Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2015 Watch

Lalala2015
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys, I've also been invited to a video interview for the Retail Management scheme. Anyone knows why some have to do video and others telephone? I cannot find any information about it online.
Also, I do find it quite odd that they would send out invitations today...it's Christmas!! And we have to do the video within 7 days, I don't know how I'm going to do that with all of my family crammed in the house.
Rolo121
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lalala2015)
Hey guys, I've also been invited to a video interview for the Retail Management scheme. Anyone knows why some have to do video and others telephone? I cannot find any information about it online.
Also, I do find it quite odd that they would send out invitations today...it's Christmas!! And we have to do the video within 7 days, I don't know how I'm going to do that with all of my family crammed in the house.
Yeah i know its ridiculous but im surprised on their website it says we should be at stage two, which is a assessment Centre?
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lady interviewer - 'I foresee you in a managerial role in gents suitings'
Me - 'I've always dreamed of being big in the trouser department'
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rolo121)
Yeah i know its ridiculous but im surprised on their website it says we should be at stage two, which is a assessment Centre?
Thought so too! Seems there is a lack of information on their website. Ever done video interviews before? I've done one and it went terrible! I'm definitely not cut out to be on camera! Can't help but think this is a little discriminating, how will we know we being assessed on anything other than looks? Do you think we will get asked why m&s and why this scheme? The one I did for morrisons was not like that, despite everyone else saying so....in fact, no questions were asked that were even similar to what others had posted...
Rachael15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thought so too! Seems there is a lack of information on their website. Ever done video interviews before? I've done one and it went terrible! I'm definitely not cut out to be on camera! Can't help but think this is a little discriminating, how will we know we being assessed on anything other than looks? Do you think we will get asked why m&s and why this scheme? The one I did for morrisons was not like that, despite everyone else saying so....in fact, no questions were asked that were even similar to what others had posted...
I had a telephone interview, so I don't know why they've changed to video a week later. She asked me things like why retail management, why m&s, factors that would harm m&s in the future. Then competency questions were on motivation, leadership and implementing change.
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rachael15)
I had a telephone interview, so I don't know why they've changed to video a week later. She asked me things like why retail management, why m&s, factors that would harm m&s in the future. Then competency questions were on motivation, leadership and implementing change.
The only thing I can think of is that it's because it's over the holidays, although it does seem quite unfair to me (I prefer to speak to an actual human not a computer!). Perhaps it's because they want to fit people into the assessment centres in January.
Thanks for letting us know what the asked you! Hopefully the video interview won't be too different.
nav2123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

The last mail i got from M&S had this message

"Thank you for applying for our M&S Graduate Recruitment Programme. Your application is now complete.
We will be reviewing and short listing applications after the closing date at which point we will contact you with the decision."

After this i have not got any mail. i ve applied for the garment technology grad prog.

Is der anyone who has applied from India. Do they take international students?
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nav2123)
Hi,

The last mail i got from M&S had this message

"Thank you for applying for our M&S Graduate Recruitment Programme. Your application is now complete.
We will be reviewing and short listing applications after the closing date at which point we will contact you with the decision."

After this i have not got any mail. i ve applied for the garment technology grad prog.

Is der anyone who has applied from India. Do they take international students?
Hi,
they accept international students long as you have the right to work in the UK. I'm an international student myself. I actually never got an email after finishing the online tests, only the email from the video interview company, and it's actually been a long time since finishing the tests.
You might want to email them to see what is going on. You are applying for a different programme so it might be other terms.
nav2123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey, thanks for the help. i'll write to them today itself.
Fatuitous
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've got to do my video interview by Monday. Anyone done it yet?
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fatuitous)
I've got to do my video interview by Monday. Anyone done it yet?
No haven't done mine yet. Have until the 31st I think. I've emailed them though to ask for a few days extra. I think its absolutely ridiculous that they want us to do this now. Its definitely making me less enthusiastic about the company! Doubt they'll reply though, guessing they're on holiday. Would think we get similar questions to those who did phone interviews. Out of curiosity, are you outside of the uk? Maybe that's why they wont do phone interviews? Let us know how it goes! Good luck!!
Fatuitous
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
No haven't done mine yet. Have until the 31st I think. I've emailed them though to ask for a few days extra. I think its absolutely ridiculous that they want us to do this now. Its definitely making me less enthusiastic about the company! Doubt they'll reply though, guessing they're on holiday. Would think we get similar questions to those who did phone interviews. Out of curiosity, are you outside of the uk? Maybe that's why they wont do phone interviews? Let us know how it goes! Good luck!!
Yeah I presume its similar questions, but was wondering if we have time to prepare after each question before answering like the John Lewis one.
I'm from the UK, so video interviews definitely aren't only for international applicants.
Rolo121
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rachael15)

yeah i have no idea why they changed it, but how many questions did they ask you?
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fatuitous)
Yeah I presume its similar questions, but was wondering if we have time to prepare after each question before answering like the John Lewis one.
I'm from the UK, so video interviews definitely aren't only for international applicants.
I don't know, maybe we'll find out when we log on to do the interview. I would think that we would get some thinking time between each question and that we start/stop the recording once we are ready/finished.
I haven't gotten reply from M&S yet about an extension, guessing they're on holiday, so will have to do min either tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Good luck to all of you who have to do video interviews. May it not ruin Christmas and the celebration of the new year!
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know, maybe we'll find out when we log on to do the interview. I would think that we would get some thinking time between each question and that we start/stop the recording once we are ready/finished.
I haven't gotten reply from M&S yet about an extension, guessing they're on holiday, so will have to do min either tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Good luck to all of you who have to do video interviews. May it not ruin Christmas and the celebration of the new year!
EDIT: how wrong I could be! I searched Jobatar and found that there is no pause between questions so I'm assuming it's just recording non stop. Then you would probably get all the questions in the beginning. It's supposed to imitate a face-to-face interview, and you get up to 10 questions. You do get to practice beforehand though.
Rolo121
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
EDIT: how wrong I could be! I searched Jobatar and found that there is no pause between questions so I'm assuming it's just recording non stop. Then you would probably get all the questions in the beginning. It's supposed to imitate a face-to-face interview, and you get up to 10 questions. You do get to practice beforehand though.
Thanks for that! that honestly helps a lot! I would appreciate it so much if you can let me know how the questions are and what they are asking?

Wish you the best of luck!
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for that! that honestly helps a lot! I would appreciate it so much if you can let me know how the questions are and what they are asking?

Wish you the best of luck!
No problem! Yeah can let you know after I've done it, but I've got a few days extra because I'm out travelling. At least I think so, got an email stating that I did, then exactly two hours later I got a generic email saying I still haven't done the interview and that I have to do it or else I won't be considered. I don't know which one I should believe in. May just try to get it done tomorrow if I can get people out of the house or at least get a room to myself. When is your deadline?
Rolo121
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No problem! Yeah can let you know after I've done it, but I've got a few days extra because I'm out travelling. At least I think so, got an email stating that I did, then exactly two hours later I got a generic email saying I still haven't done the interview and that I have to do it or else I won't be considered. I don't know which one I should believe in. May just try to get it done tomorrow if I can get people out of the house or at least get a room to myself. When is your deadline?
My deadlines the 31st but i got the generic email too so i might just do it tomorrow or on the 31st.
Lalala2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My deadlines the 31st but i got the generic email too so i might just do it tomorrow or on the 31st.
That was my original deadline as well. Good luck with your interview!
Des-Eh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, I hope you are enjoying festive season I have a video interview with M&S (Merchandising Graduate Scheme)...but I have no idea what questions might be asked!!! My deadline is 4th of January.

I so appreciate it if anyone who already passed the video interview help me with the questions.

Happy Holidayss

Regards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed