Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobar)
    Decently, mid settings maybe?
    Ahh okay. Good enough for me. The card has a dual BIOS which can supposedly be flashed to perform like a 6890. Any problems, flick a switch and you get the original BIOS settings back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Ahh okay. Good enough for me. The card has a dual BIOS which can supposedly be flashed to perform like a 6890. Any problems, flick a switch and you get the original BIOS settings back.
    Pretty sure you mean 6870?

ReputationRep:
    I was running Far cry 4 with a ATI 5870 and 4gb's ram. don't get what all the hissy fit is about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I was running Far cry 4 with a ATI 5870 and 4gb's ram. don't get what all the hissy fit is about
    What settings?

ReputationRep:
    What settings?

Every thing was high. Very high had the slightest frame rate drop and ultra started to stutter.

I've upgraded my card regardless to an Rn 270x but still with 4gb' sram I'm playing AC unity pretty smooth. I don't know if I'm just lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Every thing was high. Very high had the slightest frame rate drop and ultra started to stutter.

I've upgraded my card regardless to an Rn 270x but still with 4gb' sram I'm playing AC unity pretty smooth. I don't know if I'm just lucky
    AA enabled on any of these 2 games?

What settings you playing AC on? Have they released a patch? I was playing it pre patch on a GTX 780 and it wasn't as smooth as I'd like on max details except AA on 2x MSAA I think.

ReputationRep:
    AA enabled on any of these 2 games?

What settings you playing AC on? Have they released a patch? I was playing it pre patch on a GTX 780 and it wasn't as smooth as I'd like on max details except AA on 2x MSAA I think.
    AC unity a mix of high but with a few medium. I think AA was set to 2x on both games but I may have turned V sync off.

I really thought the lack of RAM would bottleneck my PC but so far I've had no problems. The crew runs on ultra at 60fps but that's not exactly a demanding game

Spoiler:
    Show
    I do have a 3570k processor though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    AC unity a mix of high but with a few medium. I think AA was set to 2x on both games but I may have turned V sync off.

I really thought the lack of RAM would bottleneck my PC but so far I've had no problems. The crew runs on ultra at 60fps but that's not exactly a demanding game

Spoiler:
    Show
    I do have a 3570k processor though
    Is The Crew any good?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a 4790k

ReputationRep:
    Is The Crew any good?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a 4790k

I'm just not so sure so far. Yes the world as big but in reality I prefer fast traveling to most places and haven't had the urge to explore yet. There's a lot of customisation which is good but I'm not too sure that the car list is great. The driving mechanics are ok (nothing to praise or write off) but so far the races and missions have felt way too short and typical. I dunno, I need to get more into it but for supposedly a "driving mmo", the lobby sizes should have been bigger. I was expecting more from a next gen game tbh. Graphics are ok
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is The Crew any good?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a 4790k
    I don't have anything particularly constructive to say, other than based on the Beta it seemed at least OK, and the concept is interesting, but primarily commented to say:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a 4930k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I don't have anything particularly constructive to say, other than based on the Beta it seemed at least OK, and the concept is interesting, but primarily commented to say:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a 4930k
    Loool as soon as I saw that you quoted me I was expecting that spoiler. Think I'll hold off on The Crew then, not heard much amazing about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wouldn't get it over the past 4 games (ACU/FC4/Lords of the fallen and dragon age)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Loool as soon as I saw that you quoted me I was expecting that spoiler. Think I'll hold off on The Crew then, not heard much amazing about it.
    If it weren't for the fact that Ubi aren't putting their **** on steam I would probably pick it up in the Easter sale or Spring Sale of whatever they call it; not too into racing games anyway, might just wait for my birthday for it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.