ISLAM: Now that I have your attention, the No More Page 3 campaign... Watch

KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by syrettd)
Can't believe you took my thread title suggestion on board :lol: I'm so proud!
It seemed to work!
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
The same argument can be made of genitals though, so it's a rather weak one.
I don't think so, because the single reason why breasts are considered sexual is because men find them attractive. Genitals however are actually sex organs, so they're sexual whether people are titillated by them or not.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingBradly)
I don't think so, because the single reason why breasts are considered sexual is because men find them attractive. Genitals however are actually sex organs, so they're sexual whether people are titillated by them or not.
And have you ever done any reading into why that is? There's a little bit more to them than "they're sexual because we say they are".
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
And have you ever done any reading into why that is? There's a little bit more to them than "they're sexual because we say they are".
Well, there are certainly biological reasons why men find them attractive. But that doesn't subvert my point. There are biological reasons why men find wide hips and thin waists attractive, but because women don't always wear shapeless clothes in our society, and we are used to seeing women wearing tight jeans and tops, or even bikinis, we don't consider the hips or waist to be sexually explicit to the same extent as we do breasts.
parentlurker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingBradly)
Is she? Can you explain how? I doubt it because the term 'objectified' in this context is meaningless anyway. I explained why this is in a previous post:
You have already explained it quite clearly in your post - you aren't in the slightest interested in the woman, only in being turned on. So you may as well have sex with a blow up doll, and probably do - or with a man, as you appreciate male bodies.

The Sun has predominantly male readers, it will give them naked male bodies when it realises they'd be just as happy with those.

And low though the reading age of the sun is it hasn't yet sunk to 4 or 5, an age when many children are still on quite short words as any parent could tell you. The averge reading age in the UK is apparently just 9 and the reading age of the Sun is 8 - so half the population are able to read it. http://www.see-a-voice.org/marketing...n/readability/

Any further comments will be ignored.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed