When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
The sooner the better. He has all the arrogance of Mourinho and none of the squad or managerial ability.
He does have arrogance in him which annoys me, he's incredibly stubborn with his starting line ups and making late subs. His naivety is being massively exposed here (tbf on him, he's a young manager and still learning)

He has to put his hands up and say he's got it wrong but in his post match interviews he never gives that impression.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's done a better job of replacing his wife than Suarez.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
So glad Baron Brenda and Fraudpool have been found out. Let's be honest, had Chelsea got a striker, we'd not bottled, or Utd had played properly then they would not even be in the top four.
Why do people make statements like this, it's legitimately retarded.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samir12)
He does have arrogance in him which annoys me, he's incredibly stubborn with his starting line ups and making late subs. His naivety is being massively exposed here (tbf on him, he's a young manager and still learning)

He has to put his hands up and say he's got it wrong but in his post match interviews he never gives that impression.
He is the kind of person to shift the blame on someone else whenever things go wrong, and the only manager I can honestly say has that right is Garry Monk (or maybe Harry Redknapp). I don't buy his age as an excuse, he just has an abrasive and narcissistic personality, and Suarez covered over the cracks. Suarez was an alright guy who had moments of madness, yet people saw his effort week in, week out, and praised Brendan Rodgers for amazing 'man management'. I remember when people were saying Rodgers was the perfect man for Balotelli because he would 'sort him out'.
lankyryan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To those Liverpool 'fans' who want Rodgers gone, who do you think would come in if we got rid of a manager 10 games into a season where we are above our 2 biggest rivals, 3 points off Arsenal and Man City and after finishing 2nd in the League? Klopp, Pep, Ancelotti won't come. After last season Rodgers deserves until the end of this season, and I think we'll win the League Cup, I would only question Rodgers if we finished below 6th this season, and that will not happen
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cracking thread SR90.

I think big big questions have to be asked. It's a case of if I'm a Liverpool fan "What are my expectations?". How can it possibly be good enough to have a brilliant season last year, nearly win the Premiership, then spend 116M and finish 7th or 8th? If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be looking for minimum top two again, and a trophy as well. Anything else just isn't ambitious enough. For such a famous club, last season can't be a "one off", it surely has to be "the norm"?

Now Brendan couldn't do anything about Suarez going, nor could he doing anything about the Sturridge injury, but Liverpool fans...where are your balls? It's been pathetic. 116M spent in Summer, and on who? Lallana for 25M? He's a top 10 player at best, and he's never going to be the new Gerrard. There is a reason Mario Balotelli moves club so often, and Can and Markovic....#wasteofmoney

It's a small club with a small club mentality. I'm absolutely horrified at my own clubs league position, but Liverpool are a side that were genuinely world class last season, so to be performing as they are, I'd want Rodgers out unless you were top 2 by Christmas. Anything else just isn't ambitious enough.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He is the kind of person to shift the blame on someone else whenever things go wrong, and the only manager I can honestly say has that right is Garry Monk (or maybe Harry Redknapp). I don't buy his age as an excuse, he just has an abrasive and narcissistic personality, and Suarez covered over the cracks. Suarez was an alright guy who had moments of madness, yet people saw his effort week in, week out, and praised Brendan Rodgers for amazing 'man management'. I remember when people were saying Rodgers was the perfect man for Balotelli because he would 'sort him out'.
Rodgers man management was good though tbf, it wasn't just Suarez, players like Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge all upped their game last season. The inability to replace Suarez and provide backup to Sturridge as well as the extra CL games hit him hard and he is crumbling under the pressure as a result.

Remember that Rodgers had Suarez in his first season and still finished mid table, Kenny had Suarez and still finished mid table, same with Hodgson. It was only until Rodgers signed Coutinho and Sturridge and played a system that suited all the players that the Liverpool team clicked and when HAM last season. That was why Rodgers got a lot of praise because he made the best out of Suarez and the other players that previous managers failed to do.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
So glad Baron Brenda and Fraudpool have been found out. Let's be honest, had Chelsea got a striker, we'd not bottled, or Utd had played properly then they would not even be in the top four.
Arsenal and Chelsea finished in the top four anyway, so i'm not sure what you're trying to suggest here.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd give him till the end of the season at least. Realistically they'd attract nobody better, and he does deserve time. If things still look like this in feb/march, then I'd begin looking for his end of season replacement.

It's more important for them to keep Sturridge and Sterling around than to change manager.
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only real difference between Liverpool and Spurs is the size of the delusions.
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samba)
I'd give him till the end of the season at least. Realistically they'd attract nobody better, and he does deserve time.
2 and a bit years not enough time for you?
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eboracum)
2 and a bit years not enough time for you?
*time based on the achievements of last season.
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Arsenal and Chelsea finished in the top four anyway, so i'm not sure what you're trying to suggest here.
If the potatoes had spent wisely they'd have got their ahead of the Scousers.

What was I trying to say was that the Mickey Mousers wouldn't have been title challengers or in the top four.
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait - why can't they now? Henderson and Coutinho are still there. They have only lost one striker that they didn't have at the start of last season, hardly a complete shift.
Because they're playing 3 games a week
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?

Moyes gets slaughtered for signing Fellaini, but look at all the ****e this guy has brought in.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, only Coutinho and Sturridge are genuine successes out of that lot.
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Horrible ugly little man. Hits the big league and big money so he ditches the Wife for a younger version, loses some weight and gets his teeth done. Tells you everything about him.

Rafa would have killed it with that cash.
darzenalblex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
he should have won the league, but then if they finish below top four, he may be given one more season, if not, he's out. And given how football is now with money, I don't think that's unreasonable. This "given him time" thing belonged to a different era.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bubzeh)
Rafa would have killed it with that cash.
Rafa made some good signings but he didn't half sign some duds as well. Babel, Dossena, Keane, Pennant, Voronin and the hordes of mediocre Spanish players. Not to mention trying to sell Alonso to Arsenal and replace him with Gareth Barry.
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Rafa made some good signings but he didn't half sign some duds as well. Babel, Dossena, Keane, Pennant, Voronin and the hordes of mediocre Spanish players. Not to mention trying to sell Alonso to Arsenal and replace him with Gareth Barry.
Good signings? You mean world class signings surely. The positives far outweigh the negatives, especially considering most of the bad ones were free (The Voronins, Jovanovic's, Bolo Zenden (Champions League final tbf), the squad players that Brendan has the cash to spend on now). He has 20 million pound defenders sitting on the bench. Same with the midfielders. Liverpool never had that back in the day.

Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid

Lucas Leiva
J. Spearing
A. Dossena
Diego Cavalieri
S. Hyypiä
D. N'Gog
M. Kelly

The Liverpool bench during that game.

Adam Lallana's tranfers fee far outweighs all of those lot. Not sure if Can's does. Not sure if Markovic's does. Balotelli's is close. You get the picture.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise