Uni of Manchester Physics- what's it like? Watch

bobbricks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why is it that the graduate prospects are not that high in the rankings?
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...26%20Astronomy

Also, what's the workload like (i.e. is it extremely high or 'moderate' so you have more than enough time to enjoy yourself by watching movies, playing games etc)?
BP_Tranquility
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,
Quick question but what is the day to day timetable like for a physics applicants (and what are the earliest starts/latest finishes)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TIF141
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiii, what's it like being in a city like Manchester? My current top choices are in pretty small places (e.g. Warwick, Durham) and I'm from a pretty rural area in Norfolk, so I initially ruled out somewhere like Manchester because it's a pretty big place! But the physics course looks really good, sooo... Any thoughts?
BP_Tranquility
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by TIF141)
Hiii, what's it like being in a city like Manchester? My current top choices are in pretty small places (e.g. Warwick, Durham) and I'm from a pretty rural area in Norfolk, so I initially ruled out somewhere like Manchester because it's a pretty big place! But the physics course looks really good, sooo... Any thoughts?
Hi there! Manchester is AWESOME, I love it- can't wait to go back! The lecturers are cool and laid back, and of course there's good ones and less good ones, but I've not had any in my first year who were awful...

Some of the courses can be quite challenging but the lecturers are usually available to email or you can just knock on their door in the uni, but I usually get help from other students. Regarding halls, the best one is Victoria Park is Hulme Hall (they have their own bar, own gym which is incredibly cheap, squash court, multi purpose court and is catered), while the most notorious halls in Fallowfield is Owens Park...It's all personal choice, but fallowfield tends to have a more vibrant partying scene, while Victoria Park work hard, play hard.

If you have any other questions, let me know!
thatsleepyguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I hold an unconditionnal offer for physics with theoretical physics starting in about two weeks (*small victory dance*), and i just noticed the
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads