Turn on thread page Beta

My 'friend' wants me to do badly at A levels... watch

Announcements

(Original post by DErasmus)
    She obviously has major personal problems. She probably thinks she is going to fail and wants someone else to do so as well.
    You're right! She also said once how she thinks she will get bad grades and get no A grades, yet in essays/tests she gets A's occasionally.

Also, she seems insecure. She's pretty but once she called someone ugly... and I found it weird, it didn't seem right lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for help.

I will do so, any advice how? Its not easy haha
    I know how you feel - I was in year 12 a couple of years ago and some of my friends from high school just turned on me. But I think it would be much better if you were alone than associating yourself with someone who is just using you.

(Original post by Safiya122)
    I know how you feel - I was in year 12 a couple of years ago and some of my friends from high school just turned on me. But I think it would be much better if you were alone than associating yourself with someone who is just using you.
    Sorry about that! Did you distance yourself? What did you do at lunch times? I think I may start doing work at lunch since she's boring and just sits there.

Also- if I distance myself, she won't understand why and she probably thinks that her lies and bs is alright. The fact we are not close or personal is a good reason to not be friends as I feel no connection with her.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that! Did you distance yourself? What did you do at lunch times? I think I may start doing work at lunch since she's boring and just sits there.

Also- if I distance myself, she won't understand why and she probably thinks that her lies and bs is alright. The fact we are not close or personal is a good reason to not be friends as I feel no connection with her.
    I did eventually sort it out with them but yeah I would talk to other people and I'd be in the study room getting on with my work - was much easier than being around the bs tbh. And just tell her straight that you don't want anything to do with her because of what she's doing. After that, just keep away from her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmaugTheTerrible)
    You seem familiar with my name, but I don't remember smelling your kind before. Who are you and where do you come from, may I ask?
    I'm a new dinosaur from Jurassic World. Disguised as Walter White. Nice to meet you.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but have you tried talking to her about why she acts this way? She's obviously jealous of you, but she may not be aware that what she is doing is hurting you. If she is a decent person, she would change her attitude towards you. If she continues her ways, then avoid her.

ReputationRep:
    You seem familiar with my name, but I don't remember smelling your kind before. Who are you and where do you come from, may I ask?
    Smaug, you are so hot.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it all seems a bit petty, to the both of you.

But I do know the feeling. I remember years ago for my triple science GCSE, I said I was going to start some revision half term, and my friend was all 'wtf, that's way too early, I'd never start yet it'll be pointless'. And I thought, because she's so much more studious than me, it must be too early if even she thinka it'll be pointless. But alas on my return after half term she was heard reciting all she had learnt during her week off.
    It is a bit annoying that some people get competitive with friends over this, but I suppose it'll drive you on to work harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Smaug, you are so hot.
    Do you think flattery will keep you alive?

(Original post by Safiya122)
    I did eventually sort it out with them but yeah I would talk to other people and I'd be in the study room getting on with my work - was much easier than being around the bs tbh. And just tell her straight that you don't want anything to do with her because of what she's doing. After that, just keep away from her.
    Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    I'm a new dinosaur from Jurassic World. Disguised as Walter White. Nice to meet you.
    You think you can deceive me, Barrel-Rider?

You have come from Lake Town! This is some sort of scheme hatched between these filthy dwarves and those miserable tub-trading Lakemen, those snivelling cowards with their Longbows and Black Arrows! Perhaps it is time I paid them a visit!

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but have you tried talking to her about why she acts this way? She's obviously jealous of you, but she may not be aware that what she is doing is hurting you. If she is a decent person, she would change her attitude towards you. If she continues her ways, then avoid her.
    Shes stubborn, she won't realise why she's wrong and shes not going to be willing to change.

I have no idea why she's jealous! She does better than me in some subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think flattery will keep you alive?
    I think you are in heat.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are in heat.

You have nice manners for a thief... and a
    LIAR!

(Original post by TolerantBeing)
    To be honest, it all seems a bit petty, to the both of you.

But I do know the feeling. I remember years ago for my triple science GCSE, I said I was going to start some revision half term, and my friend was all 'wtf, that's way too early, I'd never start yet it'll be pointless'. And I thought, because she's so much more studious than me, it must be too early if even she thinka it'll be pointless. But alas on my return after half term she was heard reciting all she had learnt during her week off.
    It is a bit annoying that some people get competitive with friends over this, but I suppose it'll drive you on to work harder.
    Why am I being petty?

I've talked to my parents about this and they said that I shouldn't help her, ignore her texts and don't give her help with revision which seems fair.

ReputationRep:
    You think you can deceive me, Barrel-Rider?

You have come from Lake Town! This is some sort of scheme hatched between these filthy dwarves and those miserable tub-trading Lakemen, those snivelling cowards with their Longbows and Black Arrows! Perhaps it is time I paid them a visit!
    Oh no... This isn't their fault! Wait! You can not go to the Lake Town!

Take it you're looking forward to killing those hobbitses in your new film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Oh no... This isn't their fault! Wait! You can not go to the Lake Town!

Take it you're looking forward to killing those hobbitses in your new film.
    Films? WHAT FILM! You think Smaug the Great will be reduced to some joke? A form of entertainment!

You insult me THEIF!

Well, thief! I smell you, I hear your breath, I feel your air. Where are you?

ReputationRep:

You have nice manners for a thief... and a
    LIAR!
    The flames of passion burn ardently inside you.

ReputationRep:
    The flames of passion burn ardently inside you.
    You are young. You are foolish. Now you will suffer my wrath. I am fire. I am DEATH!

ReputationRep:
    I say you make friends with some guys. Guys are easier to be friends with. But maybe you should actually talk to her about it?..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.