Does playing hard to get work with a guy? Watch

Uosaf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't play hard to get.

If you like a guy, tell him or at least make it slightly obvious. If you try play some mind game bs then unless he's desperate, he will just stop trying and lose interest.

Life isn't a bollywood movie. (That should be my catchphrase lmao)
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sophia44)
Alright thank you. But what should i do when he ignores me?? Like before i used to message him a few times but now if he ignores me i just leave it and won't speak. I feel like i am justified in doing that but i don't want to lose him. But whenever i try to communicate and talk to him about it i get hit with the same line everytime. What should i do...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're very welcome. The main thing I realised from my experience which I hope can be of use to your situation is that all the power is in your hands. Take this moment as one of empowerment not of desperation.

You say you don't want to lose him. Is that how he was before or how he is now? Because it seems that you do not like the level of texting within your relationship. If he is always going to be like this from now on, will you be wonderfully happy with him? Or can you do better?

To some people (me included), texting is irrelevant to a relationship. I see it as creating a new part in the relationship whereas the only only part I'm interested in is when I'm with the person. If the conversation topic is important, then ask yourself why am I having these conversation by text?

Do you call him ever? If he doesn't answer your calls then I would suggest that you need to tell him exactly what you want from the relationship.

So basically, you have the power to decide where you take your life with this person. It is better to know now what's going on rather than leave it so you can then make the crucial decision "I know he has these drawbacks which I really wish he didn't but it does/n't matter because he makes up for it in no/other areas."
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Life isn't a movie. Get your head out of your **** and stop behaving like an idiot.
Yawn!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When a girl starts playing hard to get, I stop trying to get.
Youis Trollin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are already playing mind games and you are not even in the relationship yet, you're going to have a bad time.
Dr Pesto
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only reason I am doing this is because I don't want to be taken for granted and I don't want to be the only one making all the effort. I don't want him to have all the power in this relationship. But honestly is it worth it? or is it futile to play hard to get??
No, no, no. Relationships aren't about having power over one another, if you go into it with this mind set you've ****ed it from the start. You're meant to be a team, with equal levels of respect for each other.
DeadGirlsDance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably none that are worth anything
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only if the guy is dumb and inexperienced. Most will just think "**** this" I am off.
DLau88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are really hot you can be needy because the guy will think you are out of his league haha If you are not then play hard to get.
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No because he would quite rightly think you are an idiot.

Anyone who plays games is an idiot. I blank them and move on to another.

If I want to date/sleep with you then I want that. Not a constant cycle of tit for tat
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay it wasn't meant to sound like that,so what can i do for him to start making an effort??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you considered trying thisthis crazy thing called "talking to him"?
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only reason I am doing this is because I don't want to be taken for granted and I don't want to be the only one making all the effort. I don't want him to have all the power in this relationship. But honestly is it worth it? or is it futile to play hard to get??
Don't play games.
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't do it - mind games are a deal breaker for me.
Horse273
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is futile. I tend to immediately lose interest in girls who do this. If I am being genuine in a relationship but you're trying to do some sort of power play, why should I waste my time with you?
indieguy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I lose interest very quickly if the girl decides to play hard to get.
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hehe.

It's one of the most annoying traits I find in the opposite sex.

I could get run over by a truck tomorrow morning. Rather than fighting for someone's pointless attention, I'd prefer to spend my final hours drinking sake whilst having a good time with some close friends.

So isn't worth it.
jenkinsear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First of all i am not playing any games!!!!. It probably sounds that way but it is my last resort. I have had enough of making all the effort and i just look clingy as **** so i have backed off. Secondly i am in no way immature haha! This is happening to me. All i want is for him to understand from my perspective and give me the same respect. I have worded the question terribly and that isn't my style because i have had it done to me and it isn't fun. But he keeps playing with my mind and feelings and i don't deserve to be treated like that but i like him too much. What i meant to say was that i don't want to be appear clingy and just want my relationship to go back to normal but i am not sure how to go about doing so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You come across as incredibly self centred and selfish.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it is game playing that the best of relationships will avoid. The early phase of romance should be about mutually high enthusiasm in my view. The playing hard to get approach seems to more prevalent in the very attractive league as a form of flirting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed