Ask the TSR Government Watch

This discussion is closed.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Does this Government stand by Israel? If not, why not?

Also would you support the gift of houses to young newly married couples wishing to start a family?
Define a "gift" - as in from the parents? A nice idea, but they should decide it themselves.

From the government? No, whatever happened to the Tory idea of "if you're too poor to raise them, Don't have them"

All that does really is push people towards having kids, I always support more building, but not this.

And as for Israel, lol, no.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Define a "gift" - as in from the parents? A nice idea, but they should decide it themselves.

From the government? No, whatever happened to the Tory idea of "if you're too poor to raise them, Don't have them"

All that does really is push people towards having kids, I always support more building, but not this.

And as for Israel, lol, no.
From the government just like in the Middle East as of course parents can gift their children houses, why wouldn't they

Fair enough to supporting more building

Why do you hate Israel? Israel is a beacon of democracy in an undemocratic area of the world.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From the government just like in the Middle East as of course parents can gift their children houses, why wouldn't they

Why do you hate Israel? Israel is a beacon of democracy in an undemocratic area of the world.
Israel has been very smart economically, but it's shown only disdain for Palestinians and Palestine as a nation and I have no respect for that.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Although I think Israel came into existence in very questionable circumstances, if the Palestinian issue were to be resolved in a way that gives true nationhood and rights to the Palestinian population and ended racial discrimination within Israel itself - and also if it stopped electing extremist governments - I'd probably be one of Israel's biggest supporters. But it has a long way to go before that happens.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does the Government think that stores that have special offers which begin late at night should be required to pay for security and policing, in view of the number of times police have been called today on so-called 'Black Friday'?
Saracen's Fez
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Does the Government think that stores that have special offers which begin late at night should be required to pay for security and policing, in view of the number of times police have been called today on so-called 'Black Friday'?
I'd personally like to see a ban on this strange custom in the UK.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd personally be in favour of that, yes There's no purpose to it except to make profit and further consumerism, so I don't see why the state should be expected to fund it.
Wellzi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would the Traffic Light Coalition vote in favour of a vote of no confidence on the Government?
Saracen's Fez
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wellzi)
Would the Traffic Light Coalition vote in favour of a vote of no confidence on the Government?
Is this a serious question?
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

What?
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that referring to the real life Government or on here? I can assure you we don't intend to launch a vote of no confidence ourselves
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am announcing my immediate resignation from the government as an MP & minister, I will continue to be a member of the TSR Green party but I no longer feel able to freely express my views on legislation in the House & therefore I cannot exercise my role as an MP & minister effectively so feel someone else should take my place who I hope will be granted the ability to do so by the house.

I have nothing more to say on this matter in public, members of the Green party & government are welcome to ask me about it in the sub forums or by PM.

thank you.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
I am announcing my immediate resignation from the government as an MP & minister, I will continue to be a member of the TSR Green party but I no longer feel able to freely express my views on legislation in the House & therefore I cannot exercise my role as an MP & minister effectively so feel someone else should take my place who I hope will be granted the ability to do so by the house.

I have nothing more to say on this matter in public, members of the Green party & government are welcome to ask me about it in the sub forums or by PM.

thank you.
Congratulations on your resignation, I hope that it serves you well in life

Also you're free to express you're views, just like we all are, the issue that most of us have is that you're too far up your own behind to know when you're in the wrong on something nor do you really fight your corner properly and take everything as an attack which is ridiculous.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Early election? Down with the government.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Early election? Down with the government.
Why?
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was disappointed to see the chaos we saw last year repeated. I am sure that Black Friday did cause additional work for the various police forces across the UK. As well as allowing for disorderly conduct, the Black Friday sales removed police resources from going about their general duties and being available for other calls.

As Home Secretary, I urge retailers to work with the police for future events and to ensure that they have a proper plan in place to bring an end to the scenes we saw yesterday.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congratulations on your resignation, I hope that it serves you well in life

Also you're free to express you're views, just like we all are, the issue that most of us have is that you're too far up your own behind to know when you're in the wrong on something nor do you really fight your corner properly and take everything as an attack which is ridiculous.
See, this is the problem, really. Why make personal comments like that? Some posters in the MHoC find it fit to get personal, which is really inappropriate. We should be debating the content of bills and motions. We should feel free to debate each other's views. We should not tell people they're "too far up their own behinds" or an embarrassment to their party, or other stuff like that.

I don't always agree with people's views on here, but I wouldn't get personal with them. Why risk making someone feel bad? To do so would be childish and unsuited to the MHoC. Also, by doing so we run the risk losing members, and we're a small enough group as it is. And posts of that nature make it less likely that new people will join us, which really isn't helpful.

I'm not talking about turning this place into a kindergarten - I quite like a good debate - but can we not keep it civil and can we not keep in mind that we don't know people's individual circumstances, like their age or what they're dealing with in life, and just try to make this into a fun and interesting place to be?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by missfats)
Fair enough.
:yy:
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
<Snip>
Satire, freedom of expression, humour... Have you heard of it? :holmes:

P.S. I didn't state he was an embarrassment, although you clearly think so or you wouldn't have said it
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Satire, freedom of expression, humour... Have you heard of it? :holmes:

P.S. I didn't state he was an embarrassment, although you clearly think so or you wouldn't have said it
No, but one of your colleagues in the opposition has. This isn't just about an individual. Much of what I've seen against a couple of Government MPs in particular is really unpleasant and personal and just shouldn't be happening in what's meant to be a civilised and adult debating chamber. Satire and humour are great, repeated attacks against individuals you've taken a disliking to are not.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed