Things you wish you knew before having sex for the first time? Watch

unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One question: will I break my hymen if I was to practise getting used to the feeling with a finger? What role does the hymen play in all of this and does it hurt when it breaks?
If you haven't had a look with a mirror, you probably have no idea what state it's in or, indeed, if you have one. If you do, it's not a 'poof, it's gone' thing - typically, the first thing to stretch it sufficiently far gives a tear, hence there are often some spots of blood. I understand it can be a short 'ow' rather than an 'argh', and can also be an 'oh', or a 'has it happened yet?' too. The bits that are left get worn down over time.

But yes, if you have one, a finger might. The more fingers (with clean, short, smooth nails!) are inside you, the more likely it is. Unless you're living in a Sicilian village and need to hang sheets with blood marks outside the window or want to go down the full "Be... gentle with me" bodice-ripper route, it doesn't matter when or how any hymen is torn.
luelya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A quick note - the hymen DOES NOT 'break'! This is a total myth. It only stretches. Check out this for more information - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFojO8WkpA. You might find some other useful information there too Good luck and enjoy!
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As with any other thing, it can be stretched to breaking point...
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
Lots of foreplay, buy some lube just in case.
Just go with the flow, don't think too much.

For my first time, I took the MAP afterwards. But obviously use a proper method of contraception after that.
For me, I felt no pain or real discomfort. Some people are less lucky but don't expect it to be painful as that will probably cause you to tense up/worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise