot lines.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well people with serious disabilities are on it. I suppose we should rename disabled people to people who don't exist because the Tories are pretending no one is disabled. Ta Dah!
People with serious disabilities are on it.

People with not so serious disabilities are on it as well.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
I don't mind the state supporting those that really need it. But there's quite a few playing the system that need weeding out
Like who?

Maybe you should form a new company that investigates fraud on behalf of the DWP. You could be paid on every fraudster you bring in.

I can see it now. Smashing down peoples doors and forcing them to write confession letters. Lols.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
People with serious disabilities are on it.

People with not so serious disabilities are on it as well.
Name some.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Name some.
My cousin for one. A woman who if she dropped a few stone in weight would see most of her health alleged health problems would clear up.

We've used sickness and disability benefits far too liberally in the past to lower unemployment numbers.
Wissenschaft
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My cousin for one. A woman who if she dropped a few stone in weight would see most of her health alleged health problems would clear up.

We've used sickness and disability benefits far too liberally in the past to lower unemployment numbers.
Being fat "may amount to a disability", the European Union's most senior legal adviser warns employers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-legal-adviser.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
If someone criticizes the Tory government, good for them, there is a lot to criticize, and that is a basic right.
It sure is but David Cameron compared 9/11 conspiracy theorists as the same as ISIS terrorists. And soon there will be a bill to ban free speech.

illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?

Well that is just common sense. But what about all that corn syrup being put in low priced economy foods? There are a lot of average sized people getting diabetes now. Maybe you should just tell them to loose weight? HaHa!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well that is just common sense. But what about all that corn syrup being put in low priced economy foods? There are a lot of average sized people getting diabetes now. Maybe you should just tell them to loose weight? HaHa!
Or you tell them to eat more healthily rather than buying cheap crap?
To cook for themselves rather than being lazy so and sos?

Posted from TSR Mobile
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Or you tell them to eat more healthily rather than buying cheap crap?
To cook for themselves rather than being lazy so and sos?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure okay.

Tory: Oi Bob you Scrounger stop eating Tesco Value Baked Beans!

Bob: They only give us Tinned & Boxed food at the Food Bank.

Tory: People on Benefits should not be allowed to use Food Banks!

Bob: My housing Benefit does not cover my Rent so I have to use money from my Job Seekers Allowance.

Tory: Your suppose to be using Job Seekers Allowance for Vegetables & Fruit.

Bob: If I do what you say I will become homeless.

Tory: We are introducing Prepayment cards so money is spent where we deem fit.

Bob: I became homeless and I don't have a Prepayment card now because you need an address to claim Job Seekers Allowance.

Tory: Feeding homeless people should be made illegal!

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...l-soup-run-ban

Bob: I now have Meningitis and I feel so ill.

Tory: We will now give NHS contracts to private companies.

Bob: There are no NHS hospitals what am I going to do!
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wissenschaft)
Being fat "may amount to a disability", the European Union's most senior legal adviser warns employers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-legal-adviser.
So a self inflicted condition brought on by a lack of self discipline results in other people having to pay for that person to be kept.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sure okay.

Tory: Oi Bob you Scrounger stop eating Tesco Value Baked Beans!

Bob: They only give us Tinned & Boxed food at the Food Bank.

Tory: People on Benefits should not be allowed to use Food Banks!

Bob: My housing Benefit does not cover my Rent so I have to use money from my Job Seekers Allowance.

Tory: Your suppose to be using Job Seekers Allowance for Vegetables & Fruit.

Bob: If I do what you say I will become homeless.

Tory: We are introducing Prepayment cards so money is spent where we deem fit.

Bob: I became homeless and I don't have a Prepayment card now because you need an address to claim Job Seekers Allowance.

Tory: Feeding homeless people should be made illegal!

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...l-soup-run-ban

Bob: I now have Meningitis and I feel so ill.

Tory: We will now give NHS contracts to private companies.

Bob: There are no NHS hospitals what am I going to do!
Ok, now give me an actual response rather than "I will think of some drivel off the top of my head that loosely ties in to some things that may or may not have been said"
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Ok, now give me an actual response rather than "I will think of some drivel off the top of my head that loosely ties in to some things that may or may not have been said"
Sure alright. I have a mission for you. You have £10. Use ASDA and make a meal plan for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for MON,TUE.WED.THURS.FRI,SAT,SUNDAY .

And your not allowed to use anything with Glucotose-Fructose syrup in. (Corn syrup)l. Off you go.

If your able to make do on as little as £1.42 a day I will shut up on this thread. Note: All daily meals must be something which has the recommend calories per day for either man or women.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sure alright. I have a mission for you. You have £10. Use ASDA and make a meal plan for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for MON,TUE.WED.THURS.FRI,SAT,SUNDAY .

And your not allowed to use anything with Glucotose-Fructose syrup in. (Corn syrup)l. Off you go.
And how about you go do the same with [insert another arbitrary amount]?
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And how about you go do the same with [insert another arbitrary amount]?
Illegal to be poor likes to pull out arbitrary numbers that don't reflect reality.
Wissenschaft
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So a self inflicted condition brought on by a lack of self discipline results in other people having to pay for that person to be kept.
Pretty much. I'm pro EU; but some of their human rights courts ('right to be forgotten' and all that) seem to be driven by idealists out of touch with reality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads