Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello, just wanted to know about holiday/breaks. Do we get like easter off in first yr or during the entire course if we in school and not in placements? Also , which how many days are lectures weekly? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    So you get 2 weeks for christmas, 2 weeks for easter and 2/3 for summer. This changes each year though but is roughly the same. Each week is completely different, some weeks are 9-5 mon and fri, and some are like 4 lectures in a week, completely random. X

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i have an interview for UClan for childrens nursing in feb! Its all group not single! How did you prepare yourself for your interview and what did you research?

ReputationRep:
    Hi congrats on your place how are you finding it all? Can I ask what work experience did you do before applying? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDouglas)
    Hi congrats on your place how are you finding it all? Can I ask what work experience did you do before applying? Thanks x
    Hey! Thanks! Yeah i love it, it is really hard work, alot harder than i expected. I worked as a senior healthcare assistant for 3 years prior to applying, but lots of people have no experience x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeNicholson)
    Hey, i have an interview for UClan for childrens nursing in feb! Its all group not single! How did you prepare yourself for your interview and what did you research?
    Ooh good luck! We were given a document to read so i read that, as well as researching recent events, so francis report, a&e pressures etc. i also read up on what made a nurse, what traits they should have etc x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have an interview to study children's nursing at Bucks New Uni! They have asked me to bring a recent health care article with me, do you think I should find one that links into children's health or would just a health care article that I can talk in depth about be good?

The interview consists of a maths and english test, a group interview and a single interview.

Any help will be good! Thankyou! x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone give me any tips on current issues/affair linked to childrens nursing?

ReputationRep:
    What a levels dos you take? x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my last year of doing my BTEC in Childcare! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkbarker176)
    Hey everyone! I'm a first year child nurse at southampton university. When I applied for nursing I found this forum so helpful, and I wish i'd had the opportunity to ask a current student nurse any questions that I had, so i've started this so that all you lovelies can ask me anything! x

Hi there, I'm just asking for some advice really, i had an interview at the beginning of january and haven't heard anything back, i'm not sure whether to ring the university or to sit tight, when I have rang before there were lots of applications to go through? thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi_96)
    Hi there, I'm just asking for some advice really, i had an interview at the beginning of january and haven't heard anything back, i'm not sure whether to ring the university or to sit tight, when I have rang before there were lots of applications to go through? thanks x
    Hey! My friend had one in january too and didn't hear back, so she phoned today and they told her over the phone. I'd give them a call tomorrow, they won't mind, they're used to getting calls about it xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkbarker176)
    Hey! My friend had one in january too and didn't hear back, so she phoned today and they told her over the phone. I'd give them a call tomorrow, they won't mind, they're used to getting calls about it xx
    Thank you for that, I wasn't sure as i didn't want to seem a bother, will give them a ring tomorrow, I hope she got on okay xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I wouldn't worry too much! - I've been waiting since December for one of mine! So it can take awhile! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollynicky)
    Hey, I wouldn't worry too much! - I've been waiting since December for one of mine! So it can take awhile! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahhh okay,I thought they would go through people from december before ours so i wasn't sure? Good Luck x

ReputationRep:
    ahhh okay,I thought they would go through people from december before ours so i wasn't sure? Good Luck x
    Haha yup some unis take ages! I applied last year too so I know that they can take long! Good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you I think sometimes, March is the month which people tend to find out from a lot of universities, but wasn't sure whether many people had heard back yet x

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you I think sometimes, March is the month which people tend to find out from a lot of universities, but wasn't sure whether many people had heard back yet x
    Yup I think its usually march time! I've only heard for interviews for all of mine, so don't worry! I'm sure you'll do fantastic! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollynicky)
    Yup I think its usually march time! I've only heard for interviews for all of mine, so don't worry! I'm sure you'll do fantastic! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww thank you, same to you to X

ReputationRep:
    hi im so nervous, i have an interview for child nursing at salford uni, i really dont know what to expect or what key areas i should focus on.. has anyone applied/had a interview for salford and could give me some advice.. seriously nervous :cry2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 11, 2017

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.