Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lightmax)
    Country of origin: Macau
    GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Igcse 6A*2A1B/AS levels bad(Resits pending)
    UKCAT/BMAT: 2720/ 4.6-5.4-3A
    Schools applying to: Oxford, Manchester, Glasgow, Southampton
    Interview offers: Glasgow

Already rejected by Oxford and Manchester, but i do have a conditional offer at KCL biomedical science.
    I also applied to KCL for Biomedical Sciences but haven't heard anything and I submitted my app on 2nd October My Personal statement is very medicine orientated and why i want to be a doctor etc. so could that be the reason i haven't heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishysmile)
    I also applied to KCL for Biomedical Sciences but haven't heard anything and I submitted my app on 2nd October My Personal statement is very medicine orientated and why i want to be a doctor etc. so could that be the reason i haven't heard back?
    Mine was also pretty medicine oriented, so I don't think that was the problem. I wouldn't worry about it though. If they haven't sent you anything, that probably means you are still being considered. They said on the application portal that they aim to give answers within 60 days, but they may take longer. So I would say sit tight a little more. I think your grades are way better than mine and they will have no problem accepting you

ReputationRep:
    And does anyone know when interview offers at Southampton start coming out?

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for biomedical at KCL or medicine?

Country of origin: Macau
    GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Igcse 6A*2A1B/AS levels bad(Resits pending)
    UKCAT/BMAT: 2720/ 4.6-5.4-3A
    Schools applying to: Oxford, Manchester, Glasgow, Southampton
    Interview offers: Glasgow

Already rejected by Oxford and Manchester, but i do have a conditional offer at KCL biomedical science.

ReputationRep:
    Biomedical. The thought process behind it was that the minimum grades were lower for the subject than elsewhere, and I could apply for a scholarship at KCL here in Macau.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with cardiff interview here?

ReputationRep:
    Yay my brethren :2euk48l:

Country of origin: Malaysia (studying in China)
    GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: IB predicted 42/45
    UKCAT/BMAT: 727.5
    Schools applying to: Leicester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Southampton
    Interview offers: Leicester & Newcastle

Good luck on your apps everyone!

ReputationRep:
    And does anyone know when interview offers at Southampton start coming out?
    Hey, I'm not sure when interviews will be given out, but if you go to their website the overseas applicants interview date is February 10th. Given that typically 3 weeks before is the latest they give out interviews, it could still be a long wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tame_Impala)
    Hey, I'm not sure when interviews will be given out, but if you go to their website the overseas applicants interview date is February 10th. Given that typically 3 weeks before is the latest they give out interviews, it could still be a long wait!
    , so long after the other universities. Well, guess just have to take it one interview at a time

ReputationRep:
    , so long after the other universities. Well, guess just have to take it one interview at a time
    yup :sadnod: hopefully we'll see each other there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jungykang)
    Got an interview for Oxford . Does anyone know why despite the 14 available places, only 3 are usually offered a place?
    Not to scare you or anything, but the year I applied to oxford, only 1 international student got a place.
    I think they are not very open to international students, but if you do well, there shouldn't be a reason they shouldn't accept you.

ReputationRep:
    Yay my brethren :2euk48l:

Country of origin: Malaysia (studying in China)
    GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: IB predicted 42/45
    UKCAT/BMAT: 727.5
    Schools applying to: Leicester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Southampton
    Interview offers: Leicester & Newcastle

Good luck on your apps everyone!
    I am from Penang!
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1drowssap)
    Not to scare you or anything, but the year I applied to oxford, only 1 international student got a place.
    I think they are not very open to international students, but if you do well, there shouldn't be a reason they shouldn't accept you.
    Ahhhh that's not a really nice number to look at but hopefully so, interview prep seems to be going decently well (i think at least...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    I am from Penang!
    You?
    OMG I'M FROM PENANG TOO My grandmother's house is in Balik Pulau! I've lived in China pretty much all my life though, but we go back a few times each year. What school do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I'M FROM PENANG TOO My grandmother's house is in Balik Pulau! I've lived in China pretty much all my life though, but we go back a few times each year. What school do you go to?
    Went to school in ZHUHAI

ReputationRep:
    Received Bristol, UCL and now Birmingham Interviews - just waiting for Imperial now...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    Country of origin: Vietnam

GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Predicted A A A* A*
    UKCAT/BMAT: UKCAT 660
    Schools applying to: Hull York, Queens' Belfast, Dundee, Aberdeen
    Interview offers: Dundee (Dec 12th), Hull York (Jan 7th). Still waiting for the other 2!

Having interview in 2 days, feeling so nervous

ReputationRep:
    All the best for the Dundee interview! Since when have they started sending notifications for interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    Went to school in ZHUHAI
    cool we usually go back to penang for winter break, but this year we're not because I have to finish college apps for the US ): so bummed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaiHuong)
    Hi guys!
    Country of origin: Vietnam

GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Predicted A A A* A*
    UKCAT/BMAT: UKCAT 660
    Schools applying to: Hull York, Queens' Belfast, Dundee, Aberdeen
    Interview offers: Dundee (Dec 12th), Hull York (Jan 7th). Still waiting for the other 2!

Having interview in 2 days, feeling so nervous

All the best for your interview. I am also an international student may I know where will you attend your interview?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2015

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.