Cambridge English Applicants 2015 Watch

wendlabergmann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheWarwicko)
At Christ's they say they give them out as soon as possible, so I'm assuming after all the extra forms and essays have been sent in.

Sent mine off today, so I should know by the end of the week!

Yours?
Emmanuel give between the 13th and 21st for interview offers, and from the 14th for rejections... sent my stuff off on Saturday, very worried.
Paulska_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sixteeen)
Got an interview for Clare!!!! So relieved! Anybody else heard whether they've got an interview or not?
I have an interview at Clare as well!!!
Sixteeen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Paulska_)
I have an interview at Clare as well!!!
yay!!! well done! good luck with your interview, nervous now!
bradshawsl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Btbbt)
English at Girton here. Also applied to:
UCL
Durham
Exeter (Unconditional Offer)
Warwick

Handed in everything bar essays (Girton haven't requested them yet) and fingers crossed! P.S. I'm applying post A2 in case anyone's wondering about the unconditional haha
I've applied to Girton too! Have you heard back yet? I got my letter yesterday. I'm going to send my essays off sometime this week I think
bradshawsl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Btbbt)
Congrats Hiya, yeah, I've got an interview on 9/12. I'll be sending mine next week (I'm away this week). Trying to contact Girton about my SAQ though - I just realised I made some mistakes in the PS section I need to ammend! Isn't half stressful haha x
Mine's on 9/12 too Oh I know, it is actually ridiculously stressful! Anyway, congrats (and good luck) x
barbarabc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

College- Sidney Sussex

Also applied to:
Manchester (offer - IELTS)
York
Edinburgh

Trinity College Dublin

I'm an international student, I mailed my essays on Friday. I'm still waiting to hear something

TheWarwicko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So... who made it to the second round?
Nerdz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
College - King's
Other Unis - I haven't applied yet oops

I just got an interview! I'm relieved too but now I'm even more stressed out because I only have a few weeks to prepare..
Do you think that if we do well in the interviews and tests but don't get the expected grades at the end of the year, they'll still take us?
TheWarwicko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nerdz)
College - King's
Other Unis - I haven't applied yet oops

I just got an interview! I'm relieved too but now I'm even more stressed out because I only have a few weeks to prepare..
Do you think that if we do well in the interviews and tests but don't get the expected grades at the end of the year, they'll still take us?

I was at the Christ's Open Day and the admissions tutor stated that if you miss the grade it's highly unlikely you'll be accepted. Only if its by half a UMS mark or something silly like that might they reconsider. It's happened before, but he stated its rare to accept those who miss their offers.
indiefoot3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an interview for St Catharine's College!

Applied to:
Durham- haven't heard
Bristol- haven't heard
Birmingham- unconditional
UEA- scholarship & unconditional

Anyone heard from Bristol yet?
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applied to Emmanuel (in case I haven't already put it) and my interview is on the 10th. I'm freaking out but trying to stay calm.

(Original post by Sexyfartgoblin101)
Congrats Hiya, yeah, I've got an interview on 9/12. I'll be sending mine next week (I'm away this week). Trying to contact Girton about my SAQ though - I just realised I made some mistakes in the PS section I need to ammend! Isn't half stressful haha x
Hello! I can't reply to your visitor message normally - you've got messages disabled

Additional personal statement: You're fine. The add PS is completely optional, you don't even have to put anything if you don't want to, and as long as you haven't put 'oh actually I want to do law I'm just applying to this course for the lols/money/*****es' you'll be fine.

As for my application, it's going okay at the moment - my mock interviews have gone well but I'm still reading around the last few poems. And as for your UMS question - the average English offer holder will have about 95% UMS from their top three, but don't worry about that. About 50% of offer holders will therefore have under that, because it's the average.
Lucy7May
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by indiefoot3)
I got an interview for St Catharine's College!

Applied to:
Durham- haven't heard
Bristol- haven't heard
Birmingham- unconditional
UEA- scholarship & unconditional

Anyone heard from Bristol yet?
I'm English at St Catharines as well! When is yours? mine's on Friday. I've heard back from Bristol with an offer but I think loads of people still havent at my college so I wouldn't worry about it congratulations on the interview!
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mrsdarcy42)
I've applied for English at Emmanuel

Also applied to:
- Durham
- York (AAA offer)
- Exeter (holder of a dreaded A*A*A offer )
- Warwick

I have to send two marked essays and a reading questionnaire of recent reading; sheet is divided into poetry, drama, prose fiction, prose non-fiction - likely to be discussed at interview.

I got AAAB at AS and am predicted A*A*A* at A2
(Original post by wendlabergmann)
Glad to see other people applying for English ^^

College: Emmanuel

Also applied to:
Durham
York (Offer -- AAA)
Warwick
Nottingham (Offer -- AAA)

I've yet to send things (waiting on a copy of my UMS with remark/French (did it in Y11 so it's gone missing)). They've asked for two marked essays, a reading list, data protection, and UMS confirmation. Quite a lot -- it's takin' a while to compile. :c
Do you guys also have interviews on the 10th?
NineBurgundy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paradoxicalme)
Do you guys also have interviews on the 10th?
Wow, are all the English interviews on the 10th? Cambridge do like to pack it in. How are yall feeling about it?
Nerdz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NineBurgundy)
Wow, are all the English interviews on the 10th? Cambridge do like to pack it in. How are yall feeling about it?
My interview for King's was today! (8th) God, it was awful. I think they assumed from my personal statement that I understood imagist poetry somehow.
Anyway, good luck to all of you! The interviewers aren't there to intimidate you, and they're not necessarily looking for what you know, but what you're capable of learning!
Paulska_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My interview's on Wednesday 10th December at Clare! I'm really excited and looking forward to it, putting the nervousness to the back of my mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads