Turn on thread page Beta

Girls Do you like one direction? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Indifferent

ReputationRep:
    Im indifferent. I have an older sister who likes them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Congratulations. Your ignorance of pop music rivals my own
    er, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMango)
    I read that they were pretty much bankrupt now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was fast; source?

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    To answer the question, they are completely bland to me. I can listen to them but I don't hate it or love it. It just seems so manufactured and made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I'm aware this makes me sound like a music snob (which I;m not as I don't really know that much about music).

Edit: I just realized it was asking girls. It's like I;m deliberating trying to be mistaken for female :rolleyes:
    Isn't that the idea of 'Pop music'? To appeal to the masses as widely as possible? I think the management has basically done their job well. Now I'm wondering when will it all decline or stagnate.

(Original post by AdamCee)
    They bring shame upon English music.
    In what way? Because it's Pop music?

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    my guilty pleasure
    little things gets me everytime..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    In what way? Because it's Pop music?
    No not because it's pop - while I'm not a fan of pop some is alright.

I don't know it's just the way they act and their cockyness and their lyrics and how fake and produced they are. They aren't proper musicians - they're a few good looking guys who have a decent voice with an army of songwriters and producers and PR teams to manufacture their way to fame. Now a lot of pop artists do the same but I think 1D do it the worst tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)

Isn't that the idea of 'Pop music'? To appeal to the masses as widely as possible? I think the management has basically done their job well. Now I'm wondering when will it all decline or stagnate.
    True. But I want music that hasn't been designed solely by "management". I like lots of pop music but on direction are like Justin Beiber. They are so ultra pop it becomes so non offensive as to be boring. Like by trying to appeal to as much people as possible it hinders creativity. Plus I'm just not that much of a fan of that type of music anyway. Pop music doesn't have to be like that. But the pop music that is more often than not **** imo.

ReputationRep:
    I like them but it's my type of music. Each to their own

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.