UKIP North London twitter - an insight into what UKIP is really all about? Watch

MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
"We don't support your kind because homosexuality is an abomination".
https://twitter.com/UKIPNorthLondon/...93083905445889

https://twitter.com/UKIPNorthLondon
"White genocide imminent".

Etc.. etc... :eek4:

Some pretty bizarre stuff on this, courtesy of UKIP North London.

Interesting to see how street-level UKIP really thinks.

Where the BNP went. :lol:
Remember when a labour led council suppressed the fact that gangs of men of Pakistani origin were grooming young girls for sexual abuse and kept it all quiet.

Politics. There's idiots all over the place.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah Breitbart. I am glad they cleared this whole thing up!

Whether or not it is fake, the embarrassing thing for UKIP is the shear number of its supporters and members who apparently could not tell the difference between the rather outrageous thing being posted on the Twitter account and actual UKIP policy.

Anyone can create a fake account. I could create one called "Official South Essex Conservatives". I could post crazy, crack pot things like wanting to kill the poor, criminalise homosexuality and privatise Royal Mail etc. That's all very easy - but should a bunch of Tory MPs and other Tory branches start following me, well, I'd probably raise more than one eyebrow.
thesabbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
Ah Breitbart. I am glad they cleared this whole thing up!

Whether or not it is fake, the embarrassing thing for UKIP is the shear number of its supporters and members who apparently could not tell the difference between the rather outrageous thing being posted on the Twitter account and actual UKIP policy.

Anyone can create a fake account. I could create one called "Official South Essex Conservatives". I could post crazy, crack pot things like wanting to kill the poor, criminalise homosexuality and privatise Royal Mail etc. That's all very easy - but should a bunch of Tory MPs and other Tory branches start following me, well, I'd probably raise more than one eyebrow.
Yes, two dozen or so of these accounts appeared a couple of years ago most likely as sleeper cells since it was not clear who owned and operated them. All names in the same format mirroring legitimate branch accounts. They used to re-tweet en masse every official UKIP announcement which got them followers.

Nothing wrong with most of the posts anyway imo, but then I'm just a fellow traveller and recognise that unfortunately my views are not reflective of party policy. Still, I'm sure we can all celebrate the diversity of opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1648)
78.78%
Leave (444)
21.22%

Watched Threads