M289 - Motion on the Reconsideration of the Devon Beaver Capture Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
I hadn't even heard of this until now. It doesn't bother me either way. Seems like a load of rubbish and pointless drivel legislation to save some beavers; as i said before it is a waste of time.
But that's the point. :confused: This Motion intends to stop wasting time and money.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Well yeah, but we are involved, because of the legal action. Those stool sample tests are a lot cheaper than a legal battle and then, in the unlikely event that Defra win, capturing the beavers (and risking their deaths) and finding a home for them (if they don't drown whilst trapped).

Just doing the tests and, as it's highly likely that there's nothing wrong with the beavers, just allowing them to remain where they are, is cheaper, would enhance their local environment, delight the locals and draw wildlife enthusiasts to the area, which is good for the local economy. The beaver family in Scotland has been an outstanding success .
I know you have gone into a lot of effort with this bill, and it really shows, but i still won't vote Aye. I just see it as unnecessary.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
But that's the point. :confused: This Motion intends to stop wasting time and money.
I don't agree with what you are trying to do. Just let them get on with it.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know you have gone into a lot of effort with this bill, and it really shows, but i still won't vote Aye. I just see it as unnecessary.
That's fair enough. Everyone has to cast their votes according to what they think is right. And thanks for the compliment .
Saracen's Fez
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye.
The Legal Eagle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye!
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
It's Devon so no point in doing anything, it's a dreadful county
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This isn't a bill and this isn't legislation. Im pedantic about this sort of stuff.

Aye to this though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Superunknown17)
This isn't a bill and this isn't legislation. Im pedantic about this sort of stuff.

Aye to this though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always use the terms loosely.
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I honestly couldn't be less interested so will probably abstain.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye
GoldenEmblem277
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye! Save the beaver! :d
toronto353
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Division! Clear the Lobbies!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads