Old Mutual Global Investors - Investment Summer Internship Watch

Anonynmous
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
Should get interviews no problem. Which other ones have you applied for?

I know someone who got on last year and they said that they will try and accommodate your preference, also I have done equity research in the past so it would be odd if I didn't think I could add the most value in an equities role.

Take my hat off to you with your WM experience.

Aren't you apprehensive competing against uni students? :P
Thanks

Yeah I'm a bit uneasy knowing i'm against FY students like you lol - Gives me more motivation to shine when it comes to skype interview and AC.
Anonynmous
Rep:
?
Should get interviews no problem. Which other ones have you applied for?

I know someone who got on last year and they said that they will try and accommodate your preference, also I have done equity research in the past so it would be odd if I didn't think I could add the most value in an equities role.

Take my hat off to you with your WM experience.

Aren't you apprehensive competing against uni students? :P
Other ones I've applied for are paid internships at BB's and Boutiques that I found out in my school.
tazza ma razza
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonynmous)
It was good tbh - Not the best open day i've been too but none the less very insightful.

We had to listen to an interview about why MS over every1 else, their business model etc.

Then we did some icebreaker session, then a fun activity with others.

Then we did a networking session with the F/O analysts/associates so ER, WM, IBD, S&T.

I'd say its worth it.
Yh that is what i've heard! seems good tho i do have to say! I am interested to learn how to formally network - i have only done it reallllllllly casually in some economics and bank summer schools i went to.

Btw, what are your A level grades etc if you dont mind me asking? I am predicted A*AAA in maths, further maths, german and economics after getting AAAB at AS (grades respective to subject order!)
Aussie Dude ._.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Another day passes with a response from them
Razina17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone heard back yet?
I applied last year and it took about 3 months for them to get back to me after I emailed them which is the funny part. I got in so far, got shortlisted and in the end they said no. Trying again this year.
Razina17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I heard they only interviewed about 5% of applicants last year, so the application plays a huge role I am assuming. I said my preferred asset class was equities given my background.

If you get this you will be laughing next year, I am hoping this will give me some more AM experience to help me next year for summer internship applications.

Which firms have you worked at?
No way only 5%. I applied last year and I got through to the interview stage, was in year 13 back then now I'm at uni so hopping I get more of a chance than last year
Aussie Dude ._.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Razina17)
No way only 5%. I applied last year and I got through to the interview stage, was in year 13 back then now I'm at uni so hopping I get more of a chance than last year
That's what I was told my someone who was on the programme last year... 5%-10%.
Aussie Dude ._.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All, OMGI just moved back their deadline to notify applicants to 16th January, so I am guessing they will notify us next week. Seems like they received a lot of applications...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonynmous
Rep:
?
All, OMGI just moved back their deadline to notify applicants to 16th January, so I am guessing they will notify us next week. Seems like they received a lot of applications...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler:
Show
Aussie Dude ._.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
Hahahaha tell me about it ! I can just imagine this turning into them pushing back the deadline a week at a time for the next month -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonynmous
Rep:
?
Hear anything guys? :/
Aussie Dude ._.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hear anything guys? :/
Nothing I guess they are going to go right up to the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonynmous
Rep:
?
Nothing I guess they are going to go right up to the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
We either got rejected or they are really taking their time!
Razina17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We either got rejected or they are really taking their time!
Don't be so negative. Last year they took about 2 months to get back to me but it wasn't as strict as last year. You never know what could happen.

P.S guys just got an email from them. I'm through to the assessment centre so look out for your emails.
Anonynmous
Rep:
?
Don't be so negative. Last year they took about 2 months to get back to me but it wasn't as strict as last year. You never know what could happen.

P.S guys just got an email from them. I'm through to the assessment centre so look out for your emails.
Well done!!
Razina17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done!!
Thanks. Have you heard back?
Anonynmous
Rep:
?
Thanks. Have you heard back?
Nope - Ah well...
TkTk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Same. Good luck
Razina17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys whens your AC at? Mines on Wednesday. Good luck to all of you
nemonilla
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone know what to expect on stage 1? the 'computer test' as they've called it

is it an excel test? finance test? numerical?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads