Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCozma)
    Also, I wanted to add that romania does recognise some of the exams you've done. So I don't know how much that means to you, but considering that you've done a degree in a related field, some 1st year/2nd year exams you might have the possibilty of not doing them.

I know someone who did BioMed at St Georges and I think they managed to skip the first year and go straight into the second.
    Ah I was wondering if that was possible actually! Which uni was this at? I guess they just had to talk to admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Possible)
    Ah I was wondering if that was possible actually! Which uni was this at? I guess they just had to talk to admissions
    In any case u need to study first year, it is only possible to not sit for some exams like biology/chemistry/biochemistry since u've taken these exams and passed them. Otherwise i dont think u can start from second year.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone starting Sofia MU this October?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student in Romania, just started my first year; let me tell you the application process is lenghty but if you're short on money it is better to do it yourself than to pay £1200 for an agent to do it.

1. I don't know about the rest of the universities, but in Bucharest, as soon as you graduate you can apply to FY2, so you skin the first foundation year.

2. I don't know which one is better; but Bucharest is great!

3. Nope, sorry. The fees here are 5000 euros a year, now for all the other expenses and to have quite a luxurios life in Bucharest, going out and everything you'd probably need abou £500 a month - including living expenses. Of course at the start you'll need to buy books: general books like Gray's Anatomy, Netter Atlas you can buy on Amazon from here which are bit pricey but not impossible; we also have to buy teacher's books which are at a fraction of the price. (most are £5-£6)

3. Not here, we have a range of Arabs, Thai, Italians, Pakistani, African and South American students.

If you need more information, feel free to contact me.
    Hi, can you please give more details?

ReputationRep:
    pm me for more information 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    pm me for more information 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there a reason you can't share this information in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    pm'd you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by the_queen)
    pm'd you
    Why not share it in the thread. There are always lots of people curious about studying abroad.

ReputationRep:
    for the moment I do not have anything about this

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I hold a first class honours Biomedical science degree from the UK. I would like some information about which medicine programme will consider me. This is becouse I do not hold the best secondary school results such as GCSE and A-levels. However, I worked very hard at university to get my degree and I would hate for this to get in the way for me to study medicine in the future.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    The ministry of education in Romania require UK students to have 3 B's at A level which must include biology and chemistry I believe, I'm not 100% sure. The ministry of education basically set the rules for what students the universities in Romania can accept.
    You should definitely apply to more than one uni so you don't leave all your eggs in one basket. You can do this as an individual you don't need an agency, it's a waste of money.
    Look on each universities website for their requirements.

They don't really answer phones or respond to emails, it's nothing like the UK but you can still try contacting them though. The sooner you apply the better, don't leave it close to the deadline if you can because I think they offer places on a first come first serve basis although they won't publish the results until after the deadline.

You will need to go to a public notary to have any qualifications certified, there loads around just search on google and call them up to find out if they can help you. There is an official public notary society in the UK, on their website you can find out details for public notaries near you.
    You may be able to get some credits using your UK transcript from your degree, it depends, don't get your hopes up though.

Cluj, Iasi, Oradea and Timisora are ok UNIs,, you should have a look on their websites. I believe Oradea and Timisora have entrance exams which are quite easy to pass I hear so don't threat.
    Just a heads up, it is Romania, it's nothing like the UK, somethings are super old fashioned but you will still become a doctor in the end.

Romanian people are super friendly and they don't generally discriminate. They aren't very professional though and the secretaries at the universities can be extremely rude but it's not personal, they are rude to everyone, you just have to deal with it unfortunately.
    You should send your documents by DHL or some other courier. Send copies no originals if you want to see them ever again lol

I may have missed some points, feel free to ask me anything .

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know what they mean by certified copies/true copy?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 30, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.