Who are you voting for next year? Watch

Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tamora)
I'm not suggesting, I'm saying the coalition is not addressing Labour's horrendous public spending, far from it.
Which is why public spending as a percentage of GDP is going down by a few percent per year?
Which is why spending has been consistent/going down during this government in real terms?
Which doesn't change that you're claim was VERY VERY far from correct.
jelaniye
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Labour. Conservatives? Excuse me, wait did I see someone say improvement due to conservatives? Did you not witness the Scotland issue? The NHS? Education? Having said that, I've noticed that history repeats itself, labour fixes everything, concervatives come and destroy it people go mad and Labour comes back again and everything is jolly good. This is probably a way of profiting from us, something that we aren't aware of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nobody. I turn 18 a few months after the election
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely UKIP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most likely Labour. The Tories will destroy the NHS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilacunicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely NOT labour. Still have a whole year to get through before I can vote

Posted from TSR Mobile
JPBScotland
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably SNP.

I don't particularly trust or align with any of the big 3 UK parties, especially with Labour after the referendum, and the SNP are the only party I really trust in the slightest and I hope they managed to largely displace a lot of our Labour MP's who still don't seem to realise how much trouble they're in up here.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EllieC130)
Or if you can't vote, who would you vote for?

I'm asking because I personally have no idea who to vote for. For a while I've said I won't vote because all of the parties seem to be lost causes and will screw up the country one way or another. But of late, I've been feeling more and more like I have a responsibility to. However the only one I can see myself voting for is UKIP because they've never been in power before and may as well give them a chance if I have to vote for someone.

So who are you voting for and why?
That's possibly the worst reason to vote for somebody.

I'll be voting Tory again.

What are your political beliefs?

(Original post by Tamora)
I'm not suggesting, I'm saying the coalition is not addressing Labour's horrendous public spending, far from it.
The coalition has never pledged to cut spending (you can't really since tax revenue increases as the economy grows), it is cutting borrowing. The fiscal deficit has fallen from ~11% to ~5%. Debt is still rising because we still have a fiscal deficit, that would not be different under any government.

I'm really not sure where people get the idea that we can wipe out an 11% deficit from without screwing the economy (i.e. look how low demand is in EU states that have cut much deeper).
EllieC130
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
That's possibly the worst reason to vote for somebody.

I'll be voting Tory again.

What are your political beliefs?

The coalition has never pledged to cut spending (you can't really since tax revenue increases as the economy grows), it is cutting borrowing. The fiscal deficit has fallen from ~11% to ~5%. Debt is still rising because we still have a fiscal deficit, that would not be different under any government.

I'm really not sure where people get the idea that we can wipe out an 11% deficit from without screwing the economy (i.e. look how low demand is in EU states that have cut much deeper).
Honestly, I don't really have any. I don't know much about politics. It's hard to get behind a party when you know you're running the large risk of them following through with few or none of the policies you voted them in for in the first place.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Labour

Posted from TSR Mobile
anunoriginaluser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been Lib Dem, but I'm leaning Conservative recently since they're actually fixing the economy. Most of the hate seems unfounded to be honest.

I'd also take the rants against them 10x more seriously if I didn't keep seeing the people posing them talking as if the democracy is a huge conspiracy.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EllieC130)
Honestly, I don't really have any. I don't know much about politics. It's hard to get behind a party when you know you're running the large risk of them following through with few or none of the policies you voted them in for in the first place.
Well, your principles. Not so, even the Libs got 70% of their manifesto passed. The problem is idiots voting for a single issue.

Do you believe that the government spends too much or not enough?

Do you believe that government should set prices or the market?

Do you believe that government should subsidise industries or that business should swim or sink of their own accord.

I produce a bicycle which costs £100 to build and is sold for £200 but it took me ten hours to make, the cost of my wages was £50 (£5 per hour, 50% of the cost to build). Is my employer right to pay me £5 per hour or given the product is being sold for £200, should my wage reflect the proportion of the value my labour added which at 50% means i'd be paid £100 but profits would be halved.

Those are just a few economic questions.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
UKIP.

Come at me.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AdamCee)
UKIP.

Come at me.
Why?
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why?
I'm not I can't legally vote anyway I steer away from politics as much as possible as it's not like I have any decision in it.

Wanted to provoke all the anti-UKIP people...
suirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not I can't legally vote anyway I steer away from politics as much as possible as it's not like I have any decision in it.

Wanted to provoke all the anti-UKIP people...
Golly, you're so edgy! You're making me quiver in my boots! Oh, mummy dear, pass me my main party!

Grow up.
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by suirrel)
Golly, you're so edgy! You're making me quiver in my boots! Oh, mummy dear, pass me my main party!

Grow up.
Baha oh aren't you the intimating one, I'm definitely going to take your advice

I made a post on a forum to see people's reactions. Get over it.
suirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Baha oh aren't you the intimating one, I'm definitely going to take your advice

I made a post on a forum to see people's reactions. Get over it.
intimating
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by suirrel)
intimating
What? I'm not the one throwing some failed sarcastic attempts of humour around while trying to "intimidate" me, if these posts get to you so much you need to lighten up a little

EDIT: Ooohhhh you're pointing out a typo I made, wow and you told me to grow up I remember correcting my friend's spelling while losing an argument when I was 13.
EllieC130
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Well, your principles. Not so, even the Libs got 70% of their manifesto passed. The problem is idiots voting for a single issue.

Do you believe that the government spends too much or not enough?
Well, that's a rather broad question and I don't really know how much they spend to begin with.
Do you believe that government should set prices or the market?
No because it's none of their business. Well not really. If things cost the wrong place the establishment running them will likely soon fail.

Do you believe that government should subsidise industries or that business should swim or sink of their own accord.
I don't know what this question means.
I produce a bicycle which costs £100 to build and is sold for £200 but it took me ten hours to make, the cost of my wages was £50 (£5 per hour, 50% of the cost to build). Is my employer right to pay me £5 per hour or given the product is being sold for £200, should my wage reflect the proportion of the value my labour added which at 50% means i'd be paid £100 but profits would be halved.
That one would take some mulling over and in my opinion depends on certain variables. But on the basic info you've given me, I'd say £5 and hour is technically right, but around £7.50 is fairer, speaking hypothetically of course.

Those are just a few economic questions.
As you can see, I'm not really politically savvy even slightly; everyone just keeps telling me it's not a good idea for me not to vote. But in my opinion there's no point in someone like me voting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed