Rate these women out of 10? Watch

TolerantBeing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
I made a response to this a few days ago. While being physically attractive is an advantage, it's not and should not be the be all and end all or we should all be scared of junk food and rest days. OP is not usually known for his entitlement complex, rather his insecurity. :/
I find guys often believe this. Don't go for beautiful girls when you are below average yourself. Because you're setting yourself up for rejection, unless you have some cracking redeeming qualities.
flutterby-x303
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TolerantBeing)
I find guys often believe this. Don't go for beautiful girls when you are below average yourself. Because you're setting yourself up for rejection, unless you have some cracking redeeming qualities.
…well, there's an easy (practically, emotionally very difficult) way of getting around that. Stop basing leagues primarily on aesthetics. In fact eradicate the elitist notion of leagues in general. Be the example to overcome it.

Either that or reverse the situation for girls and make everyone unhappy, surely you must recognise there's a bunch of girls 'below average' who go after handsome guys and get their hearts broken? Why is it only guys who believe this?

Once again not blaming you but society and the halo effect. I think OP has set his standards too high since they're all models, otherwise I find it depressing the way this thread has gone :/
NathanW18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're all hot and 8+/10.

For most, they're going to be unobtainable. If you're not attractive or rich, you're unlikely to attract women like that.
CatnipGlows
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
Fair enough, but I think it's important that you at least find someone physically attractive.
I agree, I think you need to have at least a degree of attractiveness to make a relationship work. I might sound really shallow saying this but it's true. I'm not saying everyone needs to be a 10/10, but you need to find someone attractive to you otherwise it's difficult to make it work.
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I'm a shallow mother****er
CatnipGlows
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been in the real world, realise there is that third option of 'single and cool with it', but it is hard to genuinely believe when you have people telling you to be realistic. So don't patronise me, re: last thread there was a communication breakdown on my part I apologise, and fair enough.
I fall in the 'single and cool with it' category.. it does exist
TolerantBeing
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
…well, there's an easy (practically, emotionally very difficult) way of getting around that. Stop basing leagues primarily on aesthetics. In fact eradicate the elitist notion of leagues in general. Be the example to overcome it.

Either that or reverse the situation for girls and make everyone unhappy, surely you must recognise there's a bunch of girls 'below average' who go after handsome guys and get their hearts broken? Why is it only guys who believe this?

Once again not blaming you but society and the halo effect. I think OP has set his standards too high since they're all models, otherwise I find it depressing the way this thread has gone :/
I'm a psychologist, it's my duty to look at people with cynicism. To be fair though, research out there has shown greater relationship satisfaction in long term relationships where both partners are more or less the same level of attractiveness.

It's logic, if you're partner is a lot more attractive than you, you're more likely to be insecure. Insecure that they are looking at other more attractive people and wishing they were with them, insecure that they are less satisfied for settling with you. And yeah, the more attractive partner may well be less satisfied.

Of course that's only a general rule, but it still applies. In the cases where there is a large difference in attractiveness, you will often find it to be a more attractive woman with a less attractive man. Because, personality aside, other factors are also important to a woman, such as success. I find a successful man more attractive, whereas I think men are less likely to be swayed by that. Also, for some reason humour is an attractive trait in a man.

Personally speaking, I know I'd be happiest with someone around the same level of attractiveness as me. Any less and yeah, I'd be a bit disappointed, any more and I will probs feel more insecure. I can't imagine it being very nice being the less attractive one in the relationship. Especially when it's obvious.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6th aaaaaaaaaaaaamg :love:

However, I am more attracted to these ones :sexface:

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Princess31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
slightly worried she's not even legal with a drop of tension about whether this comment makes me a racist :/
:lol: that definition
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
I dunno, I'm British Bengali about 4/10 I think :erm:
You're going to settle down with a Bengali girl.

I wouldn't worry about it though, because you're Bengali, you can have an arranged marriage, and I've seen a LOT of attractive girls marrying 'not so attractive' guys.

You should be more worried if you were a normal white guy, because they don't have arranged marriages.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a psychologist, it's my duty to look at people with cynicism. To be fair though, research out there has shown greater relationship satisfaction in long term relationships where both partners are more or less the same level of attractiveness.

It's logic, if you're partner is a lot more attractive than you, you're more likely to be insecure. Insecure that they are looking at other more attractive people and wishing they were with them, insecure that they are less satisfied for settling with you. And yeah, the more attractive partner may well be less satisfied.

Of course that's only a general rule, but it still applies. In the cases where there is a large difference in attractiveness, you will often find it to be a more attractive woman with a less attractive man. Because, personality aside, other factors are also important to a woman, such as success. I find a successful man more attractive, whereas I think men are less likely to be swayed by that. Also, for some reason humour is an attractive trait in a man.

Personally speaking, I know I'd be happiest with someone around the same level of attractiveness as me. Any less and yeah, I'd be a bit disappointed, any more and I will probs feel more insecure. I can't imagine it being very nice being the less attractive one in the relationship. Especially when it's obvious.
bit of a personal question? Have you ever been in one of the aforementioned scenarios?
JVD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Face value the first one would be most "appealing" in a ONS.

Though the third woman down looks to be much more in line with someone who I'd be likely to get along with.

#judgeabookbyitscovertime
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
They're all hot and 8+/10.

For most, they're going to be unobtainable. If you're not attractive or rich, you're unlikely to attract women like that.
have you ever attracted someone like this? I remember you from a while back
tammie94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're all at least 9+
Jgco2chem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DErasmus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
physical attractiveness is defo important but I lol at anyone who bases their entire relationship around it, was a super hot girl on my course her voice was so tiring and she had literally no other qualities, still had a bf... attractiveness is very important.

imo the more intelligent women and men still value attractiveness but can usually look beyond such shallowness, better aiming high than being a mug.

If you're ugly and confident / have morals and good culture you can still do well or you're ugly and rich, or damn lucky.

is it any surprise no one wants to date someone who is ugly AND suffers from lack of confidence / no culture? no wealth? srs no brainer
TolerantBeing
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
bit of a personal question? Have you ever been in one of the aforementioned scenarios?
Not really
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really
ah no worries I have but she didn't recognise it. Which is why I think you can't just judge attractiveness on aesthetics, other things matter like you said

I am surprised though. You'd make for some fun intelligent debates!
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I looked like any of these women, I wouldn't be sat on TSR, I'd be out with a man, feeling very happy with how I looked.

Karen Gillan though...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads