The Student Room Group

A level maths self study

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I would like to do AS in September/October when is any possible term, I think I won't be ready in June. I would like Just know that in AS I have to do 3 modules and in A2 again the same modules from AS + 3 new one or Just 3 new.
Reply 21
Original post by arrow89
I would like to do AS in September/October when is any possible term, I think I won't be ready in June. I would like Just know that in AS I have to do 3 modules and in A2 again the same modules from AS + 3 new one or Just 3 new.

Not quite sure what you mean.

You can only sit the exams in June, so if you don't need the AS qualification you can take as few exams as you want in June 2015 and the remaining modules in June 2016.

You don't need to repeat any modules - if you sat C1, C2 and S1 next June then you would only need to sit C3, C4 and D1 (or M1) in June 2016 :smile:
Reply 22
Thanks a lot I wrong understood information in edexcel website. When I will applying to Uni in October I have to give it to Uni my grade from AS?
Reply 23
Original post by arrow89
Thanks a lot I wrong understood information in edexcel website. When I will applying to Uni in October I have to give it to Uni my grade from AS?

Most applicants to uni in the UK will take 3 (or 4) AS subjects in their first year of sixth form and will put the grades for these exams on their university application.

I'm not sure what you need to supply if you are doing just one A level plus an Access to HE course.

Perhaps you should post a question or two in the TSR forums for the universities to which you are applying, and someone who is more familiar with the admissions process for that uni can give you more advice :smile:
Reply 24
Thanks Yo very much for your help Davos. YESTURDAY I had a Day off and checking This FP1&C1 module and found This very easy so now wondering to do Further maths, maths and Economics (do not require course work, Just exam) insted of acces to he+a level maths
Reply 25
Access to HE + A level Maths will definitely not get you into any of the uni's you listed beforehand.
Reply 26
Mix of dose qualification is accepteble in unis I have written. But in the same time I understend that their preferences is classic a levels, and as I writed half and hour ago I think I will do 3 a levels instead of acces+maths becouse I didnt found nothing extraordinary/hard in further maths and maths

Quick Reply