The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh I see, I'm straight from college , B in sociology C in politics and D in Geography at AS, what are the requirements for Durham because that's a really good uni, I've seen the Essex one its only 180 UCAS points with a foundation , Leeds also do one btw as well but have no specific requirements
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by eFFyEU
oh I see, I'm straight from college , B in sociology C in politics and D in Geography at AS, what are the requirements for Durham because that's a really good uni, I've seen the Essex one its only 180 UCAS points with a foundation , Leeds also do one btw as well but have no specific requirements

No way, really? I wanted to apply for Leeds but I've sent my application off now. Um I'm not sure about Durham, check on ucas but Keele and Manc are 160 points
Applied for Physics with Mathematics.
Reply 23
I sent my application in yesterday to hull to do biomed, you had an offer yet?
Got an offer for philosophy :smile: anybody else got an offer?

Also has anyone else been invited for a Talent Development Programme (TDP)?
Original post by laimliam
Got an offer for philosophy :smile: anybody else got an offer?

Also has anyone else been invited for a Talent Development Programme (TDP)?

Well done! Where else have you applied for philosophy? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FreshGarbage
Well done! Where else have you applied for philosophy? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Applied to Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham (given offers, woop!) and waiting to hear back from Reading :smile: are you applying for philosophy/Hull?
Thank you! Applied to Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham (given offers, woop!) and waiting to hear back from Reading :smile: are you applying for philosophy/Hull?

I'm not applying for Hull but I've applied to Sheffield, Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham and Newcastle. Received unconditionals from Nott and Birm. AAB from Shef and Leeds. Waiting for Newcastle. Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FreshGarbage
I'm not applying for Hull but I've applied to Sheffield, Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham and Newcastle. Received unconditionals from Nott and Birm. AAB from Shef and Leeds. Waiting for Newcastle. Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sick, congratulations! I got onto an access scheme for Leeds so my offer was lowered to BBB.. but I don't really like their course! Whereas if I pass an interview at Hull I'd get an unconditional, which is very tempting :tongue:
I'm from Harrogate, looking to read chemistry at Hull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Judge Jasel
I'm from Harrogate, looking to read chemistry at Hull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice another science applicant! When did you send your application? :smile:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Nice another science applicant! When did you send your application? :smile:

Sent it off almost two or three weeks ago. Got an offer three days after!! What about you? What you planning on studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent it off almost two or three weeks ago. Got an offer three days after!! What about you? What you planning on studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! That's awesome! I sent mine 3 days ago, all I know is that they have received it. I applied for Physics with Mathematics. Where else have you applied? Have you visited Hull?
Really?! That's awesome! I sent mine 3 days ago, all I know is that they have received it. I applied for Physics with Mathematics. Where else have you applied? Have you visited Hull?

Ahh, hopefully you get a place! Physics with maths.... Wow, that's heavy. I've applied to Newcastle and Keele, both for chem and both gave me offers. Waiting for Queens Belfast. Manchester met rejected my application. :/ I haven't visited the uni, but I've been to hull once, for the ferries.... Obviously :wink: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, hopefully you get a place! Physics with maths.... Wow, that's heavy. I've applied to Newcastle and Keele, both for chem and both gave me offers. Waiting for Queens Belfast. Manchester met rejected my application. :/ I haven't visited the uni, but I've been to hull once, for the ferries.... Obviously :wink: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure hope so! Ah but heavy stuff like the sciences are usually worthwhile. :biggrin: I was thinking of Keele too but in the end I chose Hull over it. Haha I've never even been to Hull, they're known for ferries, I didn't even know that.
Sure hope so! Ah but heavy stuff like the sciences are usually worthwhile. :biggrin: I was thinking of Keele too but in the end I chose Hull over it. Haha I've never even been to Hull, they're known for ferries, I didn't even know that.

True true. So why Hull, if you don't mind me asking? Haha, well, Hull is.... Empty, there's not much around. Anyway, we should totally be friends! That is, if both of us end up going there

Posted from TSR Mobile
True true. So why Hull, if you don't mind me asking? Haha, well, Hull is.... Empty, there's not much around. Anyway, we should totally be friends! That is, if both of us end up going there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind at all :wink: it might sound a bit ridiculous but I quite like the architecture! In all seriousness though it seems to me like a nice place, even if the city isn't huge and pompous! It's like a chilled out place. The uni is decent and established and the departments research looked like interesting stuff, plus they seem pretty good at helping students get to whereever they want next, be it a career or postgrad studies so alongside the student satisfaction it pitches a good impression :smile: I'm not too fussed about where I end up, as long as I can do what I want and enjoy it!

Haha Sure. I'd be happy to take you up on the offer of friendship. :wink: So what's your first choice atm?
I don't mind at all :wink: it might sound a bit ridiculous but I quite like the architecture! In all seriousness though it seems to me like a nice place, even if the city isn't huge and pompous! It's like a chilled out place. The uni is decent and established and the departments research looked like interesting stuff, plus they seem pretty good at helping students get to whereever they want next, be it a career or postgrad studies so alongside the student satisfaction it pitches a good impression :smile: I'm not too fussed about where I end up, as long as I can do what I want and enjoy it!

Haha Sure. I'd be happy to take you up on the offer of friendship. :wink: So what's your first choice atm?

I agree, the architecture is nice. I didn't know too much about student support though, but I chose Hull because it is pretty decent in terms of chemistry. My first choice so far is Newcastle, although it has an offer of ABB, Which exceeds my target grades. So Hull might be a nice back up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh sick, congratulations! I got onto an access scheme for Leeds so my offer was lowered to BBB.. but I don't really like their course! Whereas if I pass an interview at Hull I'd get an unconditional, which is very tempting :tongue:

Sounds sick! You must've had good predicted grades and PS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
applied for biomedical science, doing biology, maths, english lit and general studies at A2. I'm from cheshire, near liverpool :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest