Turn on thread page Beta

How to dribble AT someone on fifa? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    I've spanked Jam before anyway
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he plays boring defensive possession football, we usually draw

Chelsea are far and away the best team on the game for me. Defensively on point and Costa is a beast.

It's up to you man, if it was me because I'm lowly motivated I would be glued to it 24/7 so wouldn't buy it myself. However you seem like you could manage time better, so go for it if you can.

I haven't checked prices recently, saw the White one for £320 iirc but not sure how much the normal black one is fetching at the moment. But yeah no worth paying more for.
    Why does the fact that Jammy plays defensive football not surprise me. Carefree wherever you may be.

I've just seen that Andy Tait rant after the Man City game last year for the first time just now. I was told about it last night. Very funny. His accent just makes it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Why does the fact that Jammy plays defensive football not surprise me. Carefree wherever you may be.

I've just seen that Andy Tait rant after the Man City game last year for the first time just now. I was told about it last night. Very funny. His accent just makes it better.
    Andy is a true fan. No nonsense- called for Moyes' head as early as January when we had all the other mugs saying he needed time. My type of guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tend to change direction with the R1 button and use the odd trick with the RS.

Anyone playing on PC? Dunno why I ask as I've no idea what my Origin login is... :s

ReputationRep:
    Andy is a true fan. No nonsense- called for Moyes' head as early as January when we had all the other mugs saying he needed time. My type of guy.
    I'm sorry to say again It's Moyeseh. He got the job on a technicaliteh. I'm sat in a uni cafe creasing.

Yeah. I make no apology for Andy. Reality is for this club to finish 7th is a disgrace. People on here kept saying it would get better but it never did, it was as bad in April when he went as the start of the season. I at least expect to put up a fight against City. Glad Moyes has gone. Nice guy, but not right for this club. He got plenty of time. Hopefully Louis can improve us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    Apologies if this isn't the right thread section. I haven't played FIFA since FIFA 13 so I don't know what small things have changed in the game since then. When I used to play the game, it always bugged me that whenever I ran at a player with the ball, I instantly lost possession. As a consequence I learned to always run across a player when I dribbled with the ball. This really limited my attacking options and made the game quite boring. I could only make ground and create chances by passing alone, which I did become quite good at, winning more games in FUT than I lost. But it wasn't very exciting and if I came up against a disciplined defense who wouldn't leave massive gaps behind them I could easily exploit then there was nothing I could do apart from cross and hope for the best.

I did not get the same joy the computer or other people got when they ran at me. If a player ran at one of mine, I held contain and my player would maintain the distance and run backwards until he was on his own goal line. It was just a case of retreating until they got close enough that I had to let go of contain and make a tackle with b which rarely worked because contain never got me enough close to them, or I had to jockey using left trigger and have to react to every move they made myself. One fake shot from Robben and by the time I had reacted to it he would be in acres of space and would have already shot before I adjusted to his change of direction.

In short, how do you dribble at someone and not lose the ball as soon as they stand still, and how do you defend and not concede an acre of space by 'containing' them as they run at you?
    I've not read all of the comments so I don't know if anyone has touched on this. My experience with the dribbling is that if you just sprint towards defenders and try and beat each player with pace, (which I have found most people doing) it doesn't work and you will get tackled very easily and become frustrated. However, i've found that once you slow the play down, take your time and actually stop and face up dribble towards the defenders, you can predict what they will do and get passed with ease - you also have more control over the ball.

As for the defending, it's hit and miss for me haha! I still get ridiculous shots going in against me and the defenders have a habit of not closing down players right next to them or intercepting easy balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Look at how powerful she now is OP.
    It actually worked! :mmm: partly because of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    It actually worked! :mmm: partly because of you
    Your turn.

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of United on the game, too slow and no incision (could put ADM or Valencia up top for pace but not really a fan of that). PSG also play disjointed, but yeah depends how you play.
    United are pretty bad, but the fact that I hate see United lose makes me play better myself. PSG is a pretty beast side, Ibra and Cavani in the box to head it in and just have Moura and Lavezzi on the wings, with Silva & Luiz at back. Simple but effective tactics.

ReputationRep:
    New question, iirc in the practice mode when you have a behind the player perspective the directions to perform skill moves were 90 degrees from the directions to do it in a match where your perspective is side on. I could never apply skill moves to a match because of this. Is there a way to make the practice viewing angle side on like in a match? Quote me in post please.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    New question, iirc in the practice mode when you have a behind the player perspective the directions to perform skill moves were 90 degrees from the directions to do it in a match where your perspective is side on. I could never apply skill moves to a match because of this. Is there a way to make the practice viewing angle side on like in a match? Quote me in post please.

Thanks in advance.
    There is no way to do that unfortunately.

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance.
    There's an end to end camera which might be what you're looking for

ReputationRep:
    The main concern that everyone is having with this game is that they think the defending is awful. If anything I've gotten a lot better at defending with 15 compared to 14 though it's annoying how the defenders bug out and just let go of the balll some times.

What I hate About the game the most is that you can't customise your formation with sliders like 14? Anyways as far as dribbling towards players go, I usually guard the ball then pass to someone in space. I feel the only time I end up trying to dribble past people is when I'm at the corner of the box trying to cut inwards. In that case I slow down and hold l1 instead of trying to Sprint through

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    The main concern that everyone is having with this game is that they think the defending is awful. If anything I've gotten a lot better at defending with 15 compared to 14 though it's annoying how the defenders bug out and just let go of the balll some times.

What I hate About the game the most is that you can't customise your formation with sliders like 14? Anyways as far as dribbling towards players go, I usually guard the ball then pass to someone in space. I feel the only time I end up trying to dribble past people is when I'm at the corner of the box trying to cut inwards. In that case I slow down and hold l1 instead of trying to Sprint through

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you get the feeling you'll lose the ball as soon as you run at someone, too? I always had that feeling although I'd see people dribble at me and I'd hold A and never get close to tackling them as they ran at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are tactical formation sliders. Go into tactics (where it has counter attack etc.) and go to Custom.
    Do you get the feeling you'll lose the ball as soon as you run at someone, too? I always had that feeling although I'd see people dribble at me and I'd hold A and never get close to tackling them as they ran at me.
    Because you're using the wrong buttons. You need to get used to tactical defending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    There are tactical formation sliders. Go into tactics (where it has counter attack etc.) and go to Custom.

Because you're using the wrong buttons. You need to get used to tactical defending.
    Is that new? I haven't played the last two fifas. I tried jockeying sometimes but I remember how my defender would dance like zoidberg around their player and let them straight through when I got close enough to them and the animation they'd do when they get 'fooled' by a fake shot Ray Charles would have seen coming.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.