This discussion is closed.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
The problem is that Ebola's one of the most infectious things on the planet. It could be brought back by doctors/nurses helping in Africa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ebola really is not that infectious in comparison to most viruses and even if it were brought into the UK, existing provision is more than capable with dealing with it.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
Ebola really is not that infectious in comparison to most viruses and even if it were brought into the UK, existing provision is more than capable with dealing with it.
I'm not sure. I'd prefer to have extra provisions.
sdotd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the intention is good but is a little too extreme
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ebola has been active for 40 years. It has only just made headline news after years of subliminal programming where it has appeared in the Simpsons and box set Dramas.

If it is so contagious the majority of people would be dead by now considering the amount of trade & continental travel we have. The Great Plague took only a few years to reach the UK. This is when everything was done by Horses & Ships.

What I find strange is that the areas where the red cross have been spreading their vaccines are the areas where Ebola has hit the hardest. The other thing I find strange is when the cure for HIV was found out popped Ebola in Africa.
Then there is the whole crisis actor duping delight in USA media whipping the USA into frenzy.

InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay.

And who is this Queen person you keep referring to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure. I'd prefer to have extra provisions.
Are you basing that on evidence or on fear? If we want to take an evidence-based approach, we take the fight to where Ebola actually is a problem to prevent it from getting here (and killing people there) in the first place.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you basing that on evidence or on fear? If we want to take an evidence-based approach, we take the fight to where Ebola actually is a problem to prevent it from getting here (and killing people there) in the first place.
Logically, to prevent it from getting here we should not let anyone from the hotspots enter the country. However, I am a big believer in helping others while looking after ourselves. Personally, I would prefer it if we just set up a minimum quarantine period before people were allowed to leave the hotspots.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Logically, to prevent it from getting here we should not let anyone from the hotspots enter the country. However, I am a big believer in helping others while looking after ourselves. Personally, I would prefer it if we just set up a minimum quarantine period before people were allowed to leave the hotspots.
No, that's not logic at all. That's completely unreasonable and fear-mongering.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, that's not logic at all. That's completely unreasonable and fear-mongering.
But yeah, that's not what I'm arguing for is it?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But yeah, that's not what I'm arguing for is it?
You're the one calling it logical!
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
What I find strange is that the areas where the red cross have been spreading their vaccines are the areas where Ebola has hit the hardest. The other thing I find strange is when the cure for HIV was found out popped Ebola in Africa.
Then there is the whole crisis actor duping delight in USA media whipping the USA into frenzy.
The Ebola vaccine hasn't been released yet so I don't really understand where you're getting this information from.
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're the one calling it logical!
Logical doesn't mean morally right, or the necessary course of action.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Logical doesn't mean morally right, or the necessary course of action.
No, but logical implies you think it makes sense. Banning anyone from entering the country from a group of countries of which the proportion of people infected is lower than 0.0001 doesn't make a lot of sense.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, but logical implies you think it makes sense. Banning anyone from entering the country from a group of countries of which the proportion of people infected is lower than 0.0001 doesn't make a lot of sense.
No I was meaning from the highly infected areas.
Saracen's Fez
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not convinced my department can justify an increase in funding whilst the risk to Britain is still so low.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Ebola vaccine hasn't been released yet so I don't really understand where you're getting this information from.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ebola-cause...eories-1469896
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are believing the baseless and easily explainable account of a random Ghanaian man over common sense, reason, the global scientific community and every professional health expert on the planet? It's pretty pathetic that I need to explain this to you, but I'll do so anyway. Ebola has an incubation period. There are not any particularly good healthcare facilities over there and the few people that have gone over to help are already massively overburdened. If they try to treat someone who is showing possibly symptoms of Ebola, there is a chance that treatment won't work. If you are absolutely determined to prove that there's a conspiracy, you can twist the facts and ignore the vast body of evidence that clearly shows that the Red Cross is doing excellent work to get rid of this horrible pandemic.

There are some conspiracy theories that might have an inkling of truth in them but this is not one of them. To claim that Ebola is man made, never mind that the Red Cross is causing it is just plain stupid.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are believing the baseless and easily explainable account of a random Ghanaian man over common sense, reason, the global scientific community and every professional health expert on the planet? It's pretty pathetic that I need to explain this to you, but I'll do so anyway. Ebola has an incubation period. There are not any particularly good healthcare facilities over there and the few people that have gone over to help are already massively overburdened. If they try to treat someone who is showing possibly symptoms of Ebola, there is a chance that treatment won't work. If you are absolutely determined to prove that there's a conspiracy, you can twist the facts and ignore the vast body of evidence that clearly shows that the Red Cross is doing excellent work to get rid of this horrible pandemic.

There are some conspiracy theories that might have an inkling of truth in them but this is not one of them. To claim that Ebola is man made, never mind that the Red Cross is causing it is just plain stupid.
Well there is 2 camps.

1. Accept everything the mainstream media says.

2. Be an conspiracy theorist and get put in jail by the Tories new extremist laws.

I think I'll choose choice number 2. If I die its my own fault and I won't have anyone to blame because I'll be dead.

Enjoy your vaccine. Bill Gates approves of this message.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
Well there is 2 camps.

1. Accept everything the mainstream media says.

2. Be an conspiracy theorist and get put in jail by the Tories new extremist laws.

I think I'll choose choice number 2. If I die its my own fault and I won't have anyone to blame because I'll be dead.

Enjoy your vaccine. Bill Gates approves of this message.
No, you're presenting an absurd argument. This is nothing to do with "accepting everything the mainstream media says", this is to do with the fact that there is literally zero evidence for what you're saying. What you've done is decided that Ebola is a massive conspiracy and you're ignoring the entire body of evidence that doesn't support that assertion in the slightest. You've not uncovered some grand secret that the public isn't aware of, you're not being intelligent or wise, you've invented a fantasy that you want to believe in and are too stubborn to actually look at evidence.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads